You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: They Want Me To Go With Them

Real Ghost Stories

They Want Me To Go With Them

 

Before I begin, let me tell you a little bit about my kids and me. (My profile has more info if you are interested.) We're just like a lot of you; we have "ghostly activity" everywhere we live. I've experienced spirits for over 30 years. My 18-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son have been exposed to them for most of their lives. So we aren't new to this and pretty much take things in stride. However, this one absolutely terrified me.

It was late February or early March of 2009, and my little boy and I were having dinner. My daughter was with a friend, so it was just Dalton and me. Dalton had been hearing voices in his head for about a week, but he couldn't figure out what they were saying. I really didn't get too excited because of the abnormal (paranormal) state of our lives. I figured since the three of us can hear voices, he was just mentioning it. Anyway, Dalton and I were eating dinner at the table when Dalton said "what?" I told him I didn't say anything. Again he said "what?" and cocked his head like he was listening to someone. Only this time he was a little bit impatient. I told him, again, that I didn't say anything. He said "I'm not talking to you, Mom." I asked him who he was talking to. At this point, I really wasn't thinking anything about it. I was in my own little world and really didn't pay attention until he said he was talking to "them." That definitely got my attention. I asked him who and he said "the boy and girl." He said, "why they messin' with me, Mom?" I told him I didn't know and asked him what they were saying to him. My heart stopped when he said "they want me to go with them." I think I had a heart attack when he said that. I know I couldn't breathe and I got chills all over me.

I told Dalton to tell them he can't go with them. Ever. So he said, very quietly, "I can't go." I told him he needed to tell them louder and make sure they understood and he very strongly said "I can't go with you. Leave me alone!" He then told me they were gone. I told Dalton that he can't ever go with anyone when they ask him to go, unless I tell him he can; especially when they are talking to him in his head.

This absolutely terrified me. I still want to cry when I think about it. I don't know what would have happened if it had just been my daughter and Dalton at home. I thank God I was there when they asked him to go with them. This has to be the scariest thing that has ever happened to me; even more than the incident when I was 16 and more than the evil man I heard in my head 10 years ago (future submissions). The scariest thing about this is the "what ifs" that go around in my head when I think about this. Dalton is so trusting, I'm really afraid he'd have gone with them and I'd never have gotten him back.

I wonder now if this happens a lot; if this boy and girl (I believe they were demons - they can't be anything else) convince children to go with them and the children are never seen again. I know it's possible. Look what could have happened to us.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Acacia - thank you for that 😊 And I take no offense at all that you enjoyed the comments. I met some of the best, and closest, friends I've ever had from submitting this story ❀

And let me tell you, I've learned a few things from that son of mine. I have a story about his "shadow man" that I want to share because of his insight, but it was in his dream so I'm not sure I can swing that LOL.

But thank you so much reading my son's story and leaving a comment. I truly did enjoy your story 😊
Acacia (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Miracles51031,

I realize you originally posted this story a few years ago but, I am new to the site and only just read it. In fact, I recently posted a story and yours was the first comment. The warmth, sincerity and depth of character that came across in your post prompted me to read one of your stories. So naturally, I started with your first post.

I must say, I was a bit frightened when I read the part where your son shared with you that some entities (for lack of a better word on my part) , "were messin with him" and "they want me to go with them". Felt so relieved with your wonderfully intuitive advice to your son! I have a five year old son and felt right there with ya! I'm definitely a mamma bear myself!

Enjoyed the story very much and I hope I do not cause offense but, I think I enjoyed all the comments the most. Look forward to reading more of your stuff!

Kind regards,
Acacia 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
Lakota73 - there's no such thing as a late comment πŸ˜‰. And certainly no need to apologize for it. I appreciate you pulling this one out of the "dungeons" and reading it.

This was my first story submitted to YGS and it still scares me when I go back and read about it in my Journal or relive it in my mind. Although my thoughts about who the girl and boy may have been have somewhat changed over the years, I still have those same "what ifs." Those never go away, even though they serve no purpose whatsoever πŸ˜•

I also saw the similarities between your story and mine when I read yours. Truly terrifying to think about it too much, isn't it? So I try not to 😊 and just thank God that the experience happened the way it did.

Besides, it brought me here LOL
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
Miracles,

Oh goodness me! This story terrifies me! What happened to Dalton is very similar to what happened to me when I was a child (Peculiar Night Visits) and that couple wanted to take me with them.

So glad you were there to steer Dalton away from these people. It really does make you wonder what would happen if a chosen one 'consented' and did follow.

Thanks for sharing a terrific and terrifying story. Sorry my comment is late. It's definitely going in my favourites!

Lakota73
TRENTON84 (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
I never get the chance I'm waiting for the thing to allow me to write my story. But thanks for the suggestion I really need help 😊.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
TRENTON84 - have you tried submitting your daughter's experience on here? There are a lot of people who are willing to help. Many different religions, beliefs, nationalities, cultures, etc. Make up this site and many knowledgeable and wonderful people who care, especially when comes to children.

There might be someone who reads these stories who has experienced the same situation you and your family are going through.

I recommend, if you haven't already, put it in "writing" and submit it as a story.
TRENTON84 (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
I feel so sad for your son my little angel gets voices in her head all the time me and her mom need help figuring out how to get rid of this demon.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
TruthinDarkness - thank you for your comments. I am also glad my story had a happy ending 😊. Honestly, the thought of Dalton's mind and body being "separated" had never occurred to me, but then I'd already scared myself enough as it was.

I'd like to think I've grown somewhat since that day. That I've learned some things from sharing my families experiences and from reading of others experiences. But the things that have helped me more than that are the friends I have made along the way. The ones that are just a click away, that understand and help me when something doesn't "feel" right or are there to say "that is so freakin' cool!"

LBC ❀
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I'm definitely glad this had a happy ending. An even worse fate had he "gone" with them could have been that his physical body would still be with you and his spirit (and mind) elsewhere. Kind of like the people that Dr. Oliver Sacks cared for; only they suffered from encephalitis lethargica.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
Peter - this is the story that brought me to YGS. Up until this happened, I was pretty okay with things. But this? This really scared the crap out of me.

After receiving great advice from many truly wonderful people on this site (too many to thank personally, but they know who they are 😊 ❀), I've come to hope that perhaps all the children wanted was for Dalton to play with them, not to go away with them like I originally thought. It never happened again while we lived there and this is the same house as my Ghost Named Mary stories.

Thankfully it never scared him because he isn't afraid of the children we live with now.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
Hello Miracles51031,

This, which happened to your son, was realy very scary! My brothers second daughter used to talk to a child spirit when she was in her bed. It's the same spirit that's still hanging around at their place and the subject of one of my two stories here on the site.
Hope, in your son's case, they never came back... Well, I will have to read more. But perhaps they just wanted to play with him, as the girl ghost in my story played hide and seek with me.

Greetings,
Peter
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Hope - thank you. There are times I wish I could do more, but there are times I'm glad I can't. Guess that's why I can do what I do, huh? πŸ˜†

Marjie
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
As I've said I'm a horrible speller, I ment Parcial medium. Meaning you can do some, but not all that a medium can do.

P.S. You can just call me Hope, instead of hope4ever. 😜
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Hope4ever - yep, the "what ifs" get me every time. Even long after the incident occurs, the "what ifs" linger. I guess maybe it helps me be more cautious and aware.

After a lot of comments by posters whom I have come to respect, I too do not believe these were demons. In hind sight, I wish I had had this knowledge then. Maybe Dalton, and I, missed out on a truly unique experience. Live and learn, I guess.

Particle medium? I'm not familiar with that term. Sensitive, yes, I've been told that more than once. Gift? Yep, have to agree with that assessment. It is a gift, for me. I realize a lot of people feel differently, but I have to say... I feel... Grateful I guess. Lucky, perhaps. Whatever, I enjoy the gift I have. My children are still developing, but Dalton I'm afraid, is teetering on that line between seeing and not seeing our spirits now. I'm sure it'll come back. It did with Jerrica.

Thank you so much for your kind words.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-11)
The scariest thoughts in the world are the what ifs. I too am glad that you were home, something very bad could very well of happened. However, I want to tell you that I don't feel they were demons. Demons wouldn't have just walked away from something like that. I think they truely were two children that wanted to play. I don't think anything would have happened, but it's always best to be safe instead of sorry.

Again though on the note of demons, if it had been, they would have done more. Tried to phyically make him go with them. I have yet to hear or see a situation with demons that they do not harm or try to bring harm to those in which houses they dwell. They are horrid and evil beings beyond anyone's ideas. I've dealt with a few myself, and I can say this. You can feel the evil even before you know it's around.

I'm glad they are taking it in stride as are you. And in your other comment you said you'd simply stick with hearing and seeing them, those are also the abilities of a partical medium. Seeing them for around 30 years means you are open and you are sensitive. By sensitive I mean able to see, hear, possibly talk to, ect. You have a gift, but I think you already know that. Good luck in your life, and the lives of your children and stepchildren. Expecially yours though, Dalton and Jarrica, because they are open to this and they will continue to be. It isn't easy, as you already know, dealing with them. But it isn't something you can just close your eyes and make go away either.

As always thanks for sharing the memory 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Thanks, Trudy - I do know the basic story of Job; just didn't connect the hedge with it. Thanks for the additional info.
Trudy44 (60 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Dear Miracles,

If you read the first chapter of Job that will help in understanding about the hedge of protection. Satan accused God of surrounding Job with a hedge. It is because of this hedge that Satan could not touch Job. The Christian thought is that if Job can have a hedge of protection then Christians should be able to ask God to surround us with a hedge also. I think that Job 1 can explain it better then I can.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Hey Sunday - I forgot. Thanks for adding me and my story to your favorites! Much appreciated.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Sundaydrive - OK that was weird. I had this almost finished and it just disappeared! 😨 What the heck!?
Anyway, there's no way I'm going to be able to recreate what I had written, so... It was so much better the first time I wrote this - crap!
I thought maybe you were grounded! πŸ˜†
I don't know about the blood ties to the paranormal thing. All I know is my kids and I have experienced things everywhere we have lived. I'm going to submit one soon that is actually very funny. At least I think it's funny. I don't think my cat did though. My kids and I have lived in 6 different places in 8 years (don't rent if you don't have to!) We now have a permanent home. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
Sometimes one or two of us hear the same thing at the same time; other times it's an individual thing. It's definitely not a boring life, though. We can go a couple of months without anything happening, though. Can't explain that. Like I said to zzsgranny... Maybe they need a break from me! πŸ˜†
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
😊 😊 😊
Glad I could make you all laugh for a little bit there. I thought for sure that I'd be in the fire for that one. I hit the submit button, an in that second or two before it jumped to the next page noticed who's name was there and got chills BAD trying to figure out how to erase it.
There is a blood tie to the paranormal then, and not the house you lived in, right? What I get stuck on is some people only see a ghost once in their life, and only at one place. I just wonder if that makes them sensitive, or just lucky?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
That post absolutely made my day! I thought whitebuffalo might have been having "one of those days!"
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
**Shaking head***
Girl! What are you doing to me?!
Next time you call and ask to hang out before I get home, I just may have to remind you what your name is.
In all seriousness. No harm, no foul. No need to "fix" anything. YOU did it yourself by your next post.

"...Don't ever cry over something that cannot cry over you."
Cheewa James, Modoc 1996
Wa-do. πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Shew - I was a little bit confused there! Not sure who to respond to - whitebuffalo or Sundaydrive! (LOL!) Glad I'm not the only one who does things like that! I read it twice thinking I'd missed something! Sometimes when you just need a pick me up, you get it. Hey, Sundaydrive - now I can say, personally, thank you.
The law enforcement brother? Wow - he and I are 9 years apart and were closer than our other 2 siblings. We told each other almost everything. And he's the baby of the family. He had several very intense, very scary episodes in the house we grew up in, which our parents still live in. He won't talk about them now. He was the first one I told my stories to. That's when he told me what happened to him. Like I said, we didn't talk about any of this stuff growing up. Within the last couple of years, though, he's shut himself off from it. He hasn't even told his wife anything about it. If I tell him one of my current stories, he just listens; doesn't respond or offer feedback, just kind of acknowledges that I'm talking. I love him, but I miss having him to talk to about this. Last time we talked about it was 14 months ago (compliments of my journal.) He told me he thinks there "might be something out there." He just doesn't think they "can interact or anything." He doesn't "know what purpose they serve." Sometimes I wonder where my brother is and who this imposter is.
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Thanks zzsgranny. I'm going to have to check that out. I never even knew there was anything like that. You probably guessed that tho.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Sundaydrive and anyone else interested: Here is one link of many that explain the schools for indigos and crystals:
Www.crystalhealingfoundation.com
Pretty interesting stuff! ❀
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Sorry about that, I'm using her computer and forgot to log her out. Can someone fix that?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
HA! KNEW you gals would hit it off! Creepy coincidences, aren't they?
They have a SCHOOL for these kinds of kids?! You mean like the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters or something? I'm not trying to be funny, I just think that is so cool. I have seen that show Psychic Kids (Help me out here again, princessLotus, if you can) and I'm really not all that impressed on how they deal with them. It almost seems like they're trying to trip them up or something.
I'm not trying to be the odd man out or anything, but could hearing the voices straight on, like through the forehead mean something different than you just hitting problems straight on? Isn't that where the third eye is supposed to be? But then, if it's all in using the third eye, wouldn't you all hear through the forehead?

I'm curious about the sibling that is in law enforcement. You people are going to think I spend my whole life in front of the television! That newer show Paranormal Cops (See how I remembered THAT name? Must be because I've had a few run in's with them and. That is for another time) makes me think of every cop I've ever had a run in and I love it when they get freaked out! I would almost think that one would be more into wanting to prove all this wrong.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Trudy, it's always a good idea to teach our little ones about spiritual warfare & the armor of God. I really don't think people know too much about this & how important it really is. I tells us of the power that God has given us all.

~~LSD~~
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
DeviousAngel, like I said before, I'm not offended by the "crazy" comment. I truly did worry about that for a long time, which I why I started keeping my journal. Being honest with my children is probably the best thing I have done.
My siblings, who shared similar experiences when we were at home, deal with their experiences differently than I do. One of them totally and completely denies that there could possibly be ghosts. We respectfully and lovingly agree to disagree. Another one is in law enforcement now, so everything is black or white; there are no areas of gray (or paranormal). My other brother laughs and calls me crazy or a lunatic, but doesn't talk about his experiences anymore. I deal with mine head on (like whitebuffalo, I believe). The way I see it, if I'm crazy I think I'm in great company!
Before I forget, thank you for telling me I am a wonderful mother. Sometimes I question whether I'm planting things in their heads. But I know I'm not. I'm just trying to make sure that my kids are heard. My daughter is 18 and doesn't discuss this with her friends, so she just has me to talk to. This part of her life is too private.
I didn't have anyone and it was hard. There were things that "went bump in the night" and I couldn't run to anyone. I think I've blocked out so much of my childhood, normal and paranormal, because of that. I was 35 before I admitted to anyone in my family the things that I'd experienced. My parents, now, are more accepting. My dad shares his stories with me. My mom still thinks I need "help" (lovingly of course). I just need to be there for my kids. They're my life.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Yes, Granny, I do document the things that happen to my kids, too. I do them chronologically (and I date them as closely as possibly), as a family, instead of my stories, her stories, his stories. Just an event-by-event accounting. I try to get as much information from them as I can so there aren't a lot of holes; and try to make sure they realize it if it's something normal rather than paranormal. I don't immediately jump to the conclusion that it's our ghost doing things, and my daughter and I look for other explanations. But when there is none, there is none.
I do keep track of even the most benign of events, like a timer going off for no reason. I've actually had that happen twice in the same house, but spaced very far apart. We were never able to recreate or duplicate that exact sound. So I make note of everything that I can't find an explanation for. Even things that have no logical explanation and are "why/how on earth would that be paranormal?" But it totally defies a rational explanation. I'm loosely speaking about a particular incident. If you're interested, I'll post it. Maybe you or someone else might have a clue what it meant.
I enjoy keeping a journal. I think you might too. I'd encourage your daughter to if she has the time. I go back and read mine pretty often and when I need to make an update, I do. (Considering it's on my computer, it's pretty easy to make corrections, etc.) I also will admit if something I thought was the action of our ghost, and I find out I was wrong, I admit that too. In the beginning it was just to prove to myself that I wasn't going (or, heaven forbid, already there!) crazy. Now it's because it's as much a part of my routine as paying bills.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: