You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Husbands Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Husbands Story

 

1800 block of west 48th Street off Bridge Avenue, Cleveland Ohio.

When I was 10-12 years old we lived in this house and it was haunted there's so many incidences. It first started off with the basement light always on. Mom would go down and turn it off and it would be back on the next morning. She thought dad was hiding his beer from her down there. But, dad said he wasn't. So after months of this it finally blew out and they didn't replace it. Nobody went down there. It was only big as a small closet. So it was no use to us. In the living room we couldn't hang religious pictures up on a certain wall. They would keep falling off and breaking. Later, my sister Mary had made that room her bedroom. She hung posters up like a teenage girl does. One day after school Mary saw the posters were torn up but nobody had been home all day.

One day I went across the street to the store with mom. Dad was at work and Joey and Mary, my older brother and older middle sister were at home. They told mom when we got back home that they was reading from the bible out loud and a black shadow flew from the wall between the windows to the wall across which is the wall nobody could hang pictures on.

One day I traded a kid in the neighborhood a couple of toys for a swiss army knife. Which mom said I couldn't keep and had to give it back. So I hid it in the floor boards in the back bedroom where nobody slept because of how cold it stayed back there. It came up missing when I went to get it. I figured mom got it and I would never see it again.

We would lay out our cloths for school the next day on the couch and my belt came up missing. We looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

My brother was sick for a week so my mom went and picked up his books so he would not fall behind in school. My brother's books went missing. He was upset because, he knew he was going to get in trouble. He never had his homework done, and the one time he did, it went missing. He was even late for school because they were looking for the books. So Joey went to school and when he sat and opened his desk the kid that sat next to him said. "Joey you look like you've seen a ghost" there sat his books in his desk.

Month's later mom was cleaning under the couch and there was my belt coiled up perfectly. (She cleans under the couch daily because we had dogs). My mom was mending socks and pants and whatnot and asked me to go to the backroom, under the stairs type of closet and get her sewing kit. Well, when I went in there a black mist came lunging out at me, and grabbed onto my arm, and was trying to pull me in the closet. I was frozen with fear for what seemed like eternity. It had no face but it had a mouth and I swear it was like laughing at me. So, I got myself together and kicked at it. My foot went right through it and I hit the bed plank. It slowly backed back into the closet. I didn't get moms sewing kit. When I told her why and what happened she didn't believe me. She said I overheard what Joey and Mary said when they read from the bible. She later remembers I stayed outside when we got home.

To this day my hair still stands up when I tell that story.

In the kitchen the pantry it is like a freezer. It has a string to pull the light on and off. But the string don't just hang there it comes down then out like a L. Almost like someone is holding it. And it'll move in a circle. We got a bed plank to try to knock it straight and it will go straight until you let go of it.

Now here is when mom starts to believe me. Mom and dad were in bed not yet sleeping just talking. Mom left the bathroom light on for us kids to see at night. She was able to look out from her bedroom and see the reflection of the kitchen in the TV and Joey yelled to mom to tell Mary to go to bed. So mom was looking and saw Mary. (So she thought) and Mary had pots and pans like she was cooking. Mom just watched for some reason. Then Mary came to the living room which mom's room was right off the living room. Mary bent over to pick up the cat and the cat hissed and jumped right through "Mary". Then it dawned on mom that the little girl had no face but had Mary's hair and pj's on and same build as Mary. Then she just disappeared.

Mom and dad were in bed and dad got up to go to the bathroom. She heard heavy breathing coming from what sounded like under the bed. She looked thinking the dog Samantha the Pomeranian was under there choking or something. But, when she called for Samantha she came running into the bedroom. Then in the middle of the night she woke up from the creaking of the closet door opening slowly. She saw a black mist come out and linger over dad and then went back in the closet just as slow as it came out. She couldn't scream or move or anything. A couple days later dad had a heart attack. It was a warning.

Well the family sat at the table talking about what has been going on, Pat looked in the pantry and it was colder than ever. The string was making even bigger circles and nobody was sleeping at night. Joey told mom. "Why don't we just move mommy I just want to go". Mom then said it's not the dead you have to worried about it's the living! And at that point all the cupboard doors flew open and slammed shut all at once. We then had the house blessed and things didn't stop but they did slow down. So when we could we moved. When we moved I checked my hiding space under the floor and there I found my swiss army knife. We drove by and moms same gold drapes hung in the front window. Friends and I talked about going there on Halloween but, I seen firsthand and decided not to.

Other hauntings by monicar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monicar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

monicar (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
princessLotus not to much else happened to my husband since becoming an adult we do have a kid and a couple of things happened to him and those stories are coming soon as soon as there approved

DARKNESS we found out after moving that the occupant had died by murder and was taken to the flats and dumped there back in the 50's or 60's

Scarygirlfreak my dad did pass on but not at that time he just had a mild heart attack then

Thank you all for reading and commenting there is more to come
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Man I'ma twit. LOL! I just realized the story is called "MY HUSBANDS STORY" gosh, I'm sorry! Well, still thanks for sharing & I apologize my doc's just boosted my meds. LOL! HA! I'm not kidding. I would still like to know if you have experienced anything more. Bless you both.
~~LSD~~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
That's just screwed up. I hate it. I lived in a stupid house like that when I was little too. I'm 30 now but everything that went down there (& trust me **it went DOWN there) all the time & it's still fresh in my mind, a lot of it any way. Some things come back to me now & it scares me when I get those memories, because I can't believe what I endured as a child. Pure insanity. I'm so sorry your mom didn't believe you at first, that's probably really frustrating. I wonder does anything happen to you now? Or is that all she wrote? Even if it is, & I'm glad for you if it is, but still it's one good story & I thank you for sharing. Now when you have children I'm sure you will be more understanding & trust me that's a good thing. Well thanks again & bless you!

~~LSD~~
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Hi monicar wow that is a lot of frightning experiences I don't think I would want to live there either. Did you ever find out who lived in the house prior to moving there. Definitely sounds as though something was wanting your attention. All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
wow...very amazing... And truly scarii... Did your dad die or something? Sorry to ask that am just curious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: