You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Myrtles

Real Ghost Stories

Myrtles

 

We live in north la about 3 hours from the myrtles plantation, so getting there for a weekend is pretty easy for us. Our first visit we stayed in one of the garden rooms. I have read some reviews that really complain about the accommodations, but, like most people interested in the paranormal, that wasn't important to us. We got there in the early afternoon, and enjoyed sitting around the patio area and drinking a cold one. Later, we had a wonderful dinner at the carriage house restaurant, and highly recommend that. After dark, we went on the last mystery tour of the evening. The only place that you are allowed to photo was the hallway with the famous mirror and stairs. Well, we weren't disappointed. I had taken a picture of the mirror and about 45 seconds later, Cindy took one.

After we got back home and put them on the computer, we were truly amazed. There in the mirror, was the ghost of a man dressed in civil war error clothing...hat, grey suit buttoned up, complete with a colonel sanders mustache, just standing there posing. He wasn't in my picture, but was very plain in Cindy's...no one that we have shown the picture to have had any problem picking out the "ghost".

After the tour, we were wandering the grounds, using an emf meter, getting almost no readings, maybe a.1 or.2, but nothing consistent at all. We noticed two chairs sitting under a tree and started toward that direction. Immediately the emf started going nuts and rose to a 4.0 level. Cindy took a picture of the chairs and the air was full of energy. Not an orb, but the thick wavy bluish haze with bright streaks that make you think of energy... The second picture there was less and it appeared to be dissipating, the third it was gone... We worked the emf in the area and found a spike on the other side of the tree and were able to photo it again up higher this time, just not as much as the first two pictures... It sure seemed as though the energies were sitting in the two chairs under the tree...

We went back a few months later really wanting to stay in the main house and were lucky to get the general Bradford suite... But to our dismay, we weren't able to capture any phenomenon at all this time... We did do some evp sessions in the room but without any luck... Took the mystery tour again, but nothing strange in the mirrors pictures this time... Did take our previous pictures and gave to the staff who mentioned our ghost in the mirror to the others on the tour that night... Was a pleasure, as Ms. Hester herself, was the one doing the tour... I think the general Bradford suite is a later edition to the house and am wanting to go back and stay in one of the upstairs rooms...

If you are going for any other reason other than "ghost hunting", then don't go... You will probably be a little disappointed in the accommodations for the price, but definitely worth the trip for the possibility of experiencing the out of the ordinary...wouldn't take anything for our pictures on the first trip... 2nd one disappointing, but as you guys know, it's a special night when it does occur

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mforbess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LilSistagurl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
i live in church point, I have been to the myrtles, its creepy... My cousin works there and he said he seen a dark figure! 😨
mforbess (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
not sure exactly how to post the pics... Not a computer person, but my wife is pretty good at that sort of thing... Any instructions would help...also, if any of you guys would like you can email me at mforbess [at] ryanchevy.com and if I can't post them I'll be glad to mail you a copy of these... They are pretty cool
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show the pictures!...We like that kind of stuff! 😆...I would love to live that close to a haunted site... All we have here in Vegas is area 51...It's fun, and I've never been there at night, but I'm planning to someday...
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
I have seen many documentaries and ghost hunting investigations at the Myrtles Plantation. I believe it is considered one of the most haunted places in America. It must have been so exciting to acutally catch one of their ghosts on camera. I agree with Devious and would really love to see those photos. Is it possible for you to share them with us? Thanks for posting. 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
So you're going to share the pictures with us, right? 😆 I just have to see them for myself... And I think it's great you guys actually did some professional work, with EMF readings and all that. Please share your pictures with us!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: