You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Guardian Angel Or Voice In Head?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Angel Or Voice In Head?

 

My grandfather died before I was born. My father is always talking about how close he was to him when he was alive. Around Christmas time I was home alone with my music up loud. I heard a footstep and thought I heard my father calling my name. I yelled back "what" and received no reply. I then heard a gruff voice say "turn that down!" It was so close I thought my dad came home. I looked out in the driveway and his car was not there. I felt cold and hairs stood up on my neck. I shook it off that I was hearing things and left for my friends house.

Well, yesterday I was home alone again with my music up loud. I didn't know my dad wasn't home. I figured he was in his office because he works from home. I again heard "ABIGAIL!" I didn't turn down the music and yelled "what!" The voice yelled my name again. I turned the music off and I went to see if he was in his office and he was not home. I turned my music back on and I swear I heard a voice say "oh never mind I'm leaving." This time I didn't feel any coldness.

Our house is not old either we live in a new development that was farmland before. Could this be my grandfather's way of connecting with me? I feel like someone is looking out for me at times.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Abby123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

japsmeister (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
How I wish my grandfather would communicate with me. I miss him so much.

Anyway, yeah... It could very well be your grandfather... Fashionista777 has a good point. Try asking your dad if he ever played loud music during his younger years and if his dad (your grandfather) didn't like it.

Thanks for sharing your story...i'm green with envy but happy nonetheless. 😁
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Hahahahaha your grandpa got tired of the music! Your Grandpa was probly trying to keep you from going deaf haha just kidding. Thats a cool yet hilarious experience. I'm the same way haha when I get mad at my parents I go to my room and put my stereo on full blast. Can't do that anymore... 😭 I'm kind of terrified of my room ever since well you have to read my story what were you listening to by the way? Katherine ❤
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
I think it was your grandfather. Lol I thought the story was really cute. I liked when he said, "Oh, nevermind. I'm leaving". 😊

Sar-osity. ❤
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
LoL, I'm sure this could be your grandfather does this happen often? I would get quite spooked but at the same time its so typical of an adult or (grandfather) to yell that id probs find it funny, if it is your grandfather id love to know if he still visits 😊 great story
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Try playing my way by frank sinatra LOL❤Thank you for sharing your story.
Aussie
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Abby, just before I read your story, I just yelled at my kids to turn the music down, isn't it sad granny when we realize where old folks 😭it was your grandfather.😁
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
That has nothing to do with a Guardian Angel. This is most likely the spirit of your grandfather or someone similar.
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Hey what's up Abigail? Yeah maybe so it was your grandfather... It seems like it and all... Is kind of freaked getting to experience something like this... Funny feeling... Of someone who died come back as a ghost or something...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Abby: Us old folks don't like that loud music! 😆...And you may not think so but when you get older, you won't like it either! LOL!...Although, I liked when I was your age...

I think this is your grandpa trying to keep an eye out for you like cosmo said... And it was funny that he got disgusted and decided to leave rather than hear the music 😆

This is a cute story, thanks for posting!
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Have you ever asked your dad if he left his music on loud while he was growing up? If he ever did, and your grandfather didn't like it while he was alive, chances are it's him and he doesn't like it now. Good luck to you and God bless.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Hi Abby, This is a very interesting story. It could be your grandfather because I believe that loved ones especially grandparents will come around from time to time to check up on us. I admit I laughed when you turned the music back up loud and the voice said "oh never mind I'm leaving" LOL! Guess he didn't like the music. Thank you for sharing your story.
😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: