You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Sims's Mountain Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

The Sims's Mountain Ghosts

 

I am not asking for help. I just though this would be an interesting story for all of us that have expereinced things. I live in front a mountain that is named Sims Mountain. The mountain can take you to various towns in West Virginia. I will tell all the experiences I have experienced, or some of the ones I have heard. Starting with the most famous in my town.

Well an old tale that is common with the locals in my town is The Sims Mountain Ghost. The story takes place when West Virginia was still a part of Virginia. There was a widow living in a cabin with her three children. One day the children went to pick berries in the woods. When the children did not return that evening the woman went on a search. For days the widow continued to search for her children. Well one night she came home from searching and went straight to bed. That night her cabin caught on fire and the woman was burned alive. Now the locals say that in the evening you can see the woman now in what are fields, or huge group of firefly's going in the same direction. It is told that it is the spirit of the woman looking for her children.

The story I am about to tell you takes place three years before I was born. One evening my brother, sister, mother, father, and grandmother took a ride around the mountain. When they saw a woman dressed in thin clothing and barefoot walking around. A few feet from where they had seen her, my father stopped and got out of the car to offer this woman a ride. She was nowhere to be seen and there was nowhere to hide. He looked and said that there were no footprints in the light snow that had fallen early that day. He was spooked.

My experience is very different. At the end of every summer break I would have my friends come stay and my father would take us on a night truck ride. We would always leave when we could still see a little. We were in the bed of the truck and joking around when we all got a cold chill. We had looked to see that there were a group of firefly's in the fields. We just laughed and said it was here to snatch one of our new friends who had come along. When we looked again the fireflies were gone and nothing was there.

Later on that night we had seen another spirit on our way home. We had just passed some woods when a bright light with a dark figure had appeared in the place we had just driven over. It scared us and it followed us until we got off the mountain.

My brother and his friend were up fore wheeling one afternoon when they stopped in front of an old cabin that had been there for years. There were no ceilings for floors on the second floor because they had been in there before. My brother's best friend started to head down the path first. While my brother was making sure everything was alright with our ATV his friend had ran back jumped on the back and said leave now. My brother was shocked his friend had never really been scared by something. He had asked him what was wrong. His friend just said that he had seen a young pregnant woman looking from the top window. He had told my brother she looked angry and was yelling but he could not hear what she had said. Then he had seen that her finger was moving as if she was telling him to come into the cabin. My brother went and saw the same thing he had run back to the ATV where his friend stayed he jumped on and they were gone.

He has taken many people back to the cabin including me none of us had ever seen her. We just got an eerie feeling. The funny thing is that my brother's friend has never returned back the cabin. We all now believe that he had triggered the spirit.

All I can say now is that mountain has many lost souls I believe and they all just have unfinished business. It seems to me that they died before there time and will continue to stay there until they have found there peace.

Other hauntings by kec92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kec92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Just I have them all written. If you want give me a way to contact you and Ill send you my stuff.
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Ha thanks for the comments you guys. Next time I write one Ill send you one. I try to make mine as orginal as possible but I am not the best on telling stories.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Jitow: I was thinking the same thing when I logged on... Usually the stories are up starting on mondays... But I can wait if they post good ones! 😆
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Hey, I know that you all here at the site are busy and have a lot to do but can we get some fresh stories on here. Send me a few and I will screen them for you. There has been a really good run on interesting stories here lately. I have the current ones memorized. Have at me now. I said I knew that you were busy and stated that we all knew that you had full time jobs. We appreciate all you do and like I said let us help screen some stories.
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
If you see a version of someone living it is called a dogganngeror something I really can not spell it just pronoune it. It could have been I believe some spirits can make themselves grow. I just read a story where a woman lost her baby. She kept seeing this little girl she beleived her daughter was growing while being deceased.
Paintballer (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
but it might have been one of my cats cause I think one of the died the year after I moved from colorado. I might have been one of them saying hi or somthing, only they had gotton bigger
Paintballer (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
only the first and only sighting of the thing was when I was in third grade and he was living
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Yeah I would do that and maybe your dad ws checking on you. If you want to hear voices I use a tape recording of some sorts. I use my cell phone recording when I really feel as if I can get something.
Paintballer (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
so I should leave a camera in the woods and record it? Also, I was able to talk to my dad be cause I miss him a lot and he had recently died, is there anyway to talk to him?
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Darkness No I don't have the history I tried looking up the old records of the mountain but they really do not know much of when this state was still apart of Virginia.
Paintballer I would try just a regluar recorder first or ask it to move things for you. Inless you really know how to do it and still it really has bad chances of opening things up. My friend let a demon into her house using one. It was a terrible thing and we all have seen it. I once woke up with huge scratches. She also had a crazy dummy (the puppets) and we came into her room one night to find it sitting on her bed.

Whitehorsesxx Yeah I have a lot more stories I am just waiting for the sumbit your stories to be back open. My town has a lot of history it use to be the worlds largest lumber company. Even before than it had a lot of tragedys. My next one will be at a old school where I worked at a haunted house and learned never to tease spirits.
Thank you all for you comments
Paintballer (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
what are the consiquences if I use a oujae bord. Is there anyway of contacting a certain spirit?
whitehorsesxx (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
do you have anymore stories like this? They are facinating. Thankyouu,

Ames 😳
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Hi kec92 wow sounds like a lot of history and death has happened on this mountain no wonder there is so much activity reported. When you described the woman motioning for your brother to come in the house I was a bit put off I think that would have been rather creepy to witness do you know the history of that house?

Thank you for sharing

Dan
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Yeah you can get some help. I be careful for I hace ran into many good spirits but countless spirits that are just there for whatever they can get it. Do not try oujae board or seance that will make things worse. It could be the spritrt of a lost dog that had died in the woods.
Paintballer (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
sorry that this unrealayted, and just because I'm 14. Dosnt meen I'm lieing. Ok, so when I was in third grade me and my friends whent to the woods at the end of my street every day. We built countless forts. But, when we were leaving, I saw somthing leap behinde a tree. Do, when I looked to investagate, nothin. But, I hopped across the stream I turned a round and somthing black, the size of a dog hopped into thre stream and yet, no splash and no ripples, any help
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Ha that is so cool that your last name our music teachers last name is Sims. Thats cool and thanks for the comment.
CaitieBaby94 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
wow that's so cool, I just had to say that my last name is Sims and I just had to read this when I say my name haha. Maybe your brother friend should go with you next time, might trigger her again?
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Hey thanks for all the comments everybody. Ashi if you love all haunted old towns wait intill my next postings. I live in a town where it use to be the worlds largest lumber company so there were a lot of accendents. Theres a lot of creepy things that goes on in a few of my friends house included mine I will be posting them all soon.
ashi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Very interesting and a little creepy at the same time 😊 I love reading old tales of towns or areas that are said to be haunted, and of coarse your own experiences sound remarkable...
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Oh yeah I know. I do not have seances anymore I feel if you do that you may come in contact with something you do not want. I swear our last ride up there she tried to grab my friend.
Ashes (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
I would advise you to be careful what you do... Be it any form of ritual to come into contact with a spirit. Instead of finding a harmless woman looking for her children, you very well may find a more angry spirit bent on causing you and your loved ones harm. As you mentioned yourself, "that mountain has many lost souls I believe and they all just have unfinished business."

Practice caution, hun and may the Lord watch over you always. ❤
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Thank you. Also I already have ran into a few times once when I did seances when seen a white figure after I let go because we had heard ran coming but it never came. Keep a look out for my other stories, the next one is about a little girl in an abandod school in my town.
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Wow this is a story the ending is beautiful how you said All I can say now is that mountain has many lost souls I believe and they all just have unfinished business. It seems to me that they died before there time and will continue to stay there until they have found there peace. That's a lovely story and be aware because you may run into that lady one day

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: