You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Moving Objects

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Objects

 

my name is rob, I have had many paranormal things happen to me as a child I'm now 30 and nothing go's on anymore but back when I was around 9 things started. I must add my mum was very into spiritual stuff, mediums and things.

The first things to start were little things like tapping on doors and tables, by the time I was 11 I had became a little scared of these things but thought maybe the ghost were there looking after me because I was having a bad time with my mum she wasn't coping with us kids to well not her fault. She had postnatal depression and there was 5 kids to look after.

When I would make tea for my dad I would go to get the milk from the fridge opposite work top and the spoon would tap three times. Then other times I would take tea to dad go straight back in kitchen and all four cooker hobs would be on full, everyone was in living room. Strangely when mum left the ghosts started doing more things like switching on lights turning on taps etc.

One morning as I was getting ready for school I walked into kitchen and all dishes in sink moved and a tin opener flew of the side. I shut the door and said if anyone is here please knock after me. I knocked on table and it knocked three times on table very clearly, I was a little freaked. I was now a bit scared to go bathroom late if everyone else was asleep.

One night my dad was up decorating the hallway I went to bed and woke up a bit later needing to use bathroom I could hear my dad very loudly in the hall walking up and down stairs as I could see hall way lights from under door and music all noise was very clear so I opened bedroom door as soon as I did everything was quite and dark. I turned on all lights checked dads room he was fast asleep. Since then I heard my name called many times most times it sounded like my mums voice she is still alive so that's a bit strange. I would also have someone pulling on shoulder at night etc. Everything has now pretty much stopped since I was about 17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jimmy1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jimmy1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
i think maybe they were trying to confuse me or just mess with my head. Who knows, I don't think I will ever know for sure.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Reading this I must say I agree, it was mostlikely links to your mother's interests. But you shouldn't be scared, they werent trying to hurt you.
jimmy1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
hi dan, I think your right, I believe it was all conected to my mums intrest in the paranormal, sometimes I would read her ghost books she left lieing around she has had many ghost things happern to her to.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Hi Rob something sounded like it wanted to make its presance known. I believe ghosts like to mimic family members voices to mess around with us and get our attention the reason for this I am not sure of but it does seem to happen quite often. I have the feeling that whatever was residing in your home had a connection with your mum.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
yea I would hear my name being called from like a long distance and kind of echo like but it was my dads voice this happened a lot even when he was at work

I think "they" use voices that we know or something
jimmy1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
the voices were very clear, but you could be right I was quite stresed as child
elner (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
some of the parts like voices may be misinterpret-ed maybe you just missed your mother its common for kids back then. But about the tapping VERY FREAKY AND SCARY
jimmy1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
thanks that's an intresting comment because it stoped around the same time I started ignoring it, when I gave up trying to work out what it was doing these things. I'm not sure wether they were good or bad, or why they were doing these things. I'm sure demons can copy peoples voices and image.
Lucy7 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Wow, what a story! Thanks for telling it. When I was younger I used to hear my name a lot too. I sounded like my parents but when I would ask if they had been outside calling me, they would always say "no, not us". It concerned me. I asked a woman who was very religios and spiritual about it. Her advise was to stop answering and it would stop happening. I did just that and eventually, it did stop happening. I know this does not help you much now because you say it has already stopped but if it ever starts again, you may want try ignoring it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: