You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Behind the Curtain

Real Ghost Stories

Behind the Curtain

 

At an age of around 6, my brother and I used to make a pallet on the floor in a room that was air-conditioned anytime we couldn't stand the heat. Every time that I slept in this room, I would have recurring nightmares of something standing behind one of the rooms large curtains looking down at me. It was long enough ago that I couldn't begin to tell you what it looked like other than it was human in appearance and that it would scare me awake. Each time being woke by the nightmare, I would find myself unable to move.

One such night, I was awoke by my brother's cries from this same nightmare. When I finally got up I found that my mother was comforting him as he was vomiting in the bathroom stool due to some illness. I was told to go back to bed and as I laid back down I saw, behind the curtain, the figure from my dream point at me and say without speaking "You're mine". Immediately both sides of my pallet flew up around me. Scared half to death I screamed "NO" and hit the sides of my pallet with my fist until the unseen force holding it gave way. When I looked back to the curtain the figure was gone.

I'm not sure at which age I learned of demons, demonic spirits, good and evil but to this day the closest thing I could compare the figure and the feeling of doom to would be of something demonic. Not just in its appearance, but in what I know now to be that feeling of evil. For the longest time, I have put if off as all just a bad dream until recently, my brother was telling me of sleeping in this room, waking and being unable to move.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chosen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AkuRoku (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Wow, that's really scary, one time I saw this dark figure near the curtains when I was having sleep paralysis. It wasn't a human figure but like a beast which was even scarier but fortunately it was looking down and not saying anything, just quiet. These visits have stopped and I'm really happy and stopped having the feeling that someone was watching me. I have a question for people here um... My sister was painting a a portrait of me when I was around 2 or 4 years old (14 now). It's not finished yet and she hasn't painted the eyes, not sure but she always leaves it uncovered in my room. Now she has started covering it and now I don't feel weird anymore. Is it because of the painting or something else that I was having night terrors? Oh when it happened to me I would pray so pray Ok:) It takes awhile but it works
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Chosen,

Your story sounds scary, dreams really do come true. I advise you cleanse your house before something even worse happens.

Thank you for sharing your story, if you have more experiences, please post it, if you don't mind. God bless you, deus vobiscum and God bless.

Sincerely,

Francois
khd (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
😨hey chosen that was really good I liked it a lot ❤it was really good

love, khd [ 😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
hi that sounds evil and scary. I have never experience something scary like that. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😐
HollowWhispers (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-07)
Having recurring dreams of the same type or in the same room of a house is a really terrifying thing.

When I was younger, I used to have the feeling that there was something watching me while I slept in my room (in Minnesota) with my twin brother. I used to get so creeped by that feeling that I would move to my mother's room in the middle of the night and sleep on her floor next to her bed, which wasn't a good idea.

Every time I slept in that room, regardless of whether or not someone was there with me, I would have horrible nightmares that would scare me awake.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: