You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Windowpane

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Windowpane

 

Until recently, my husband and I lived in a large house in a small town in Pennsylvania. I worked from home in our spacious and beautifully finished basement. My desk was in front of a window which looked out to a spectacular view of the mountains in the distance. The house was on a hill with no neighbors behind us. My work day began at 07:00 AM, while it was still dark out. My husband would begin getting ready for work at about the same time.

Shortly after I started work one day in early 2003 or 2004, something caught my I eye. Looking up from my computer to look at the windowpane in front of my desk, still dark out, I could clearly see my own reflection and all the furniture surrounding me. Much to my surprise, about 15 feet behind me was standing the figure of a man dressed in a white tee-shirt and light blue jeans. Startled, I looked behind me and seeing nothing, I turned to look back at the windowpane where his reflection was still apparent. "The man" looked at me, shifted his body to look to his right, and started to walk passing behind the furniture. He disappeared just past our stair case, of to an area where my husband made his personal work space.

Startled, I got up from my chair and walked back to try to find the person I had just seen, and found no one. Although I did not hear anyone walk down or back up the stairs, I thought that perhaps my husband may have come down to the basement to look for something. I ran up the stairs to our bedroom to find my husband in the shower. Puzzled, I returned to my desk and continued my work day forgetting about my experience.

A few weeks later, we were watching one of the many ghost story shows on TV and suddenly remembered to tell my husband about my experience. He dismissed it as a possible reflection from the TV that I kept continuously on for company, next to my desk in the basement. We forgot about the incident.

About a month or two after I experienced my "apparition", my husband happened to be working at his own desk in the basement at around 09:30 AM. I was having trouble with my computer and asked my husband to take a look. He sat at my desk with me sitting on another chair immediately to his left. My husband suddenly looked up at the windowpane, and then turned to look behind us and again at the windowpane, doing the same thing over and over again saying "Oh my God, Oh my God". When I asked what was happening he began to tell me what he had seen; exactly what I had seen several weeks earlier. This time, however it was light out and the windowpane had purposely turned dark as if for my husband to witness the same apparition.

Never before or since did we have this experience again, although we did have other experiences in a house that was only four years old when we moved into it. Without revealing my reasons, I inquired with neighbors who lived there for many years prior to our house having been built. None remembered anyone dying or being injured in the house while, or since it was built.

Truthfully, we believe the experiences are linked to us and not to the house itself. Both my husband and I have experienced things since we were children. I write about other personal experiences as I remember them.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Have a great day,

Lucy

Other hauntings by Lucy7

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lucy7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lisa3007 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hi,

Are you interested in sharing your story on a paranormal investigation TV show? Please contact me at my email located in my account. Thanks.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I'm not sure what to say. I know I wouldn't be able to look at that window pane or be able to be in the room for that matter.I'm sorry you had to go through that with the ghosts. I think you have much emotional strength and you can be great someday with such emotional power. I hope you keep poasted. 😊
Lucy7 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Hi Darkness, I can't say I had then or now, any idea of who it could be. I did get the impression is was younger man.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Hi Lucy as mentioned it sounds as if this spirit is attached to either yourselves or a object in your house. Did you recognise this man at all or have any idea of who it could have been?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Lucy7 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Hi princesLotus. I have heard that paranormal activity can happen without death or injury having occurred at the location but I wonder why this "entity" showed himself to both of us at different times? And why only once? Although I will say that after I saw him, I was affraid to look at the windowpane and often times I would leave the blinds closed until it was light out, or simply avoided looking at the window at all costs. I never felt threatened but it was still unnerving. Some people tell me it could have been a guardian angel but again, why would both my husband and I see the same one?

Lucy
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Thank you Lucy! This story is good. Just to let you know, any place can have spiritual activity even if the place is new & nothing happened on the land like death or anything. But yes spirits do attach them selves to people at times & this is true. I can't wait to hear another one!

~~LSD~~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: