You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Friends Mother Didn't Like Me Too Much

Real Ghost Stories

Friends Mother Didn't Like Me Too Much

 

This happen back in I believe 96. I had a friend named Beth. We met through another friend and we become fast friends. She was very nice and also very religious. One day, she and another friend Chrissy had come over to my house. Beth had told me that her dad was away and that she didn't want to stay home by herself and asked if I wanted to spend the night at her house and Chrissy said that she was as well. It would be a girls night! I had never been inside her house before so, I wasn't aware of what type of night I was going to have. We arrived at her house around 5:00 or so and we hung out talking and later started playing video games. Beth later that night, got tired and pulled an air mattress into the sitting room and went to sleep. Chrissy and I stayed up. She and I were both sitting in a recliner together, how we both fitted, I have no idea! It was around 3:00 in the morning. Chrissy and I was still up playing video games and something caught our attention. First it was running water in the back room. We listened, and later it turned off and then sounded as if someone walking down the hall way with wet feet. Chrissy and I sat there listening for a few when all of a sudden we heard a woman calling out - Beth! Beth! Beth! I went into the room to wake Beth up and told her what we were hearing. She then told me that it's her mother waking her up for school. She always does that. I said, your mother? She said, yeah! I said, I didn't know your mother was here. She said, technically, she isn't she died several years ago from cancer. She said, just ignore her.

Chrissy and I went back and sat in the recliner, all of a sudden this woman from no where rushes me! She's nose to nose with me! She also looks VERY angry! Chrissy and I scream and toss the controllers to the floor and jolt out of the house. We sat in the middle of the sidewalk gathering our thoughts and Beth comes out of the house and sits next to us. She then starts explaining the situation. She said, that her mother use to wake her up every morning by calling out to her as we heard. She said, what you heard is an every morning ordeal! They just deal with it. She said, that after her mom passed, her and her dad never cooked - they survive off TV dinners.

The house is the way she left it. She explained that she never thought she'd do that. I told Beth, I wasn't going back into that house again. That for some reason her mother didn't like me at all. She looked as if she really wanted to hurt me. She looked seriously upset that we were there or I was there. I have never experienced something in my face like that. She asked me what she did looked like, I told her, brown hair, brown eyes. She said, that sounds like my mom. After that, I went home and never went back to the house. Only because of the reason she may of tried something else if I returned. I asked Beth, why don't they do something for her? She said, it's not me. It's my dad.

A short while later, Beth and I lost contact. I haven't heard from her again!

Other hauntings by WikkedOne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WikkedOne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Wikked one, I love your story a lot! But what do you mean "She had a little one"? 😕

~~Eclipse2000 ❤ ❤
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
I've had a few spirits rush at me or get right in my face. It can be quite unsettling and scary. I can understand why you don't want to go back there.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Lotus, if you're referring to me, you can talk about me by name. I'm not afraid to be called out. 😆 And I also hope that you read the last comment I posted on that thread where you mentioned I didn't pay attention to what anyone else but you said. If not, you might want to read that, because I specifically stated that I had respect for you and valued your presence here, hence why I was going out of my way to be particularly respectful to you. If you want to leave after that, it's entirely your choice.

If not, then just disregard this message! 😊

Anyway, to the author: Wikked, I agree with most of the comments and opinions stated here. It really could have been anything but I don't see why she would NOT like you, other than the fact that she may have been upset because she couldn't move on due to her grieving husband. That would have startled me though!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-21)
WikkedOne I'm sure that would have been rather frightning. It is kind of sad though that Beth's mum has not moved on I hope her father has decided to finally let her cross over. I do believe she was confused with who you where and that you where a stranger in her house, did your other friend see her aswell?

Thank you for sharing

Dan
WikkedOne (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
Really, I don't ever want to run into her again. She scared the life right out of me!

I don't know what ever happen to Beth. Last I heard she had a little one.
OMGITIS (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
This Story Is Scary. But Happy That Beth Knows That Her Mother Is There For Her ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Hello again, Wow that must have been pretty frightening 😨 I agree with granny and believe that Beth's mother misunderstood why you were there. That is really sad how this woman still called to her daughter in the mornings to wake her up. I hope Beth and her father have found a way to let her know she can be at peace. Maybe some day you will run into her again. Thanks for sharing 😊
KirstyLouise (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
hahaha!
Bless herr, her mum still gets her up.
Beth's mum cares about her as you can see.
She probally looked angry because you had never been in that house before.

:)
Seems like a sweet story though,
I wonder what happened to your friend Beth

Kirsty,
xoxoxoxox
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
I think it's kind of cute that her mamma still gets her up. It proves how us as mothers grow into such routine. Get in a groove that even after we pass we still naturally do what we needed to do every day in life. BUT> & I have grown wary of stating my opinions & advice on this site because there is a certain someone who constantly questions what I state, even if someone else says the same thing. So I'm going to try to say this carefully & if she happens to taint me I don't think I will come to this site any more & it makes me sad because there are a couple of you here I really like a lot & have such a place in my heart for, those of you know who you are! LOL! With that said (& I'm sorry Wikkedone, sweety this took long!) But maybe it wasn't her mom? You know? Like did you really feel threatened & uncomfortable? Also death is such a hard thing for us, I know that at times I feel abandoned & left behind in a way. But it's normal to grieve & as a Christian (not a Christian in the common sense) but as a believer I have learned to grieve with HOPE. HOPE, because I know when my time comes to go "HOME" I will be with that loved one again... Anyway, thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed this story & I will cross my fingers in the hope that I will not be taunted & challenged this time. I love this site & I really don't want to leave you guys! ❤

~~LSD~~
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
wickedone: I think maybe her mom was upset because you were there, if she thought it was a school night! 😆...One of the rules in or house while my kids were in school was no one spends the night on school nights...I'm sure I'm not alone in that... I think she just didn't understand why you were there... Or who you were, since you had never been there before...

I hope they were able to show her the way...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
When I wake my children, and they do not respond, or seem to ignore the situation, I might get a bit frustrated and go for something ELSE that may wake them up.
For instance, a glass of cold water.
If I try to wake them, and they have friends spending the night, and they do not wake as requested, I honestly wake up one of their friends.
I more than likely do not look all that sweet when I DO have to resort to waking a friend (only because I do not like doing that. I think it to be borderline "rude" as it is my CHILDS responsibility to wake their friend if they are sleeping in the same room).
Aside from the jumping in your face, and looking angry, is there something else that would make you think she did not like you?
What is sad (I am guilty of this myself, I admit it) is the human inability to let loved ones go. We want to hang onto them forever.
What a shame that you lost contact with Beth. Maybe you could have joined with her to help her Father deal with the loss and help her Mother move on.
Wa-do.
WikkedOne (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
I just feel really bad about the whole situation! It's very sad - I hope things got better for her mom. 😭
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Merry Meet, WikkedOne -
Thanks for sharing your story with us. It can definitely be startling and sometimes even scary when you aren't prepared for the paranormal to jump in your face.

From what Beth said, I wonder if her mom is still with them because she has unfinished business... Her dad. Maybe Beth's comment about her dad meant that Beth recognized that her dad is hanging on to her mom. He didn't want her to pass over, and now that she visits as a spirit, he still can't let her go. She may not be able to cross over until Beth's dad tells her it's okay.

Maybe Beth's mom seemed angry with you because she misinterpreted your relationship with Beth; she may have thought you were trying to harm Beth and she was out to protect Beth in one way that she knew how - paranormal fear.

I truly hope Beth's mom - and her dad - are at peace in their own ways.

Blessings,
ParaTam
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
They should do something about it. Spirit ought to rest and should not live with the living.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: