You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Old House Haunted!

Real Ghost Stories

My Old House Haunted!

 

I have wanted to write this story for a while now but haven't really had the time.

When I was about 6 years old we moved into a housing commission house, right from the time I moved in there I knew there was something creepy about the place.

I am 13 now and have since found out that the people who used to live in the house had a daughter who was repeatedly raped by their next door neighbor; he used to give her speed intravenously so she would be awake all night and torture her to within an inch of her life. She ended up committing suicide, also that day someone gave the guy a hit of battery acid and he died.

Anyway, I remember always feeling uncomfortable like something was watching me; I wouldn't go up stairs if someone wouldn't come with me, and sometimes I would stay up all night scared out of my mind for no apparent reason.

In the room where my sister slept, someone had spray painted writing about the guy who had raped the girl who used to live there, it had been painted over about 50 times in the years we lived there but always seemed to seep back through the paint.

I used to hear what sounded like people walking around on the roof and I used to feel someone crawling up my bed and so did my mother sister, but my brother said he never felt that.

Once my mum told me that I went into sweats and started walking around the house throwing anything I could get my hands on... I still don't remember that.

I used to see big black shapes out of the corner of my eyes and when I would look back there would be nothing there. I would never open my curtains in my room and I used to hate going into my sisters bedroom, I would hate being alone in the house and would not go into the bathroom after it was dark.

We moved from there when I was 11 to a house in a different area, I felt comfortable there but sometimes my things would go missing. I also used to sleep with the radio on, and I know what station I listen to and never change it, the radio used to change over to a station that played old rock songs. I also remember that during Christmas holidays it was about 38*C for a week but would cool dramatically throughout the night so I used to sleep with no blankets, window open and a fan on. I woke up one night at about 4:00am with my window closed, fan off and blanket was back on me, when I asked my mum if it was her she said no, that it was still hot when she went to bed so didn't come into my room to turn the fan off.

There was also other things at different houses that I don't remember because I was pretty young, but I think this is really weird, it seems like every house my family has lived in after I was born had some sort of paranormal activity...

Thank you for reading my story and I feel free to share your thoughts

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WhiteDove96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

wolf789 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
looks like some ghost has taken a likeing to you, I wouldn't worry about it if it hasent hurt anyone
WhiteDove96 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
DeviousAngel thank you! I don't really consider myself a good writer so that's nice to hear.
My sister knew the girl, they weren't really friends, more like acquaintances.
Also it was at a different house that my blankets got put on me, but that would have made a lot of sense if it were at the same house. Sorry about your friend as well, that must have been horrible for her...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Thank you for sharing your story, and I must say that you write very well for your age. You seem to be very intelligent.

What's surprising to me is that you mention your sister knew this girl, and yet you guys moved into the house in which she was raped and killed herself? I don't think I'd be able to live in a place like that whether or not I believed in the paranormal, simply because I wouldn't want to be in such a place where awful, horrifying things happened to an innocent girl on a regular basis.

It sounds to me like a lot of residual energy and negativity still exists in that place. I do think that the girl may have covered you up, because she saw you being uncovered as vulnerability. I have a friend who was sexually abused as a child and even if it's 100 degrees outside, she'll sleep under a blanket because it makes her feel safe. Her abuser always did things to her while he thought she was asleep, so she figured that if she wrapped herself up really tightly in a blanket, it would make it more difficult for him to get to her without obviously waking her. Just a theory...
WhiteDove96 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
zetafornow I am no longer living in that house, and I have talked about this with my mum sister and brother, and the same things happened to them while we lived there.

Scarygirlfreak it did seem to bother me most which I thought was weird because my sister slept in the room where the girl slept, and also because my sister knew the girl. So I don't understand why it would have bothered me the most.

Carys I'm not sure if its a gift of purely coincidental but either way I think I could live without it.
carys (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Hey there white dove, I personally think your a magnet like me, you attract spirtits it seems in the first house where those drgaic events occured the girl was attached to you, she would be with you and protect you from the man. Thats why you felt scared to go to certain places, because you felt her emotions. In the second house, I'm thinking and older man who was calm not that fond of children, but he tolerated you. I could write a lot about your story but you can't get rid of your gift is a shorter version. I personally have a two year old boy who I call squirt follow be around and if he gets grumpy I'll choke, because this is how he died. Its like he wants to remind me of what happened, but if I get angry or if someone upsets me he will make me calm and happy, no-one else is allowed to hurt me.
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Hey, Maybe is because your family looks in the wrong areas or maybe the ghost or whatever it is is following you and your family but the ghost is REALLY after you cause he/she bothers you the most?...am not trying to scare you of course... But just try and figure out how to get rid of this little ghost or maybe so called guardian angel...
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Hello WhiteDove:

First off I would like to commend you for sharing your story, especially since you are only 13 years old. This must be very frightening to you... It would be to me and I am quite older than 13.

Are you still living in the same house? Have you explained all of these occurrences to someone such as your mum?

This is my take on it; spirits are who they are when they were alive for the most part. You could certainly have an entity visiting you who is a horrible rapist and inadvertantly, a murderer. Has this house ever been blessed? I would suggest that.

Good luck to you. Update us on the outcome.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: