You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Other Side Of The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Other Side Of The Door

 

This happened when I was I'm 18 now. I can't recall the exact time but I believe it was midnight. My parents and little brother were already asleep. My sister had slept over our grandmas this particular night. I was alone in our room. My parent's room is on the other side of the house. Our house isn't that big but it's a pretty good distance from my room to my parent's room.

I remember washing my face, brushing my teeth, and getting ready for bed. I had my radio on low and was listing to some rock music. As I was getting ready to turn off the radio I heard someone trying to open my door. I looked and could clearly see the handle moving. I looked at the handle in a confusing way because it looked like someone was struggling to open it. I don't have a lock on my door to begin with. After a while it seemed like whoever was on the other side had giving up. I then felt this really strong pressure on my chest and it felt like time had stopped and all I could make out was the door in front of me. Everything around me seemed to blur. It started out gradually and then went out of control; someone was on the other side of my door clawing at it from the bottom half. My door was shaking violently it seemed like it was going to break off its hinges. It was an ugly terrifying sound. I actually thought they were shredding my door with their finger nails. I was dumbfounded I couldn't breathe, think, I simple wasn't functioning. My whole world felt as if it was crashing down on me. After I came out of my shock I was panicking and frightened. The first thing that I thought about was to blast my radio. I called out for help but not even I could hear myself or the radio. No one came to save me.

I don't remember what actually happened next, but I woke up the next morning on my bed with the light on. When I went to my parents room and told them what had occurred the night before. They told me they hadn't heard anything. They slept peaceful that night, while I felt it was the end for me.

Has anything like this happened to anyone? To this day it still doesn't make any sense. But I'm positive it was not a dream.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 19-V-91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xbrokenx66 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
Same thing happened to me but a bit different, I was in my bahroom, no one was home, and I heard a sound as if skin and bones were being thrown at my door, I just contenued washing my face, then I heard it again followed by three soft knocks at the door, so I unlocked it and opened it, no one was there, so I continued washing my face with the door open, hears nothing more, but when I went back to my room and
Attempted to turn on my fan, I realize that all the power in my room only was out, later that night I went to sleep, as normal, and woke up to find the name "Mili" written clearly in the dust of my desk top mirror, and a smudge on my larger, full body mirror, and I had just cleaned them the day before, no one had been home to do tamper with my mirrors, and I hadent touched them at all.
19-V-91 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Eclypse_Nightshade, thank you for commenting.
😁

Yes you are correct I was standing up the whole time until I blacked out. Umm can you inform me more on these malicious entity's? Please and thank you if you can, I would really appreciate it. ❤
19-V-91 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Michi78, thank you for commenting. 😁

Yes, you are correct I was awake and standing up when I experienced the scratching noises. No, I was awake during the whole thing, I was standing up when I felt the pressure on my chest. Yes, I was really frightened. After the pressure on my chest, I guess I blacked out I'm not sure what happened after that but I awoke the next morning on my bed.
19-V-91 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Tsaphiel, thank you for commenting. 😁

This has been really helpful but I was not asleep while all this happened. I was awake, standing up getting ready to turn off the radio.
19-V-91 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Chopis, thank you for your comment.

Haha thank you, 😁 I'm glad I wasn't hurt either and thanks again for your concern. ❤

No, it showed no damage, although it did seem to be a little filthy.
19-V-91 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Oh my deepest apologies, I was 16 when this occurred.

Yes it has only occurred once, its probably due to my parents sprinkling holy water in every corner of the house.

Thank you for commenting 😁
Eclypse_Nightshade (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
It sounded like she was saying she was standing up around the radio the whole time until she blacked out to me... It's proubly a maliscious Entity like hays1012 said.
michi78 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
But Tsaphiel, they said they were getting ready to shut off the radio and go to bed. If that's the case, then they wouldn't be asleep yet and the paralysis wouldn't be an option. Just pointing that out, although I do believe sleep paralysis is responsible for many cases of "paranormal" experiences. The story in this respect is a tad vague--19-v-91 were you experiencing the scratching noise before you lied down? Were you sleeping at all when the sensation of pressure on your chest occurred? Just curious. To me, it sounds like you heard the sound while awake and moving, lied down to sleep and then felt the pressure. Is that right? In any case, it sounds frightening. I would be frantic if I couldn't move. At least it hasn't happened since!
Tsaphiel (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Hey there.
Sleep paralysis is a particular interest of mine so thought I'd throw in my two cents.

From about the age of 17 I've had dreams that are almost exactly the same. Although with my dreams the paralysis is usually coupled with more of a "Sensation" that there's someone outside the bedroom door, or walking around in another room univited. Most of the time in the dream I think it's Burglars and try to get up, but can't really get anywhere.

A couple of times now though there's been the sound of my door handle being fumbled with or someone tramping hurriedly on the stairs to get to my room.

So don't worry, whilst it's massively unpleasant, it's perfectly normal. Part of your brain wakes up and starts freaking out because the part that controls most of your motor functions like movement is still asleep. (For the purpose of this, "Freak out" is a proper medical term. As are "Go bibbledy" and "Ooga-Booga", roll with me here.)

During sleep, your breathing is at a vastly different rate to when you're asleep, and this can give someone the mistaken impression that they're being smothered or having their chest pressured.

Your awake brain tries to get the rest of you back online by panicking you: "Look out! Intruders! Danger! Hop to it! Out of bed NOW NOW NOW!" But mostly the rest of your brain wants some well-earned rest.

Sounds like it only happened the once, which is good because it's never a nice sensation. If it happens again, simply calm down (Difficult at first but it'll eventually settle in). The realisation that it's a dream will slot into place and you just need to go back to sleep.

Hope this has been a help.:)
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Hello 19-V-91,

First of all,...very clever ID, 😉 second, well, glad to hear you werent hurt, I just wonder... Did the door showed any damage?,

Hugs,

Claudia
hays1012 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
i'm no expert and will let the others tell you their opinions as to what it possibly was, but I just wanted to know how old you were when this happened to you. Because you see, you accidently left your age out when you begun writing your story for posting. You said "this happened when I was I'm eighteen now" typo silly!

-hayley

And since I'm no expert I think it was just a malicious entity messing with you. Since... According to your story, it only happenend once.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: