You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Familys Encounters And Other Bits And Pieces

Real Ghost Stories

Familys Encounters And Other Bits And Pieces

 

Years ago my Aunty and Grandparents lived in a house in a place called McLaughlin's Beach in Victoria, Australia. My Aunts, and Grandparents experiences all happened in the same house. The house had been moved there from Yallourn Victoria by my grandparents.

There was a kitchen and lounge room and then a hallway with two bedrooms on one side and a bedroom and bathroom on the other. My Aunty was having a bath one night and after wards she was going back to her room which was across from the bathroom and stopped in the middle of the hallway and let out a blood curdling scream, when my grandparents rushed to her, she was shaking and really pale, she had seen a ghost of a man standing in the hallway.

My Grandfather was asleep one night, in the bedroom next to the bathroom and he woke up and saw a ghost of a little girl in the door way.

On another night my Grandmother heard hobnailed boots walking around the kitchen and other strange noises, when she got up in the morning she found the birdcage with bird in it that was one of those cages hanging off a stand had been thrown across the room, the bird survived being thrown.

And also a few months ago I was walking down the street to catch a bus and I saw someone or something looking over my shoulder, I stopped and quickly turned around and there was no one else on the street. It was a girl with wavy brown hair.

As well a couple of times I have seen this bright white light out of the corner of my eyes, at night while my trying to sleep and my eyes are half closed, my bedroom is at the back of the house, so it can't be headlights, and I sleep with a eye patch on.

And sometimes when I'm nearly asleep I hear noises, I'm never sure if I made them up or not, it is usually the sound of metal against metal, like a ladder being dragged off a trailer, but that could also be a neighbors garage door, though I don't hear cars before hand. Honestly never considered it was something paranormal, I just get up to check that the garage door is locked and our car isn't being stolen.

Other hauntings by MissHill

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissHill, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
If you read other stories you will notice that not all of them are full bodied, a lot of people just see the head of the person usually above them, this things head just happened to be peeking over my shoulder.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
There's something not right in paragraph 5. You said that you've seen a girl with wavy brown hair, but there's nobody else on that street, now that doesn't make sense as how can you see nothing except a girl with wavy brown hair?

Well, Australia is famous for it's hauntings and lots of ghost stories coming from that place is what I'm familiar like the haunting at The Rocks which is on the other side across the waters of the famous Sydney Opera House, where the ghost of a heart-broken bride still searches for her love (kind of a sad story, eh?)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: