You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost At Work

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At Work

 

I have been working at a University in New Jersey for 8 years. The building that I work in was built in 1999 and is a relatively modern building. Ever since I first started to work there, when I would use the ladies room I would hear someone moving in the stall next to mine. I would look down and never see feet or anyone else in the bathroom. This has gone on for the entire time that I have been working there and I have heard other co-workers tell me that they've heard the same sounds. I have stopped using the bathroom in the hallway and now use one inside of the office.

About two years ago they needed to add another office, so they broke through a wall and expanded the space that we were already in. My new office cubicle is right next to a fire door. My boss likes to leave the fire door open so that she can take a short cut to the haunted ladies room. She used to leave it propped open all day long, but one day one of the girls complained and asked that my boss keep it shut.

Once we started to keep the fire door closed, I began to hear knocking. Whenever I would get up to open the fire door there would be no one in the hallway. 2 minutes later the knocking would come again and my boss would open the door and no one would be standing there. You have to understand that there's a very long hallway and our fire door is at the end of it, so there is no way that someone could disappear fast enough to not be seen after knocking and having the door opened immediately.

Sometimes my boss still leaves the door open and when she does I can hear someone moving around in the office behind me (that is my other boss's office) I will hear papers moving and the chair rolling and then he will not be in there. This has been happening for so long now that I really feel like the ghost or entity or whatever it is likes the fire door open so that it can move about the area freely, from the bathroom, to the long hallway, to my boss's office etc. When the door is shut it knocks to be let in.

Just today I heard something tap my desk and tap the papers on my desk like someone was standing there with a pen. I knew what it was immediately. I don't think it's harmful, just mischievous, but I find the thing very strange since the building isn't very old and I am not the only one who hears these things so I also know that I am not crazy.

Well, that is my story. Does anyone have any idea what it is or what it might be? Why it stays in the general area of the ladies room and the back office that got added on?

Thank you.

Other hauntings by isis80

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, isis80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miche101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
has anyone tried to take pictures of the office/hallway areas right after you hear the noises? Or tried to record any sounds? Maybe who ever is making these noises (to get your attn, letting you know he/she is present) will show up... You never know... Maybe the image is of a person you may find in your town's records or maybe he/she may give you his/her name to identify him/herself...
If all else fails use holy water & get 'flower water'...was told they don't like the scented water... Make sure there are no 'welcome' signs in your work area... That invites them in (as I was told).
Good luck. 😊
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Hello and thank you for commenting. I don't know much about the history of the land this building was made on, but I will look into it -- it may reveal something.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Hello and thanks for sharing your story! The fact that multiple people have witnessed this definitely states that something is going on there. It sounds like you guys have a poltergeist on your hands, since it's just been noise and movement. I think it's possible that it may be attached to the land, and that the renovations stirred it up.
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Do you know if there were any other buildings on that site prior to 1999? Any significant stories related to that area?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: