You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle Bids Farewell

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle Bids Farewell

 

This is one of the first experiences that I had with the paranormal and of course, it's true. I was 13 years old and was very close to my Uncle Melvin. He went through some rough times in his life, been through a divorce and had alcohol problem. My mother was his sister and he stayed with us quite a bit.

One night I was sleeping I awoke to see my Uncle Mel standing by my closet door. I sat up in bed and tried to focus in the dark... Sure enough it was my Uncle and I said, "What are you doing?" He lifted up his arm and moved it slowly back and forth (Now I believe he was waving), and slowly he started to dissipate. I jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen only to find my mother on the phone, crying. When she hung up the phone, before I could tell her my experience, she said to me, "its horrible news, Uncle Melvin is gone." It had been a sudden accident and I believe he came to me to bid me farewell.

I have had many other experiences since this one. Most of the "spirits" we see are not here to harm us. (Once again, I said most... Not all). I have had recurring visits from many spirits and as soon as I start to communicate with them, they never come back. I make this statement because as I have read over other stories, many people seem to be in fear.

Other hauntings by zetafornow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zetafornow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lillylove8988 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-20)
ya I also agree not all spirits are evil but but some are so watch out but don't be to careful I have had bad experince with that. Which I will tell you guys once I can post a story.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Hi niboreel:

Yes, I have been met by closed minds and so that is why I like coming to this site. I have learned throughout the years to be very guarded as to who I talk to about my experiences. Even people who are close to me have ridiculed me after I have opened up to them. Thanks for the response.
niboreel (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Great story, this is very common. I read in one of your other posts you said you have tried to tell people of your experiences and they've simply wrote you off as "Crazy" - This is so heartbreaking to hear. I'm truly sorry for you. My heart really goes out to people who are met with ignorance and closed minds like that. Everything cannot be explained. I'm glad you found this forum. It's my first day; loving it!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Aussie: LOL! 😆 😆 There's that three again!...But I think sooner or later some body else will comment and disagree!... 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Excellent post granny, the "three" of us are thinking the same on your story Zeta, thank you for sharing it with us.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Zeta: I think you echo the views of a lot of us here that not all entities are evil demon monsters out to rule the world one sensitive at a time! 😆...I, for one, truely believe that none of them can hurt you unless YOU allow it...It's like if someone won't drive a car because they are afraid to get into an accident, they subconsiously cause themselves to crash!...

I love stories like this... I think it was your uncle saying one last good-bye 😊...I have yet to hear from my recently passed uncle, but if I don't, at least I know he's at peace...

Good story...Thank-you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: