You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Wild Imaginations Or Real Paranormal Experiences?

Real Ghost Stories

Wild Imaginations Or Real Paranormal Experiences?

 

I have posted a story before about the house that was being haunted by an old man and entities that I was unaware of. I also mentioned my daughter seeing things and possibly shadow people. I have since moved to a different town. My parents moved back into their house and have had no paranormal experiences since I left. My daughter loves her new room, and I have not had any issues like I did at the house I was caretaking. However, a week ago I was awoken from a blood curdling scream from my daughter's room.

My daughter does tend to fall off of her bed in the night, so I thought this time maybe she hurt herself by falling a toy. My daughter does suffer from night terrors too. However, I entered the room only to find her sitting up facing the door, shivering wrecklessly and with her arms out for me to get her. I asked her what is wrong. She said one of her pencil erasers that she got for Christmas smacked her in the head. Then she said someone was tickling her feet (she hates her feet covered when she sleeps). She also mentioned that a woman in the doorway talked to her, but couldn't "tell what she was saying, because she talked too fast." She also said the lady heard me coming and disappeared. She also mentioned of the lady having something on her face, like a mask. I didn't understand what she was describing, and I slept with her the rest of the night. After this incident she still sleeps in her room and has been sleeping through the night with no problems. It was like she was afraid at first, but then not after thinking about it. The lady at the doorway didn't seem to threaten her.

My boyfriend has been talking in sleep, a lot too. He yells things out loud about war. I don't know why he dreams about war because he is against it (my boyfriend is what I call a hippie that doesn't use drugs). One time he jerked around in bed yelling "where in the **** is the rest of the infantry!" or something of that sort. He says it could be from movies he has watched, which may be true.

There is another odd thing about the house that happened. My boyfriend bought it over a year ago from a lady who was waiting for an organ transplant. Her boyfriend died a few years before and he left the house to her. She was a chain smoker and had an oxygen tank too. When my boyfriend moved in, he had to leave the windows open for 2 days to get rid of the smell, and we still get streak marks in the bathroom after showers from the leftover nicotine residue. However, shortly after I moved in, which was last May, a man came to our door asking who the new owner of the house was. He mentioned of the lady's death. She died not even two weeks after my boyfriend moved in, and they were planning a memorial service!

The house is only 15 years old, and has all new appliances. We have not had any issues other than fuses being blown on occasion. However, we do get cold spots; but we brush these off as it being a poorly insulated house. Some of this is kind of a scary, being what I went through before. But this time I don't feel threatened or as my family or I will be harmed. I am beginning to wonder if I am a sensitive, and if my daughter can "literally" see dead people?

Other hauntings by asande1979

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, asande1979, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
asande1979 those are some pretty full on events cosmogal926 pointed out it could be the lady with the oxygen mask on I think there is a really good possibility this is what your daughter saw. I can kind of picture the old lady talking really fast with the mask on its quite a frightning image in my head almost like out of a horror movie. I don't think it is a residual haunting mainly because you mention that the lady heard you coming and then dissapeared. I wish you all the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Why did a man come & ask about the new occupants & tell strangers about the lady's death? That's kind of strange to me. Those are some weird experiences though & thank you for sharing. Bless you.

~~LSD~~
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Wow, excellent observations cosmo! I didn't even think about the things you mentioned. And yeah, it's very possible that the boyfriend could have been in the military..."infantry" is a word that most civilians don't generally use unless they have prior military experience or are military/war movie buffs.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I agree with DA, and believe that children are more in tuned to the sprit world then we are. I have seen things when I was a child and now I find myself listening to my friends telling me about "things" their children are seeing and hearing. Your daughter said that the woman was wearing a mask, and you mentioned that the previous resident was a heavy smoker that needed a tank. I think she saw the lady with her oxygen mask on. Your boyfriend could be experiencing memories of someone who lived in the house before. Do you know if the former owner's boyfriend was a soldier? Thank you for sharing your story. 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Children are so spiritually open that I think it's very possible your daughter saw what she said she saw. It may have been a residual haunting (with the eraser throwing aside, because that sounds like something a poltergeist would do). The reason I think that is because your daughter said the woman was talking really fast. It could be that she was just speaking really fast, but... Have you ever seen the second "Cube" movie? It deals a lot with quantum mechanics and there are rooms in this "cube" machine where time is played out at a different speed, so it seemed like everything was happening really fast. Residual hauntings in general are like a time-rift of replayed events, so I think it could be possible. The tickling sensation on her feet could have been a gust of air from a draft in her room, though I'm not sure.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: