You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Friend George

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend George

 

When I was 12, my mother met a new man and soon married. We moved from the run down terraced house we lived in, and moved into a better area, a little cul-de-sac that was larger than we had lived in before. From the first time I stepped in that house, I never felt lonely. Even though when I was young and my mother worked a lot and my step-father was away from home during the week. I have two biological little brothers and during the week they'd go to my grandparent's house after school but I was deemed old enough to stay at home by myself.

At first it was just footsteps in the rooms upstairs, and glimpses of a man out of the corner of my eye, always leaning on the doorway and looking at me. He looked elderly to me. Soon, my relationship with my mother and step-father broke down and I spent a lot of time in my room either on the computer or reading. I started having nightmares about my real father who was not a nice man, and I secluded even further into myself.

The footsteps and glimpses carried on, even when my step-father was home.

One night my step-father, who's a military man and very hard to intimidate, went white and started shaking for no reason. He said he felt ill but kept glancing at the ceiling where the footsteps were, upstairs in my bedroom. It carried on like that until one night I had a particularly bad dream and I woke up calling out for my mother. I felt a soft brushing, like fingers, on my cheek and heard "Sh, Sh, No more crying," in ear and instantly I felt better. I felt small touches on my cheeks, which I know are now called 'Butterfly Kisses', from time to time when I was on my own and feeling down, or stressed out.

My cousin slept over one night in my bedroom and after watching some comedies, we went to sleep. I woke up to her shaking me and pushing me over so she could get in bed next to me. She said I'd been crying in my sleep so she'd turned around to see if I was okay, but there was a black mass leant over me and touching my cheek. It'd scared me but I felt comforted by it.

I named him George but I have no idea if that's his real name. It just felt right to call him something.

I don't live there anymore as I live with my fiancΓ©e, but I still think about George and occasionally feel Butterfly Kisses on my cheek when I have a bad dream.

Other hauntings by AliceLeftWonderland

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AliceLeftWonderland, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blaze13 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
In my personal opinion I think that maybe "George" was a man who might have lived there before your family bought and lived in the house, and maybe he might just feels the need to comfort and protect you. It could possibly be that "George" acts as a fatherly figure to you because he might feel bad that you are not with your biological father. (Not saying that your step-father is not a good person/role model towards you).
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
How very interesting. Thank you, Alice.
When dealing with emotions, or senses, depending on who is doing the explaining, sometimes "comfort" comes across as a feminine characteristic (just like sometimes "protection" comes across as purely male).
I have no idea what your views and thoughts are on Angels, but I do believe I read somewhere that True Angels are neither male nor female. They carry both characteristics, but do not possess the classification of the sexes, due to the fact that there is no need for them to procreate. But, for some reason, they seem to show themselves mainly, if not exclusively AS males.
That is a little off track on your experience here, I just thought it was rather interesting. Made me wonder what George was really like.
Wa-do.
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
[at] WhiteBuffalo: The man I saw wasn't terribly old, but had whiteish hair from what I remember, and was wearing like a cardi and slacks. He had a little bit of facial hair, as if he hadn't shaved.

Thank you so much, guys, for your comments. They're really insightful.

- Alice xox
XxbubblegumXx (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
hmmm...i thought it was like a gaurdian angel or something that was caring for you.! Maybe it is... πŸ˜• 😊
RanDolf (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
believe in yourself, don't ask other's (mediums) and give them your power.
George-Phan (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Good Story Lol I Freaked Out When I Saw My Name 😲 Hmm He Cold Be Friendly
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Could be simply a human spirit that is attracted to you. I have one that is attracted to me as well, she follows me everywhere. Really nice girl.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
You know what, though? George does not have to be someone you are related to, someone who died there, someone who you know. To tell you the truth, while reading through this, I did not feel a ghost at all. What I DID feel was someone (more female than male) who was simply a comforter.
You were crying in your sleep, and (s) he stroked your cheek, MUCH like a concerned Mother (Father), or a genteel Grandmother (Grandfather) would do.
From the time you first moved in, you never felt lonely.
The elderly man that you saw. Would you mind terribly describing him a bit clearer?
Wa-do.
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
I do wonder who George is, now that you say no one in your fam has passed away. That was a very interesting story. I love your username! 😁
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
He's a science and "if I can see it, touch it, smell it, taste it and feel it" sort of man.
It's not his fault, I think.
I just think he's scared of it.

I do have a couple, I guess. Not many though.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Sorry I forgot to mention that about your stepfather, I had a feeling he was a non believer, thanks again for your story, hope you have some more. 😁
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Thank you for your comment, Aussie, and I tried to get my stepfather to think hard and see if he knew anything about it, but he clammed up.
He doesn't believe in Ghosts.

And it's nice to know that people on the otherside still love and care for us.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Hello AliceleftWonderland, I like your account name, it makes sense. I think george may have something to do with your stepfather, the fact that he was shaking in some sort of trance, may suggest that george was interrupting him for a reason? Interesting about the butterfly kisses my niece who only 12 years old when she died in a car accident, I felt her one night give me a kiss on the cheek.

Whitebuffalo,before I even read your comment the name of that story when I get around to writing it is (a kiss from a little angel) there's a comforting coincident about this story... Thank you for sharing it, also my brother, uncle and grandfather first name is george.
One other thing my wifes nick name is alice, we often joke about wonderland.

Aussie
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
That sent shivers down my neck, lol.
I'm glad he chose me to come through to, and I always spoke to him in my room.
I said good morning when I woke up, Hello when I got in, Goodbye when I went out & Good night when I went to be.

- Alice
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
You know what ELSE they call "Butterfly Kisses"?
Angel Kisses.
The reason being, in the Spiritual realm, at times when someone wants to make itself known by physically touching the living, it comes across as a soft touch. Very similar to the drumming of the fingers at various speeds (depending on the person it happens to) very lightly, so as not to make any noise, on a surface.
At least, that is what I have been taught.
Wa-do.
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Oh, in hindsight, I'd like comments on what you think the connection between me and 'George' might be.
Mainly as it's usually family members who've passed that give Butterfly Kisses, and no one from my family had passed at that point.

~ Alice

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: