You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Woman Reached Out For Me... Grandma?

Real Ghost Stories

Woman Reached Out For Me... Grandma?

 

So my story starts two days ago. I received a call from my sister that our grandmother had passed away in Florida; I was never really close to her and was shocked but not upset. I went to bed at around 12:40 with my iPod and listened to two songs. I felt myself about to fall asleep so I turned it off rolled over and fell asleep. Suddenly my body jolted up, like when you dream you're falling and you flinch and wake up. But I didn't have a dream of falling I just FLINCHED HARD! I opened my eyes and saw a woman in front of my closet reaching at me and coming closer, I froze because I thought I was being robbed. But she suddenly vanished and once I realized what I saw I called my friend and talked to her about it. I woke up hot and sweaty which is weird because the room was cold and I was in a ginny tee and sweatpants which I always wear.

The next night I have a dream that the ghost is contacting me through my AIM account and its typing to me in a symbol code and I have translations written on paper. I type back to it to leave me alone and it says it won't. I tell it no you have to, and it typed back "./././" before I could see the translation my phone rang and I woke up.

Is it my grandmother saying goodbye and if so why would she say things to me in code?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fightingroost12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fightingroost12 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Thanks for the help guys, the jolt actually happened again two nights ago I was sleeping with my face towards the wall and the blanket almost covering my entire body besides my face and I felt the jolt and woke up but I just laid there... I wasn't afraid this time and I just said quietly "Good Night" and went back to sleep. I don't feel like I'm being watched at night anymore and I sleep with my door open again, and nobody shoved me last night so I think she is at peace now 😊
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
No one could really tell you the answer to that. But I suppose its possible. Even if you didn't feel that close to her, (which I totally understand, I have lots of family and I've often wondered if something was wrong with me since I had no real feelings for them.). I concluded it was because I didn't know them. I don't find myself loving a person just because someone tells me I'm kin to them. There has to be something there. Anywho, your grandmother might be one of those who love unconditionally just because your related. My moms like that. It's really hard to tell thought since you were coming out of REM sleep. Lots of things happen with a person during this stage. I know I myself have seen and heard things during this time that once I thought about it was most likely left over vestiges of sleep. And subcontiously, the realization of your Moms mom or your dads mom having passed could mean more to you than you originally thought. I wouldn't let it bother me, this waking dream thing. If it was really her letting you know that you was on her mind when she departed take that as a comfort, and if it was a dream maybe it was your subcontious letting you know that you do have family out there and maybe you should get to know them. The more love in your life the better.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
The jolting is your grandmother letting you know she is there, this is such a common occurrence when our loved one depart, they (spirits) know that there's is a little window of opportunity right at the point of falling asleep, it is this period of time when all of us can receive messages from beyond, talk to her, she wants you to, tell her you love her and you want her to go into the light, The jolting will eventually subside... But if it does keep up, then perhaps she is trying to get a message across,
Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: