You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unwelcomed Guest

Real Ghost Stories

Unwelcomed Guest

 

In the Winter of 2001, My husband, daughter and I had moved to Virginia. We had rented an apartment for a few months while our house was finished being built. However there was a problem with the land in which we were told that they couldn't break through the ground due to some turtles and told us that they had to wait until the turtles moved to a different location. The turtles were endangered and nobody was allowed to mess with them. Wondering how long it would take for the turtles to move off the land we decided to purchase a house instead. The building company wasn't really doing their job anyway, which we were very unhappy with the fact that they kept changing their prices. That was just a very bad experience with them in general.

We discussed the possibilities of us closing the contract and stop the building. The builder told us, well you all slipped through the cracks. So everything was said and done, we hired a Realtor. Her name was Gina. She was a very nice lady and showed us around many house. They were all very nice but one in general stood out more than the others. It was a newer house, about a year old. It was a two level house, 5 bedrooms and 2 full baths and a huge deck! I wanted the extra space for guest, computer room and weight room. We moved in a few weeks later. Things seemed to be going well, nothing out of the ordinary. Until about a two months down the road weird things started to happen In the house. Of course, I put them off as really nothing.

One night my husband and I were up watching Television when we heard these noises coming from upstairs. It sounded as if someone was in the weight room lifting weights, you could hear the weights clinging against each-other. We were very familiar with that noise and my husband asked me if I heard what he was hearing? I asked him, the weights? We sat there listening for a bit longer and the noises stopped. Later that night I went to bed, my husband stayed up a bit longer. The next morning my husband begins telling me that he saw something he wasn't sure about. Rob said, he turned out the lights, climbed into bed and laid there for a few when he heard voices coming from the room we were in. He rolled over and looked in the corner of the room to see two men standing in the room talking. He said, later he was able to understand what they were saying. He said, they were talking about how they died and they kept looking at him as they could see him but never actually said anything to him. He told me, he felt like he was going crazy and couldn't believe what he was hearing or what he saw. I asked him, why didn't you wake me up? He said, I don't know.

A few days later all that was behind us, we didn't think about it anymore. I would say, about another month or so later. It was morning and my daughter had woken and I started making her breakfast, I turned on cartoons and proceeded upstairs to the kitchen, I whipped up some eggs and sausage with some toast. I came back downstairs to the rec room to find Alyssa standing in front of the TV, not paying attention to anything. I placed her food on the table and went back up stairs to get her a glass of milk. When I came back down stairs and turned the corner, I noticed her plate spinning on the table as if someone set it down quickly. I looked at Alyssa and thought, that was weird. Her eggs, toast and sausage was laying across the other side of the table on the floor and she was still standing in front of the table with her back facing the table.

I thought there is no way a 2 year old can toss her food across the table to the floor, put the plate back down and run around the table again and stand in front of the table without me seeing her run. She's fast, but not that fast. I picked everything up and at that moment, the alarms upstairs started sounding. I thought, I must of left the stove on and ran upstairs, when I got to the top of the stairs they shut off, and the downstairs started going off. I turned around ran downstairs and once I got downstairs, they shut off as well. That wasn't possible - The carbon detector and alarms are all backed up with electricity and they are also equipped with batteries, I changed the batteries a few days before. I called someone out, just in case I had a gas leak and the guy said that there wasn't a gas leak and the other alarms going off? He had no clue about that. He asked me if I lost electricity at all, I told him no. He gave me his card and told me if it happens again to call.

It was quiet for a few weeks, Then one day, I heard my daughter in her room talking to someone. I went to investigate and found her standing in her closet with her hands over her eyes saying "Please don't scare me" I pulled her out of her closet and asked her who she was talking to? She said, she didn't know. She carried on as normal. Then one day, that's when I knew for sure, we had a problem.

I was alone at home doing laundry. Rob called and said he was going to be late that night. I went a head and put Alyssa down for the night, I went to get some laundry from the dryer when I came walking back through. Something caught my eye as I was walking past, I stopped and looked inside her room to see a figure sitting on the foot of her bed. I could see it was a woman, in a long dress. I dropped my laundry basket and quietly walked to where her door was and hid beside the wall and flipped on her light to see, the woman was gone. It was that fast, as the light went on she just disappeared.

I grabbed Alyssa from her bed and carried her into the other room and put her on the couch and called Rob. He didn't know what to make out of the situation. I really didn't believe she was actually going to hurt Alyssa. She just sat there, looking down. She didn't even move or anything. It was like she was a statue. She also had very good posture, she sat up straight, her hands resting neatly in her lap, she had this long dress on, it buttoned up the front and had a high collar, maybe white or beige in color. A big droopy hat and boots that appeared to go up to her knee's? When I turned on the light and looked where she was sitting, you could see an imprint of a person's bottom. As if someone's weight, weighing down on the blanket. It all happened so fast! A few days later it was at the point where Alyssa refused to play and sleep in her room. We moved out of that house a month later I believe.

That was very scary to me because it seemed to pay more attention to Alyssa, some of the things were happening with her in the room. I felt, what ever it was - was trying to get her into trouble and maybe the woman was simply watching out for Alyssa while she slept. I never got the impression she was bad, but a strange woman sitting on your child's bed? Anyone would freak out! I always believed that, some of these people, may of been just passing by. Spotsylvania is famous for the Civil War and I thought, the Men maybe was in the war. The woman in the dress must of been from that time era as well. So I always thought the land had something to do with everything happening.

Other hauntings by WikkedOne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WikkedOne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-21)
Hi WikkedOne I believe that they were attracted to your child because children are prone to be more sensitive then most adults there minds are not influenced by other factors that we all experience growing up. I first thought this was a residual haunting but in the end I think the presence just wanted to be noticed and was looking for attention. As previous posters have mentioned the lands history would have a great deal to do with these occurences.

Thank you

Dan
WikkedOne (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
It is freaky. But, as many of other's story's on here that I read, many of them are assaulted and I am happy that we never were! The woman just appeared to be harmless, but I didn't want to give her a chance to do something if she would of had that thought in her head. You know. I still remember her and often wonder who she was. What was her purpose? She was just very attractive. I have never seen someone, such as her. She was perfect and I have never seen anyone sit so perfect in my life. That is when I felt she was harmless.
lilani2x (3 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
OMG I FRAKED OUT AT THIS AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT WAS SCARIER AFTER I READ THIS STORY OUT 2 MY SISTER I HEARD FOOTSTEPS OR SOMETHING UPSTAIRS ME AND MY SISTER SCRREAMED IM REALLY SCARED. ❤ 😆 😲
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Very interesting story, and thank you for sharing it with us. I am also going to agree and say that the history of the land is most likely the cause of the haunting. I can totally understand you moving out so soon, seeing a woman from another time sitting on your child's bed is more than enough reason. That is very weird how the people you got into an accident with were the ones who bought your house. If you still keep in touch with them, maybe you can ask if they have experienced anything in the house.
Take Care 😊 ❤
WikkedOne (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
No, the house sat for about a year and a half. What's weird about the whole sale of the house is. I was in a car accident with a friend, the people that hit us, was the people that bought the house a year and a half later.

I told Gina about the odd occurrences in the house and she did put it in the paperwork, but they seemed to not care, they didn't believe in that sorta stuff. Last I checked, they were still living there!
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Wow, Your story is very interesting. I believe the land had something to do with it also because it was a relatively new construction. I am like hobbyholly did you disclose anything to the new owners?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Being a new home owner I know what a pain builders/contractors can be. Purchasing a home is scary enough.

How lucky you were to leave the home so quickly. Were you able to sell it quickly? Did you disclose anything to the new homeowners?

You may be on to something with the whole civil war thing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: