You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unknown Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Unknown Shadow

 

This is a story relating to my childhood around the year 1994. I used to live in a government colony because at that time we never had a house of our own, we used to live on rental bases.

Now we shifted to this new flat. It was a three floor building and we shifted to the third floor. As soon as we shifted there I had an erring feeling about this house... Something didn't seem right about this house though nothing was out of place but still the house was not much for my liking.

With us the landlord was staying with his family. He had 2 children, a boy of 3 and a girl of 8 months old. The house always had darkness to it although it was third floor and there was ample amount of sunlight.

On this particular night we all went to sleep when suddenly we woke up to some commotion. My parents and I got up to see a strange incident. The 8 month old girl was held by the mother in the bathroom and the boy from next door was standing and urinating on the babies head... This shocked my parents and they asked the mother what she was doing... She snuggled it off saying it was part of their ritual and it was nothing serious. We never gave it a thought and slowly we forgot about the incident.

After a few days I felt like someone was always there around me, now parents were working people and I would be always alone in my room but I always felt a thing kind of a dark shadow was watching me. Then strange things began to happen. We used to always lock our room and even the landlord didn't have an access to our room, but whenever I used to come back from school things would not be in the same place where it was in the morning. The Pepsi bottle would be empty when I returned home though I would be full in the morning.

One day I went to the toilet for a quick pee, as I was peeing suddenly I saw the shadow with a black robe standing right in front of me. I got so scared that I screamed and ran out; my parents asked me what was wrong... I told them that I saw a black shadow and started crying hysterically, the night time I had high fever of 103 degree and I fell terribly ill. It took me a month to recover from it.

It was during my fever when I was half asleep I overheard my mother telling my father that the house was kind of weird because everyday for the past one month whenever she used to clean the house she used to always find a drop of blood under our chair and everyday at the same spot in the morning she used to find it... She even showed it to my father the next day and they somehow related the blood incident with my sudden fever because she started seeing the blood the same day I saw the shadow in my toilet.

No wonder as soon as I got well we immediately shifted from there to a new place. It's been 16 years after the incident but still I break into a cold sweat whenever I think about the "Black Shadow".

If any on you have any idea about this shadow please let me know

Other hauntings by wickedsunny2009

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wickedsunny2009, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
i wish you could have investigated the issue more to get even more concrete evidence.

1. Whether the paranormal activities had any relation with the landlord's family doing that odd ritual

2. Some past information suppressed from your family

3. Summoning of a demon entity in exchange of something materialistic - unfortunately you and your family had nothing to do with it - it is just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

- a request for the moderators - I hope I am allowed to write in old testaments even when the account holder doesn't show up for a long time (this includes beckoning the account holder to come back although it seems unlikely that they will.) ... The intention being that some information share is more likely to be helpful than writing nothing (even if its an old testament) . If anything is out of the line, kindly notify that it is, as it is very fragile system down here and sometimes there is no clear understanding of what action constitute a misdeed here. Thank you for your kind consideration.
rakeshdas2102 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
So wicked Sunny what is your next ghost story. I am eager to watch your next ghost stories. Well you haven't mentioned about our ghost stories. What we had suffered while going to matheran. Tell them Plz
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
rakesh2102 ghost hunting I am with you, thrash a ghost please count me out of it 😆
rakeshdas2102 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Yes Sunny You do have told me about this. I believe you my friend. Lets be a ghost hunter and thrash a ghost. 😆
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Hey gang thanks for the reply, most of you are asking why we didn't report to the authorities,that's because they were our landlord and we could not just go against them. Afterwards we came to know that the baby girl used to just wake up in the middle of the night and blankly stare at the ceiling, she would not respond to anyone it is then that the girl's granny told her mother about this bizzare ritual of peeing. Since I left from there I haven't seen those people nor do I want to 😊
frosting1012 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
the same thing happened to me and my cousin except for the blood and getting sick for so long (but we did get sick).
It was rainy out and my cousin and I were tying our shoes and we saw something fly across us at the same time. For a second we thought it was just us blinking at the same time but then we said you don't blink for like 2-3 seconds so we looked up the history of the house and it was an old elderly hom eand people were murdered there so it must have been the spirt of an old lady.
Forever and always,
Me
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
I haven't read any of the comments, so if I happen to repeat others I apologize. WHAT!? What kind of c rap is that about a kid peeing on his baby sisters head & the mother condoning it!? I would have done something about that instantly even if the broad said it was okay, it certainly is not. Now it is strange about the shadow, your fever & the blood coincide. I don't think I have heard anything like that. Well I have heard & witnessed people getting ill from spirits, I know that happens but the blood just creeped me out. Your mother must have been really unsettled. I wonder if it had to do with the sick (in the head) land lord, like if they just attracted evil by being corrupt like that. I'm sorry it happened to you, thanks for sharing.

~~LSD~~
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
I agree and think the authorities should have been called on this woman. Never have I ever heard of a tradition where you let your son urinate on a baby's head. Sounds to me this woman might have had postpartum depression, or the entity in the house was influencing her to do these things. The shadow and the blood gave me a very eerie feeling and it's a good thing your family moved when they did.

Devious, I think I know which documentary you are talking about. Was it the one where the investigator went up in the attic and somehow got strangled by a rope? They showed the red liquid dripping from the kitchen cabinets. That scared the heck out of me. 😨
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
I would be very concerned about what that mother was doing with her baby. I don't know what kind of custom that might be but it doesn't sound right and I would have reported her to authorities.

I'm not sure what made you sick, but it could have been that crying made your sinuses raw and vulnerable to bacteria, resulting in something similar to hay fever. It may just be a coincidence that it happened after you saw this shadow.

As for the drop of blood and the shadow person you saw, those parts are very strange to me. It sounds like something bad happened in that house. The fact that the drop of blood was under a chair tells me that there's no way it could have come from your family. I saw a documentary on TV once in which a family lived in a house where a red liquid that looked like blood would randomly bleed from walls, cabinets, etc. I'm glad you guys moved from there because it sounds pretty sinister.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: