You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think I Am Being Followed By A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I Am Being Followed By A Spirit

 

I need to know if I am being followed by a spirit, and if I am what can I do about it? I have always been sensitive to spirits, I know when one is around, I can usually tell if it is an evil spirit, demon or someone just stuck here and occasionally I receive messages from them in detail.

A few years ago some friends of mine were using a Ouija board in my house. I have had an uneasy feeling and the feeling of being constantly watched since then. I did not use it but I was watching and the spirit told my friends it would not say anything until I left the room because I was too loud (I was not saying anything just quietly watching) after they were finished playing with it they wiped it down and gave it back to its owner.

That night things began happening in my apartment, we would here footsteps that led from the kitchen to the living room and back, one night I was laying in bed and my stereo turned all the way up then down then off and I felt something sit on my bed and say "there now that's better". I came home one day after work to find all my Christmas decorations on the floor and a solid metal Menorah snapped in half, a few more things happened before my roomate and I (mostly my idea) decided to have the apartment blessed. The blessing worked as far as the inside of the house went nothing else happened except at night we would hear from outside screaming that I cannot place my finger on what it was. It was not like any animal or human scream I have ever heard and I would also hear someone saying to me "let me back in, only you can, let me in NOW!"

Eventually I moved in with my sister and that is when things began to happen again.

I would hear the same voice over and over again, one night something was scratching the underside of my bed and it got so loud I had my brother in-law come in and flip my bed so I could look for what it was that was making the scratching, there was nothing I looked in every box searched the boxsping for holes thinking maybe there was a mouse in side something and nope nothing. I then moved back home when, I left her house nothing else happened to her however I have become even more uneased. More noises have been happening and more of my things have been moving and at night. When I am not fully asleep I feel something choking me and I try and try to scream for my mother but I can't nothing comes out until right before I feel like I am about to black out then my voice starts to come out little by little and eventually I am able to call her. I started sleeping in the living room where my mother sleeps so when this happens I can just reach out for her so it ends quickly.

My sister has since moved and I am staying with her for a bit. Nothing was ever in her house before I started staying here even when I visited I did not feel anything here, but now that I have been here for a few weeks things have been happening again and I again feel like I am constantly being watched and feel very uneasy. It started with a banging noise one night in the spare room where I am sleeping, the noise woke me up and got louder and more constant until I sat up and acknowledged that I heard it then it stopped until the next night, I have been hearing footsteps when I am the only one home my sister has too, mostly little things have been happening though getting more and more frequent, then this morning after my sister and her husband left for work, I got up to use the bathroom and I heard a banging coming from the far corner of the room again I tried to ignore it and it only got closer and louder. My sisters cat has been frantically running around the living room with her fur poofed out and she will not stop crying, doors keep slamming shut but when I go to investigate all the doors are as they were when I last checked them, when I went to get a dish out of a cabinet the cabinet door was forced out of my hand and shut it also sounds like someone is going up and down the stairs constantly.

It seems to me whenever I really start to acknowledge its presence and talk about it that the spirit or whatever it is gets stronger and more things happen. I am a very spiritual person and ask God almost everyday for protection for myself, my family and my home against any beings that mean to do harm however, this doesn't seem to be helping. Can I please have some feedback on one, am I being followed by this spirit/demon, two, what is it and three, what can I do about it before it starts choking me again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rissi0228, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

butterfly (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
well I think you may be being followed by a spirit because it can't be a demon if you are asking god for pretection. I am sorry I don't know what you should do to stop it from choking you but maybe if you ask it to stop hurting you then it might stop choking you and only follow you. I also think it is maybe trying to protect you from demons or something that could hurt you.
Take care, ❤
kyuenquan (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
after I read the story, blessing of the house is good only for a period of time, the main thing is you, Chinese have a ying and yang thing, why a person attrach spirit is because the person kama have ying more than yang, if you want to stop this spirit thing, try to find a chinese temple, talk to the monk, he will actually know what to do, why? Cause one of my friend have the third eye, is a she, she nearly die, because she can see spirit, her family bring her to a chinese temple to ask the monk to close her third eye and some blessing from the monk to stop everything.
Rissi0228 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I really appreciate all of your feed back... Thank you all very much... I have placed a call about get my home blessed and in reading your responses it reminded me that the night that my house was blessed she also preformed the same ritual after she was done with the house on me and my roomate and crossed our forehead with the same blessed oil she used on the house shouldn't that have protected me still... I am absolutly going to get it done again either way because it still allowed me to feel at ease inside my home which is at least the second most important part of this...
I definetly agree that it is trying to get my attention but why? And why when it does have my attention not do or say or show me anything? Or is it maybe just wanting to be noticed so that it can know that it still exsists? Is it possible that the reason it seems to get stronger every time I do give it attention that its just not strong enough yet to be able to communicate what it wants or needs me to know and that it does get stronger every time I acknowledge it or thinks it does? And one last question why does it follow me when I wasn't the one who used the ouija board it wasn't even my board?
I'm sorry I have so many questions but if it something that needs help I would like to be able to help if I can... Or could it be someone that wants to help me obviously if someone was sent here to help me I am pretty sure I would wwant that help... But by the same token if it is something that I'm going to need to be helped get away from I would obviously want to know that too. Thank you again for all your help I'm sorry I have so many questions.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Rissi0228 Before getting it blessed again I would try a few techniques and ideas that are on this site and if these do not work then try getting it blessed again, this seems like it has followed you or is stuck after the session with the ouija board, now I'm not sure wether the choking was to do with the spirit or something to do with sleep paralysis there does seem to be some resemblance to that. It obviously wants your attention so try not to give in to it and do what you can to get rid of this entity there is a lot of helpful ways and people on this site that can help you. I wish you all the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Rowan_Red (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
It honestly sounds like the spirit wants to get your attention. It wounds like they are trying deliberately trying to get you to notice them. Maybe its because you're more spiritually in tune than most, or maybe it just thinks you're the best fit to help. Usually when you confront the spirit they seem to react. Maybe you could try asking what it wants? It might feel weird talking to the air, but it seems to have helped others in your situation. Maybe you can try and direct it to finding peace, or the afterlife?

Just give it a try, and if nothing changes and you want the spirit out try having your house blessed again, that seemed to work last time.
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Gurl I've been there... Never choked, but I've heard my back door open with keys, I've heard the spirit walk into the kitchen, open and close doors, walk into the bathroom and close the door behind it -- and no one was in the house nor were the doors disturbed. I used to get footsteps, knocking - ugh never anything physical tho. Same thing after a ouija experience. Unreal - nasty little bugger. I got baptized (hadn't been up until then) it finally stopped harassing me.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Sounds like you're being haunted by an Onryo.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onry%C5%8D

Http://samuraidave.wordpress.com/

Japanese folklore often has a few suggestions on how to deal with spirits with vengeance on their mind.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
I would get the same person who blessed your initial house, the house that all this started in, to bless you. Because it seems that person did a good job blessing the house, if the spirit that is obviously haunting you, was unable to get back into that house.
I would think that this person might be able to send the spirit to where it needs to go.
Good luck! 😐
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
I have to echo zzsgranny here. I think it would be an excellent idea to contact a spirit medium or someone who can help you send this spirit back to the other side. Now that I think about it, it's no wonder why so many people are attacked or followed by spirits after using Ouija boards. Too many people don't know how to use them properly and probably aren't sending these spirits back where they came from. They are probably confused and upset at being here, and need to be sent back where they belong.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Rissi: In my opinion, if you've asked for protection from harmful entities and the experiences continue, then this spirit doesn't intend to hurt you... If it was brought here through the ouija board, it may not know how to get back and needs your help to do so... If the experiences intensify after you've communicated with it, I think it's because it realizes that you CAN sense it, and is trying to hold your attention... Try to find a reliable medium to help you communicate and help this spirit, who seems to be stuck here through no fault of it's own...

There are going to be people who will tell you that this is demonic, but that's not always the case... I think the choking was showing frustration on the part of the spirit for the lack of attention... If a spirit wants your attention they will use whatever methods they can to do so...

Hope you find a solution and keep us posted! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: