You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In The Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Basement

 

If you read my short story 'Ghost in the Cellar', this is nothing like it. This ghost experience happened to me personally.

I dated this girl in Portage, Indiana, and one night, while watching a little late night TV, we fell asleep on the couch. At around 3am we both woke up and went to the bedroom. Her little girl, who was two, was asleep in the other room and would wake up around 6am and want to watch TV. Around 530am, the sun was beginning to rise and the sunlight slowly began to brighten the rooms. As I layed there, I looked at the mirror that was standing above her dresser. The way I was laying I could see what was in the kitchen. For a moment. I thought I noticed the face of a man. I cannot describe him because it was over in the blink of an eye. Okay, maybe it was in my head, no big deal. This kind of stuff happens to me sometimes, I accept it. But this one... This one seemed a little to real. More real than the others.

I said something to her in the morning, when she woke up to the sound of Spongebob. She listened to me, shook her head and went to make her daughter breakfast. I got dressed for the day, and went in the kitchen to talk more about this. She told me that there was a few times she thought she saw someone at a glimpse and that her daughter wakes up around 3am, crawls in bed with her claiming that somebody is in her room and they woke her up, almost every night. Okay, fine. It doesn't bother me and it seems it doesn't really bother them, cool.

A few days later, I'm in the basement doing the laundry. I took some clothes out of the dryer and put them in a laundry basket. I turned around to head for the stairs, when I noticed, what looked like a person just went up them. I only saw the back of them. I walked to the bottom of the steps, looked up, and saw this person turn the corner at the landing to continue up, but again, just a glimpse. I listened to hear if that one particular step would creak if stepped on. It would creak rather loud too. Nothing.

We called the relationship off, mutually, a little after what happened to me in the basement, I never told her about it until sometime later. She said that she had the house blessed and hasn't had an encounter or a problem since. When I heard that from her it reminded me of the story my grandmother told me, which I wrote about in 'Ghost in the Cellar'.

Other hauntings by NineVolt

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NineVolt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Portage, huh? Knew a guy in the Reserves named Jimmy who's folks lived there. He had the sweetest little boy. Fell in love with him immediately. Off topic, though. Sorry.

The person that you saw going up the stairs and around the corner, was it a full body or shadow? That is really amazing. Anyway that you could tell if it was the guy you saw in the mirror?
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Another good story! Maybe the "person" you saw used to live there & is still hanging around the place. It's hard to tell without researching the property. I guess having the place blessed calmed the restless spirit & it was able to find peace. I always like to read stories like this that end well. Thanks for sharing your stories! 😊
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Hi. It's me Lotus. LOL! I know you didn't know that, but you do now. I read you other story>loved it. You know what? I just really love the way you describe things. I dunno, there's like a way I feel when I've read your stuff. Uh, so sorry, don't want to creep you out. I just really enjoy it & want more. 😆

~~LSD~~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: