You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Toy In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Toy In The Closet

 

My grandmother passed away from heart failure in 1984, 26 years ago. She was an incredible woman with a massive heart and an unbelievable loving nature. She had 14 of her own children and at 50 years old, raised another one from birth, due to the tragic circumstances of that childs parents... One night somewhere in 1982 as I got home from a night out, I found my grandmother in our guest room, she was in some discomfort with chest pains and difficulty breathing, the last thing she wanted to do was wake my dad, as he had an early start for work the next day, typical of my grandma.

In 1972 my grandmother had a heart attack and was brought back to life after dying twice on the surgeons table... 10 years on it was not looking good, after a while at hospital the doctors informed us that her survival chances were not favorable. But one thing she had in her favor, she was a fighter and had plenty of family prayers and support willing her to live.

Later when I'd eventually got to bed, I knew I was going to have a premonition or a direction about the outcome of my grandma Ruby. As I was dreaming that night, I remember flying through this open field, about 15 feet off the ground, it was at this time a lucid dream, driven by my emotions, I was consciously seeking the answers and determined to find what I was looking for (my spirit guide). Stepping up the conscious level of this dream, I lifted my hands looking at the back of them, putting me into a level of super consciousness.

The dynamics of the dream changed significantly, I was no longer flying but standing in an open field, in a full on conscious state. (amazing experience) It is what I call reality projection where your surroundings are created so real that you can literally smell and taste what lays before you, something I strongly feel spirits are able to create in the next dimension... Reality projection is also what I believe is a possible cause that keeps some tortured souls from moving on.

Yelling out where are you over and over, the clouds were black and moving as fast as a train, the wind was howling and the rain was threatening. I knew that my time in this plane with this level of consciousness was limited, this was the only time in my life I was demanding an answer, pushing boundries I probably shouldn't of... The clouds stopped and the sun emerged, from out of nowhere my spirit guide was now standing in front of me. This spirit (guardian) has been with me for a very long time, I can't remember how long. He predicted my mother's fate two years before she'd passed, warned me of her suffering fom lung cancer just before she was diagnosed, (please don't smoke) and has forcast my own death. 77 years old, I will be when I die. (I have a feeling it will be August)

Like most of my experiences with him this meeting was short and to the point, your grandmother will live this time, but the next time they will take her, waking up I felt a weight of relief. I knew she would pull through and I couldn't wait to tell my family... (.fast forward). 1984, 2 years later as I was living with my girlfreind on the central coast the phone rang, it was my dad, with the news my grandmother had died from complications with her heart.

This is the first family member that crossed over, that I had a close relationship with and I was taking it pretty hard. As I was laying in bed thinking about my grandma, I'd remember talking to her one day (in between the final 2 years) about life and death... It finished with my grandmother telling me she'd come back to let me know she's there. Laying in bed that night a short while after the funeral (suddenly) a siren noise from inside a locked cupboard was now screeching away. My girlfriends Parents arrived to our room, (we lived with them a short while) as they were bemused about the siren noise coming from a locked closet that had not been opened in years, about 5 from memory, the room we slept in was also partially used for storage.

After eventually finding the key and opening the cuboard the toy that made the noise was sitting alone, it had been turned on from inside the closet!... When I was a boy many years ago, this one Christmas my dad was out of work, (doing it tough) we were poor enough not to have Christmas presents, but rich enough to have food on our table and we had each other and sometimes that's all you need. Christmas Eve staring out my window across the park, I saw my grandma hop off the bus carrying two bags they were full of christmas presents, there was no way her grandchildren were going without... On that night before you left, knowing the heart you have, it must of been hard for you to see me, a young man alone and crying with the heart of a fragile boy, you'd comforted me many times, over the years gone by, Nan... Thankyou grandma for bringing me one more present, the toy in the closet.

(IN MEMORY OF GRANDMA RUBY)

By Aussie daz,

Other hauntings by aussiedaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aussiedaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
Thank you DC... Your kind thoughts are welcomed thanks again... LOL ❤
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
That was beautiful. You've done her, and your family proud. ❤ ❤ ❤
miss_amos (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-27)
wow really that's a spin out I use to booogie board at avoca beach I also had some good memories at terrigal beach that's awsome ill add you on faceboook strait away thanks x10 hope all is well with you thankyu once again tc
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
miss amos, Thank you for all your kind comments and it does give me some inner peace knowing that my stories especially the august soul mates series touch people the way they do ❤, Actually speaking of the central coast I use to live at Avoca and played for the terrigal sharks back in 84, your welcome to be my friend over at facebook, my email address is aussie.daz [at] hotmail.com,

Daz 😁
miss_amos (19 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
btw my husband nickname is ruby an I once lived in central coast for 1 year in umina & west gosford also I was same condition growing up in situation of xmas presents but understanding its about family an love religion ment to be anyways an I believe in numbers hav some meaning maybe with me I hav number 2 in a lot of my life things like me my nan my dad my mum are born on dates with 2 in em ect an my mum knows more about that stuff lol I'm just young party teenager growing up newly wed trying settle down
miss_amos (19 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
thats beautiful such sweet story please add me as a friend id like ask yu few things if yu don't mind think yu could help me little with understanding life an stuff if soo id really appreciate
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Felix, I believe it was my grandmother who turned the toy on, although she did not hand it to me personally, my interpretation of this experience, was as if she did, thank you for your comment.
Felix11-12yrs (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
thats a sad story... Dieing twice must've been weird... And how'd she give you the toy I didn't really pay attention but how? (Sorry)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Thanks, aussie - definitely keep you posted. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
Marjie
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Darkness, sorry for your loss, 4 years ago is not long, yeah grandmas are very special and I think that comes from a lifetime of practice, thanks again mate.

Oli, she was a great person, thank you for posting.

Miracles,country roads one of my favorite songs, keep trying with the back of your hands, but let me tell you... You could find yourself in front of love ones who have passed, expect to feel somewhat emotional, keep me posted,
Cheers.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
aussiedaz - thank you for that compliment. You know the old saying "you can take the girl out of the country, but can't take the country outta the girl" or something like that. Heck, I think that's a song. Either way, it's fitting. I tried the city life (D.C.), didn't much care for it. Came home and this is where I decided to stay.
15 years!? Wow! I'll keep trying. So far nothing, but who knows? Sometimes persistance pays off in a big way!
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Aww thanks for sharing this story with us. Your grandma sounded like a great person!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Hi aussiedaz yet another great story from you mate I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmar, what a wonderful way to show her presance to you though. Ahhh grandmas god bless them I also lost mine 4 years ago and it was very hard to deal with as it is for everyone who loses a loved one. Also love hearing the details you go into regarding your outer body experiences very interesting indeed.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Zeetha,yes I do know they come to get us, my dad was at my house three days before my mother died, as sad as I was, I knew my mums heart would beat again, when she was reunited with him and I also believe our pets live on as well, thank you for your kind comments
😁

Blue-raven, I wish I could let you know how to contact your spirit guide, but unfortunately I cant, I think my experiences are designed for my life and I will make no claims (just offer opinions) to the mechanics of them, thank you for your comments,😁

Miracles, I thought I could detect the politeness of a country girl in you, I still say hello to strangers in the city,😁they look at me like I'm weird, keep trying with the back of the hands, it can take up to 15 years for some and others wake up immediately, but I think you just might pull it of, good luck let me know how you go
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Granny, I had a feeling you would like this story... YOUR A GRANDMOTHER... And a young one at that... God love ya, I bet you spoil your grandchildren too,😁...you and all grandmothers are very special people❤ and I know you will be in their hearts for ever and ever... That was touching giving your grandmother a extended hug😭thank you for posting sis,
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
waaaaaaah...a heart warming story... Made cry... I just wish I can find my spirit guide too... Can someone tell me how? Please email me...blue_raven80 [at] yahoo.com...thanks much.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Cosmogal, There is just something about grandma's, that holds dear to out hearts, grandma Vera sounds like she was a wonderful person... There is a reason for everything and I do believe that god had made a personal choice in your life, I have 4 brothers and 1 sister who still smoke and I accept it's a personal choice, let me say this jen, there is one person in your life I believe that has not yet quit, the whole reason you and I are at this point, is maybe designed for a greater purpose, the messages in my stories are most important to me, but what will give me the greatest satisfaction if they end up making a difference,
God bless ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
aussiedaz - Grandma Ruby sounds like a wonderful person. I'm sure everyone who knew her was blessed. When I come upon a funeral procession, I never complain about the length of the line. Some people were very loved; how can you get angry at that? You were fortunate to have her for as long as you did.
Totally understand the two pair of shoes reference! I'm country, too. (Still feel that way about the 2 pair of shoes!) 😆
My daughter hasn't learned that...don't think she ever will!
Oh, I keep forgetting to mention. Love your obe stories! Never have done that. Would love to, although it'd probably scare the crap out of me!
And I keep forgetting to remind myself to look at the back of my hands when I'm dreaming. Since it's bedtime, I'm going to try really, really hard to do that tonight. I'll let you know if anything happens. Other than me falling asleep and not remembering to tell myself to look at my hands!
Marjie 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
DeviousAngel, she was a kind and incredible woman, they told me on the day she died, there were nurse's crying as much as our family, she was so so loved, even by those who only new her for a short while!...thank you D/A for your kind thoughts and I wish you and your family all the happiness in the world too.❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Miracles, I do miss her, but I thank god we did not loose her in 1972, it gave me 12 more years to benefit her love, actually she taught me how to make the best fruit salad... My kids love it,😁she also use to say, I felt bad because I never owned a pair of shoes, until I met a man with no feet!...,we were country folk way back, if you'd owned 2 pairs of shoes you were considered rich, her funeral was that large they had to stop traffic,
August, yeah there will be a little smile on my face if the good lord takes me then. Thank you for posting ❤
zeetha (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
It reminds me of my own Oma who died many years ago. I am not the one who easily cry, but she's one who can make me wept until now. God bless her and yours. Don't worry, one day you can meet her again. Like I always believe and told to my father on his deathbed. When our time comes, your loved ones will be there to pick you up. I asked my father to bring my Oma and my dog Renee to pick me up on my day. It makes my life easier and death is not something to be afraid of.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Aussie: You sure know how to write a tear-jerker!...This is such a nice story... I think it's so cool how you obe... Grammas are special people aren't they?...I remember the last time I saw my gramma on my Dad's side... She had been widowed for 20 years, and lived in an apartment complex for the elderly (with what she called "a bunch of old bitties"! 😆)...Every time anyone visited her it was like a fight to get out of the door... The last time though, I said "sorry Gramma, but I have to go", she said "I know you do"...Some how I knew in my heart that was the last time I would see her alive... I gave her the longest and tightest hug ever...

Ah, geez, you got me all teary eyed now!...

It's so nice when they let you know that they're going to be okay! 😊...

This is going in my favorites!...Thanks for posting it!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Aussie, your grandma reminds me of my grandma her name was Vera. The sweetest most loveable woman I have ever known. I understand that feeling of fear when they get sick not knowing what is going to happen to them. One time when my grandma was sick and in the hospital, I dreamt of my grandfather who already had passed and he told me he was going to take her with him. I flat out told him No you can't take her. I was not ready to give her up. She lived until she was 92 but she suffered dementia and couldn't remember who I was after a while. After my father had a heart attack from smoking (I agree, don't smoke) and came home from the hospital my grandma went in and didn't come back out. I believed that it was God making a trade with me he gave me back my father but took my grandma. We are so lucky to have had wonderful women like that in our lives.
God Bless Darren, and thanks for sharing this with us. 😊 ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Aussie, thank you for sharing your story. It was very touching and although sad, gives me some hope for the afterlife and our ability to let our loved ones know we still love them. Your grandma sounded like an incredibly good and kind individual, and I'm glad that you were able to receive this sign from her. I wish you and your family all the best in luck and love.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Aussiedaz, another wonderful story. You must miss Grandma Ruby something terrible.
I caught the "August" reference. It would be fitting, wouldn't it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: