You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Time My Father Visited Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Time My Father Visited Me

 

This is my first time to post an experience with the paranormal, since no one in my family might take me seriously if I told them this. This happened two years ago, when I learned that my father and mother had a failed relationship and my mother became pregnant and had me. Anyway, I started to think that my father was bad, given the fact that he left my mother to tend for me and I've never expected that my father would actually appear to me as a reflection.

This happened last year, when typhoon "Ondoy" ransacked our home because of the devastating flood. I was scared of what I would see after the destruction of the typhoon to our house. Well, sure enough, mud was everywhere. I felt very depressed. As we tried to clean the house and restore the house when I saw a man's reflection in the mirror in the bathroom. The mirror was facing the door and I could easily see who would come in the C.R.

I saw the man's reflection nod towards my mom's bedroom, but when I turned around there was no one standing on the spot of the man. I turned around again to face the mirror, just to see the man's reflection standing behind me. I felt a strange coldness behind me and I was scared, but I tried to ignore it. I continued to clean the C.R. But I saw the man's reflection still standing patiently, eyes watching my every move. Every time our eyes met, he would impatiently jerk or nod his head towards my mom's room. Finally, I decided to follow the man's reflection's gesture.

I went to my mom's bedroom and I saw a piece of soggy and muddy paper dangling from the drawer (which was tightly closed before the typhoon). I pulled out the drawer to let the paper part from its container. I saw the paper (which I thought was a piece of paper) and I was shocked. I saw my mom (many years younger) in the photo hugging a man that looked exactly the same as the man in the mirror (though he looked riddled with age in the reflection). I dashed back to the bathroom just in time to see the reflection fade away and the photo I was holding became mushy and the image on it faded.

Until now, I still don't know if the man was my father or an unfriendly ghost wanting to scare me, but I could only guess. I only hope that I would be clarified about the experience before this happens again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, momurarouzuke, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DAP (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Take it as a sign from him, Its a good thing. He meant no harm and wants you to know of a life time that was once happy. Dont dwell on the negative, he loved you.
bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Wow I think the guy you saw was not just an unfriendly ghost because your mom has a picture with him. We can assume that he's your dad or a friend of your mom's. The best thing to do is to ask your mom yourself:)
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
Very nice story and I'm really sorry for your house 😢 But I do think it was your father checking on you and perhaps he waned to show you how much they loved each other and that he probably still loves you mother and also loves you.

God Bless You! ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Hi! I believe it is your dad and in my opinion, your parents still love each other although there were things they weren't able to sort out before one of them left the world. I believe what your dad is trying to tell you is that, "kid, your mom and I love each other so much and I want to let you know that". I'm from the Philippines too and I know what disaster that Ondoy brought our country. God Bless you.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
That is a beautiful experience.
Is your mom still alive?
Did she die in the Typhoon "Ondoy?"
Or were you in such stess, that you were looking for consolation from someone close to you?
I don't know.
I do know that when my mom passed away and I saw all of the pictures of her as a young woman, my heart broke. She was so young and beautiful and so full of life.
Thank you so much for sharing this.
It brought back so many memories of me looking at my mom's pictures when she was so young and beautiful.
Thank you
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Thank you for sharing this experience! My question here is, and I hope this does not come across offensively, is your father alive, or was he decased at the time of the sighting? If he was/is alive, then I can only imagine this must have been some sort of OBE that he performed to visit you. You likely had a lot of questions about him and perhaps this was his way of getting in touch with you. I'm so sorry to hear about your home.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
I also think it was your dad making sure everything was ok. Did your mum ever aknowledge that it was your dad in the photo? Also you mention you where cleaning the C.R. What is that? I know it is probably something real obvious lol.

Thank you for sharing.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
I believe it was your father, he would have been doing his best to help you guys through this most unfortunate disaster, nodding his head was him saying, thank god you guys are ok... Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: