You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Should I Be Worried?

Real Ghost Stories

Should I Be Worried?

 

My family and I moved here a few months ago. We were told this house was built in the 50s so I'm sure there's plenty of history behind it and being a military house people are moving in and out all the time. Well we always get a creepy unwelcome feeling in the basement, but it's an unfinished basement and basements are always creepy... But our son who will be 2 in April started waving and saying bye every time we'd turn the light off and leave the basement. It was just the basement until a few weeks ago and now he waves and says bye when we leave his room, our daughters room *who is only a month old* and our garage, and sometimes he'll sit at the bottom of the stairs to the basement and talk and play.

I'm sure if there's someone he's seeing they're friendly but I'm not sure if I should be worried for him or not. It's not every time we leave a room either, it's just random times.

What do you all think?

Also in the basement there's a creepy crawl space that's pretty big and pitch black and blocked off with a piece of wood... One day I was in a storage closet down there cleaning it out and my son moved the wood and kept saying no and I looked over at him and he was standing with one foot in the crawl space looking inside. I called his name and he jumped and closed the wood shut...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MilitaryWifeMS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bris (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
1950s is ancient by Aaskan standards- and there is a rich Native Alaskan history in the area, too. People don't realize how violent life up here can be. I honestly believe a look in to the Native Alaskan or earth spirits is just as warranted as a look in to suicides and what not on the property, though. Especially if it is luring children into the dark ground.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
As a mother of one I do believe that children can see things us normal adults couldn't. There so "new" in this world and still have "open" eyes so they can see.
This lasted until my daughter turned about 4 when she could talk in whole sentances. Either that or we just got rid of the whole "ghost" encounters and had my mom bless the apartment when we weren't there.
When my daughter was just a toddler she too would just wave to empty area's of the house and blow kisses. Kind of freaked me out.

Qt
iluvdogs246 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
i think your son is probably seeing a friendly ghost! Or he is just saying that stuff because hes proud of himself that he knows the words! 😉
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
I suggest keeping an eye on your son! He might just be playing, or he might actually be seeing things, who knows yet? But what concerns me is that you say he had one foot in the crawlspace and was saying "no". Reminds me of Miracle's story with the two "Children" that wanted her son to accompany them. *shivers*
Otherwise, if your son is not fearful or worried, all should be well. Am sending you good thoughts! *sends happy vibes*
hays1012 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
i agree with zetafornow. You shouldn't be too worried unless things are causing physical harm to your home and to the people in it.
Children are said to have the ability to see more in this dimension up until the ages 7-9, but sometimes people continue to see things afterwards. All I'm saying is he could be just waving at nothing, or there really could be something there. But it doesn't sound too bad right now. You should update if anything else happens:) I'm interested in that creepy crawl space.
And again, I agree with chopis, as long as he isn't scared... Its okay:)
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Dear Military Wife,

Every time I move to a different house, the very first thing I do is bless it or anoint it.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Hi MilitaryWife,

Hmm...perhaps your son is really seeing ghosts but I would say that as long as he is not scared or something, you shouldnt worry to much 😳

Cheers,

Claudia
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Thank you for sharing your story. I am sure that you are worried somewhat because of your young child. First of all, the house was built in the 50's but that really isn't that long ago. Maybe your son is seeing something but maybe he is not. I remember when my kids were that age and when they learned how to wave, they waved all the time and sometimes to noone. I think if I were you I would look for other things... Such as things breaking for no reason, lights going on and off, tv's going on and off, things like this. If none of this is happening, I would not worry too much. I understand that kids are more sensitive to seeing paranormal and it very well could be the case. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: