You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandparents' Visits... A Blessing In Disguise?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandparents' Visits... A Blessing In Disguise?

 

My story begins 6 years ago, when I was 14. My story is compromised of 3 short ones, all taking place in Wisconsin at ages 14, 15, and 17.

My first paranormal experience was at age 14 while playing with the Ouija board at a friend's house. Her mother (Jane) and her mother's friend (Mary) (who is a traveling psychic medium... Trust me, I was skeptical too) joined us. Mary asked the board if it wanted to talk to anyone...yes. Who?...Claire. Mary asked who it was, and my mom's maiden name was spelled. I am half Japanese so the spelling was only known to one person at the board; me. The board then spelled my mom's name (also a traditional Japanese name). Mary asked when this individual had passed, and it said 2003. Mary asked if there was anything this individual wanted to say, and it spelled my mom's name again, and the word "miss." Shaken up, I called my mother, who was in California visiting family. She seemed surprised and shaken up as well... It was the one year anniversary of my grandpa's death. My father, a devoted Catholic was irate and told me not to "play" with an Ouija board again.

I've also had 2 other visits from my deceased grandmas. One was short but sweet. My mom's mother (known to us as "kaasan"...Japanese for mother, because we had heard our own mom say it) came in and tucked me in as I began to slumber off. She and my dad's mother (known to us as Grammy) visited me on the eve of Grammy's funeral. They just came and stood over me, and I could feel them watching so I hid under a blanket. It was so vivid that it shook me up to the point of crawling into my cousin's bed, turning on the tv, and laying awake until the actual funeral. I told my family members the next day, even though most don't believe in the paranormal. However, my aunt, assured me it was a gift; a blessing. I felt relieved, but thinking about these instances to this day sends chills down my spine.

My only question is... Why me? Will it happen when my other grandpa passes? I'm not sure how I feel about it all... It still frightens me and yet I'm still skeptical about it

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, claireakb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

claireakb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Thanks so much for the support! Being a full time college student makes it hard to keep up with everything, and I JUST came back on this site for the first time since I posted.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
I absolutely agree with granny, it is a blessing, she's letting you know she is with you, I understand how it can frighten you, but it is the unknown that frighten 's us more not dear granny.😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
It's hard to say if it will happen with your other grandpa... Being a Granny myself, I know that I would do everything I could to make sure everyone knows that I'm ok, including my grand-babies!...And I would want to reassure them, so to lessen the grief... I think you were blessed! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: