You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Is Someone Hanging Over My Shoulders?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Someone Hanging Over My Shoulders?

 

I am 21 now and truthfully have had a very eventful life; my story begins when I was 17... I think that is the appropriate age. My little brother about the age 12 or 13 at the time and was in a little Boy Scout troop. They were assigned to go spend the night in the "blue ghost" or better known as the USS Lexington. It has washed on shore and is next to a few dead mines now. It holds a lot of history about World War 2. For those who don't know. It is a ship that has not been sunk once, or twice, but a astounding 7 times. Hence why it is called the "blue ghost". Well my parents could not come and be the "supervisor" there was one supervisor for each child. So being the older brother, I went. We spent our 6 hours driving there because we live in TX. When we finally got there, there were a good thousand or more people. When I showed up I just happen to ask the "leader" of the entire place if I was suppose to hang out with the kids in their beds or the adults in their beds, because the kids and adults were separated into different bunks. Well considering I wasn't a kid or an adult. He had the perfect thing for me. I did not know I was going to be chosen at the time. He picked me out of the thousand people there... Along with about 7-10 others. We were supposed to patrol this thing for "fire watch". Now for those who don't like scary things I would high recommend you stop reading this.

After the regular tour and daytime, night time fell and everyone went to sleep regularly... While firewatch, they got a little bit of an extra "behind the scene looks" We went into... The "restricted area" but of course we had some authority following. We went into the engine room and were showed some pretty cool stuff... We got to a room were they said they did amputations on soldiers if they needed it. There were still blood stains on the floor. They said they were never able to clean it up. They had brought us to the showers were they said men were showering before a torpedo blew a hole through that side of the ship probably killing a few dozen men. That's not what got me though... We finally came to the jail cell. They had about 3 small cells were they kept prisoners of war in. Keeping in mind most people that were in that cell they said died from starvation, ship sinking or so on and so forth. One of the people leading us asked us if it was scary. Me being myself said no, I would stand in there if I wanted to. So he dared me, and I did. That's when he proceeded to lock the gate shut a turn off the light... I don't know what happened... I was leaning against the wall of the jail and I felt tremendous pressure on my shoulders and a twisting feeling in my stomach. I couldn't move while my arms were crossed. I could not hear anything until they flipped the switches back on. It turned out they were laughing and the girl was slapping the guy for messing with me. Once again when it was time for us to climb up the shuttle to the first floor when I was climbing I was a little blurred and disoriented. I still feel that pressure, even to this day right on my shoulders. I have also noticed I chill very well I almost have an Icy touch most of the time.

Two years later I came across a dear friend. She was an Indian and supposedly healer of her tribe. She noticed that I was troubled because I seemed to look to the sky and something wasn't right by the way I looked at it. I never truly noticed why. So she did some chant on me. My mother was right next to me... When she got done she told me to look at the sky one more time and I saw a demon a skull with flames. I don't normally cry at anything. I did this time though. She told me to go to where I feel safest and I feel safest next to my little brother I feel a connection between us. So I sat there for hours next to his bed. When I came out she... Mixed some potions for me and told me the presence in me is so strong that she is scared. She also desperately wanted to baptize me. I know most of you wouldn't believe this I am a 5.11 man sitting about 140-150 I have taken martial arts to a black belt level, judo also. I also have military experience behind me. I just can't shake this feeling that I am carrying someone over my shoulders. I have also been having back problems as a lately.

Should I worry about this or not?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TopGunner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Heigne (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I remember that in some Japanese beliefs, the dead that you wronged are believed to sit on your shoulders, and you carry them around as punishment for your crime[without knowing they're there, of course].
I'm not saying you did something wrong, but maybe it could be someone you killed in a past life (if you believe in something like that)? Or the spirit could just be attached to you, as someone to let their anger out on. Just a suggestion, I don't really know what to make of that.
Good luck, hope it leaves you alone soon ♥
-Heigne
Ghost_Lover32 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
yeah you should cause if this man is causing you back problems then you should go see a doctor and I recommend getting a demonologist (its a guy who gets rid of demons and tells you what kind of demons are haunting you) and you should also get a priest to bless you so the ghost would leave you alone

Well if you have any other questions comment back:) ❤
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
o this happened to you before you were old enough to serve or what
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
Did you serve in the war iraq or afghanistan if so maybe something atached itself to you there
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Wow this IS eerily similar to what happened in Shutter. Not really sure what advice to give you, but Devious has outlined some things you can do. Best wishes and I hope you get better asap!
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
i definetley think you should see someone about this as some of the other's have suggested. Another thing this could be is what's called an elemental which as iam led to believe gains it's strength by and becomes more powerful by draining the strength of whoever it is attached too so definetley do see someone about this as you must get rid of this creature take care and keep me posted God bless...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
hmm. Interesting responses. I would take pachia's advice to shake this thing off your back. Sounds like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders, or that of an attached spirit.
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Well my cousin's job is to put banners during midnight. Last year, he experienced someone hold his feet and climb over his shoulder while he was on top of a tree to put the banner (during 2:00AM). Thinking it was his friend (putting the banner as well) said "hey we might fall down you know!" and looked at it but no one was even at the tree aside from him and his friend was on the ground. He ignored it, but he feels so heavy and it seems he was carrying twice his weight. After a few days of that uneasiness, he consulted someone (like you mention that can see or heal paranormal) and upon seeing, the man told him "let go of him! He will not carry you home". The man spoke some weird language and he feels normal after. Told him, a female ghost was tightly holding him at his back.
miss_pachia (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
It could be a Urban legends?... Maybe it just rumors. I don't know? Hehehe!
lipici (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
i know there was a scarry movie with ghosts and the guy felt heavy pressure on his shoulders all the time and it was a ghost or deamon sitting on his shoulders:|, I wish you good luck and hope you will get rid of it as soon as you can! Take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
miss_pachia, haha, I was wondering if someone might pick up on that. In Japanese folklore (Shutter is an American rendition of a Japanese horror story), if you feel a heavy pressure on your shoulders, particularly the left shoulder, you are being haunted. I wonder if there may be some truth to that legend.
miss_pachia (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Hmmm...sound like shutter to me If you watch the Thai Version of it. I must said they won't leave you alone. I'm actually a Christian so do you know any asian kids that are hmong? Maybe they can help you out and do some Shaman stuff on you. It kind of like witchcraft but it a powerful tool. We use to be Shaman way back then. Now we believe in God so we don't do those kind of thing anymore. If you do come across to find a Shaman asked them if they could perform a spiritual. It might sound creepy and weird but trust me it work and they'll do everything to get rid of what sitting on top of your shoulder. Sometime a Shaman can see what sitting on top you after there done. Like he might said it a girl or a boy and they can tell you what it look like. Creepy, right? But like I said it a powerful tools. Shaman are peaceful but remember If you had any other asian friend that are hmong they could help you out. I'm not sure If It work on different other races as will. It might work on you I don't know? Because we asian believe in supernatural and I don't know If you believe in witchcraft or other magic? If you need any help here my e-mail so you can contact me.
Australipencil [at] hotmail.com

-Love Australi Vang A.K.A Pachia
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I would firstly like to recommend that if you haven't already, you might want to see a physician and find out whether or not this problem could be explained by a medical condition. Back pain, coldness, a sort of prickly or tingly feeling... Those all are symptoms of potential medical conditions particularly having to do with poor circulation. It's always best to rule out the scientific before accepting the paranormal.

If you've already tried this or your doctor has no answer, it's very possible that this spirit may have attached itself to you. You can either choose to find out what it wants to help it move on, or to rid yourself of it completely. There are several methods to do that which many people here I'm sure will outline for you. The biggest thing is the power of positive thinking, and whatever method you try, really believe that it will work. Prayer, smudging, cleansing, baptism... Whatever you decide, believe in it. There are some people here with really good advice, and some with not-so-good advice, so try to use your best judgement.

If you would like, feel free to email me to discuss this further. My email is in my profile if you click on my name. 😊 Best of luck and love to you.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I would say to search your feelings, we know if we are ok or something is troubling us, that and the fact that you trust your friend's abilities (because I suppose you do?), I would try everything to get rid of whatever has attached to me! 😕

Cheers,

Claudia
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Yes I would be worried. Things like that are not good to see. I do not know what religon you are, but I highly suggest that you go to a church and speak with a preacher, preist which ever you wish to. Open the conversation with "I have a question, do you believe in spirits?" and go from there. If they say no, do not tell them. I pray for you, and I would do this ASAP because that spirit from what you have said is feeding off your enegry. It sounds like you picked something up while you were on the USS Lexington, and it might just be best to get rid of it. If you need any help or have questions I am always open for answers. My email is on my page, GOOD LUCK! 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: