You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Paranormal?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Paranormal?

 

Lately I have been having some weird things happen to me while I have been trying to sleep. I don't know if its sleep paralysis (I'm starting to think it is) or something paranormal. It doesn't happen very often but it happens at least three times a month. I'm not on any medication, I'm eating regularly, and I'm sleeping normal, nothing strange. But sometimes I'll hear a strange buzzing, screeching noise sort of like a radio that's lost its signal (it's indescribable). As I hear that I start to become really heavy almost paralyzed, like something is holding me down. I try to scream or move but I cant, I know I can but I can't do it (it feels like someone or something is sucking the energy out of me). Most of the time I hear voices in the background I hear screaming people (as if they're being tortured or something) then I can hear a little child screaming something like "mommy mommy" it's very eerie and it echoes. But every time it's something different.

I had my last experience just an hour ago it sounded like someone was saying "Ericka" I can't tell if it was an adult female or a child. Sometimes when I wake up I find scratches on my body (my arms, legs, chest, and my lower stomach) and the scratches are under my clothes, how would anyone be able to do that? Nothing could have been scratching me, I don't have ANY sharp objects near my bed, and my bed couldn't scratch me (it's an air mattress). I see some things when that happens but not that often, usually its like I'm laying on the floor and the background is reddish black and there's something falling from the sky like ashes or something from fire, and there's these little demons that run around really fast back and forth with feet that are red, bony, and webbed with claws (I can only see from the waist down) could this be a vision of hell? That's what I started to think but I don't know.

Please help me, I'm scared and I don't know what to do

Other hauntings by DepressedCupcake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DepressedCupcake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

daglelie (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Dear Depressed Cupcake. If you will take time and search the internet for demons that scratches ones legs you will see there are many many people suffering like you do. Please invite Jesus Christ in your life and attend a church where biblical truth is taught like a pentecostal church and ask the pastor to pray for you. It is tormenting evil demons that attacks you. When you hear that buzzing noice start praying immediately "Lord Jesus I bring into captivity every thought of mine to the obedience of Christ." Read about it in 2 Corinthians1O:5. They are mind control and mind binding spirits. Their names are Menos, Mercardioni, Oberion, Megra, Trance, Artysee, Artize, Artyza, Juvart, Karathon, Louver, Verondo, Veronu, Voodoo, Oratory, Blackwell, Servillas, Rapunzoe, Repnuzal, Megnosis and Detimus and so forth. They causes mind oppression - El Coreano and Appollyon.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
elner? Just to clear up some things for you on this page. If you were to look up Sleep Paralysis, you would be able to read that some of the symptoms OF SP are auditory "hallucinations", visual hallucinations, sensory issues. Many persons who have to deal with SP hear their family members calling out their name, and some DO hear what sounds like demonic screaming. It is all part of the package, and the information abounds here on the Net.
Wa-do.

Please excuse the interruption to your page, DepressedCupcake.
Wa-do.
elner (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Oh and really the radio sound... White noise the light much?
elner (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
I almost believed you but really demons. Child screaming tortured voices what the hell make some real stories plsssss 🤔 🤔
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Cupcake,if these episodes are getting you that depressed, then you need to get a medical opinion first, mean time google up sleep paralysis and see if you can relate to any of the symptoms, I strongly advise you not to convince yourself this is some sort of demon attack, the power of the mind is a almighty weapon and if you consciously believe you are being attack by a demon, then subconsciously you will react as if you are, there are ways to overcome sp a man recently on this site has had some success, but first things first, good luck.
Aussie
DemonSeeker (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
this is driving me mad... I keep finding all these sp related stories that are similar to mine but then go off the deep end... Why won't this thing let me post so I can get some answers
Lucy7 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
If it helps, I used to suffer from SP in my younger years. It was very disturbing because although aware of my surroundings, my parents, and their convesations, I could hear other noises and conversations that were not real or of the real world, such as cats fighting under my bed. To be fair, I was told by a couple of psychics that there were paranormal influences involved. I never got into details with these psychics (I don't like that too much because of my religious beliefs) yet they would tell me exactly what I experienced. In time, with prayer and a few recommendations from said psychics, my experiences became lesser and farther appart, until they eventually disappared. Thank God! Perhaps you may want to consider consulting a spiritualist.

Lucy
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I really don't think there is enough info to say it's this or that. SP usually has a white noise effect associated with it so everything you are hearing could actually point more to SP as for the scratches well the air mat could be irritating your skin causing you to scratch all the areas you mentioned are easily reached next time you notice them check if you could easily mimic them. If they are unreachable make sure none of the plastic seems on the bed could cause them then worry more about paranormal possibilities. As for the strange dreams well when you are thinking about these things possibly being demons it's not to hard to imagine you are causing your self to dream about demons.
SP is often caused because you sense some sort of threat which causes you to be come conscious your body does a scan to see if it can confirm the threat. When it comes back with nothing it does not finish waking you up. So SP could be a result of any passing spirit that you take note of your body can't detect it physically causing the scientific explanation for SP. However it could also be as simple as an electric device turning a change in the biometric pressure any change that might startle you in any way. When you are not fully wake your mind will be completely in charge of what you perceive as really so any fleeting thought of this being a demonic attack can make that a reality until you are fully awake try to keep any thoughts of that out of mind try to think of it as purely a mental disorder and think of being lock in an asylum if that's what the attacks becomes you will know that that is in fact all it is and can probably be fixed easily.
Thank You for sharing your story and good luck.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I think I'm going to have to agree with IntriguedSceptic on this one. It may be best to rule out medical problems before assuming it's anything else. There are medical conditions that are not even mental problems which can cause hallucinations, audial and visual. Were the scratches you had deep enough to have bled, or did they go away after a little while?
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Sleep paralysis is a demonic attack. Those sounds you hear before you are paralyzed, do they come in a pattern of 3s? These scratches you have, are they also 3 scratches, like a claw? Do all of these happen around midnight? What are your religious beliefs if you have any?
Christ's name is best used to combat these beings, pray and use it well.
Email me if you want for more help.
God Bless
Byroneck2004 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Your Definitely not alone. I have suffered from these type of " DREAMS " many of times. First try to think of what you were doing right before you went to bed. Second what did you eat " Was it spicy " I'm just wondering I'm trying to narrow this down for me to. Third are you a Christian or believe in a higher being. Please email me. I tried to post my story but its not accepting any at this time.
petitegazelle (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
lol at sceptical acting as if they actually have a phd in psychology and feeling superior to the others giving advice and stuff... Just because some things scare you doesn't mean you have to automatically try and explain it rationally if there are no explanations, there are no explanations. So called scientists could not even clone a sheep without keeping it alive for more than 6 years when you know the average sheep lives at least 12 years LOL ah poor people!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
actually, an air mattress is known for the scratching you have mentioned. You'd be surprised by how much we move in our sleep. Your shirt or pants leg moving enough to expose skin that such a mattress can scratch. Just a thought.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Honestly buddy.

Make an appointment with a therapist. I get it said to me that too many people brush these things aside as having a rational explanation and that it "most certainly definitely IS" paranormal and "you must beware". By all means be cautious but I think it's best to tackle it with something that CAN be explained i.e. The mind.

I'm being serious, your first concern should be your mental health (I'm not insinuating you are crazy but "from little acorns" and all that).

Anyways, good luck <thumbs up>

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: