You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: True Story, Brother And The Dark Man

Real Ghost Stories

True Story, Brother And The Dark Man

 

I was born on the 9th January 1994. My twin died on the 10th February 1994. I now live in a large house in Plymouth. My older sister has had a son. He is 1. I often hear cries late at night, sounds of a baby boy, when I ask my sister about them, she says that the baby slept through the night, I heard the same cries two nights ago, I went to check on the baby and he was sound asleep.

When I returned to bed, my curtains shook for a few seconds, the window was not open. I often hear my metal chair creek in late afternoon; it only makes that sound once you sit on it. I don't know who or what it was, but I can be sure that the sounds of the baby are my twin brother. I spoke to the woman who owned the house a few days ago, she had moved to a smaller house down the street, she said her Grandmother would sit in my now bedroom and sew. She cannot recall a baby though.

The dark man is a figure often seen in our garden. I saw three times a tall dark figure standing in the garden, I was terrified, when I woke my father to go and check, it was still there, by the time we got outside, and turned on the porch lights, it was gone. I have also seen this figure at a hotel in Barrow, A mansion outside of Barrow, now used as a school trip facility.

My house continues to haunt me. The baby cries, the curtains move, the chair creaks. The dining room light will sometimes turn itself on and off, and electricians have said nothing to be wrong with it. The radio will turn on by itself and a computer will come off of sleep mode without no-one being near it. The house is lovely to look at, but inside its walls hold dark stories.

I do not know them, only present events can lead me to believe that me and my family are not the only people in my house. I never leave a light off, exception to the dining room. We close the curtains at night now to avoid seeing the dark figure. Just right now I feel cold, sleep tight...

Other hauntings by BlaneRatcliffe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlaneRatcliffe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MeganRagsdale (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
It is not haunting you. Your special I don't want to freak others out but if you email me I will explain everything! This is to everyone If it is paranormal don't be scared of it the good spirits will be there but then it will leave, Now listen if a spirit is in full body comeing towards you or grabbing you please do not listen to it that is a bad spirit! When you see that tell them they are in jesus house and they need to leave you alone in jesus name amen! I am going to tell you one thing if you see or hear paranormal spirits don't be scared you have a gift. I am so used to it but things can get creepy which scares me but other than that it feels kind of good! If you have any questions email me at meganragsdale3 [at] yahoo.com and on the subject line put question about paranormal actitvity or something. I will try to help you!
BlaneRatcliffe (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Thank you for all the kind posts, but I wish to seek no help in paranormal investigation of my home. Yes it can be frightening and strange however I have learnt that things move on through time. I have only lived there for about 3 years. Though things have been quiet lately, I still sense there presence. And I agree with most of your posts, I do not think they are out to scare me, but watch over me.

Kindest regards, Blane =]
bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
my email is lilj2darescue [at] yahoo.com be sure to email me if you need anything!
bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
wow man the things happening to you seem a lot similar to the things that was hapening to me at my grandparent's house. But hey if you keep in touch I want to come nvestigate your house because from what the psychic told me I am to help spirits move on! But I will not charge you because this is something I want to do! And I will try to gather up a team to come with me!
Shinninglight (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
zzsgranny is right, be nice and don't do anything unless they prove harmful. It's unlikely that the babies cries are your brother but possible. My experience and research makes me think it's more likely that this shadow man is our brother representing as the man he never could be. And acting as a bit of a guardian angel, so to speak. Curtains moving and lights flickering are common "I'm here too!" sort of things. It's likely that it's just other spirit (s) making them, selves known.
Best wishes!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Does the crying baby sound like a new-born, or an older baby?...There is a definate difference in the way a new-born sounds as opposed to an older child... A new-born sounds like a baby lamb... I ask because of the tender age that your brother passed... If it sounds like an older child, then I don't think it's your brother, but another baby... Now then, the shadow person... I don't think there's anything to fear... THIS could be your brother, watching over you... The other activity is probably paranormal, and as long as no one has been harmed, there's nothing to fear there either... I know it's easier said than done, but try to not be afraid... Ask questions, or tell them that they're scaring you and to please not do that!...Just be respectful when you do... Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: