You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Green Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Green Figure

 

This is an experience that has been bugging me for a long time, I have only told a few people about this and I usually get the same response (shrugging of the shoulders).

I am a 22 year old male and I have been living in Northern Ireland all my life.

This happened in my old house and I lived there for around 8-10 years, but this was kind of a one off thing, well it happened a few times.

The first time I was playing about with my friend upstairs and we heard a noise downstairs so we walked down carefully and heard footsteps (no one else was in the house), we shouted down asking who was there and we heard running like someone broke in heard us and ran out of the house, but we were in the hall and we heard the running like it was going past us out of the house, we both didn't know what to make of it and were freaked out.

The second part is the one that always sends shivers down my spine every single time I think about it.

I was alone in the house one day and heard a noise, so I went out of the living room and when I went into the hall I could see this green figure in the bathroom, it was looking in the mirror and it turned its head to look at me, so I ran out of the house and I called my friend. When he came over he wouldn't believe me until the neighbours cat went into the house and within a few seconds came out really fast screaming. My friend started to believe me and then when we backed up a bit I saw the same green figure again upstairs in my parent's room and so did my friend and after we saw it the figure closed the curtains.

Hope someone can help me out on this it has been freaking me out all my life.

Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxmattxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
What did the green figure look like? Could you see it's face? If you could answer back to be that would be great, best of luck ❤
xxmattxx (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Sorry it took so long to get back.
I really just need help understand what it is, why it was there and why it only happened those two times, but then a few months after that we moved out of the house.
I couldn't make out what it was wearing it was like a blur.
Also my parents came back about 15 minutes later, I told them and seeing as I was that young they didn't believe me but they went into the house and there was nothing.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
I haven't read any other comments but I shall. So forgive me if I repeat someone else. So what is it exactly that you need help with? I don't fully understand? If this happened so long ago what can any of us do for it now? I'm not trying to be rude but I'm a little confused on what it is you would like any of us to do? Please clarify for me so I can find out if I can be of any help. Or am I just missing it? Lol! Well anyway thanks for sharing & bless you & yours.

~~LSD~~
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Whereabouts in Norn Iron exactly?

Could probably safely say it's not a Leprechaun, not in the occupied territory anyway 😜
buckle123 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
something exactly like what Trudy44 said happened to me. I will post it some other time, though 😠
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Ah do not worry about these beings, they aren't harmful or evil. They aren't humans either. There is no actual name for these beings. Let's just call them Green spirits.
Someone's Angel tells me this.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Hee hee hee. It made me laugh out loud when I read the part about " When he came over he wouldn't believe me until the neighbours cat went into the house and within a few seconds came out really fast screaming." I could just picture a cat doing that. It sounds like he got slimed!
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Dear XXMatix,

Please don't think that I'm mocking you when I say maybe you saw a leprechaun spirit. I think that the spirit world is gigantic and that there are all kinds of spirits. When I was 11 I lived in Germany and to this day I believe that I saw an elf, he was dressed in brown and he was about 10 inches tall. I am now 44 years old and I have never taken illegal drugs neither have I abused prescription drugs. ❤
Seriousghouls (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
yeah what else did he have like in detail. Is he still there try getting a preist or at least get a background on the house like any cemetaries near by or any murders something like that 😐
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Matt,

Agree-more details please. How tall, what clothes, is it otherwise normal except color?

Anything else every happen there?

Are you still there?
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
More than one credible reference about supernatural manifestations describes a greenish color associated with naughty entities. Typically this is a yellowish green--not a lovely forest nor hunter green. If you can find a copy of the book "Initiation" by Elisabeth Haich, a learned occultist of great renown, you will find her description there toward the middle of the book where she speaks of a yellow-greenish entity in an upstairs room where her infant was sleeping, her struggle with it and her victory with it in the end.

Oddly, this color of yellowish green is depicted in fiction film as well which I think may speak to its prevalence as a color of entities from the dark side--perhaps even at the level of the collective unconscious as per Jung. If you see the film "Something Wicked This Way Comes" you will see a depiction of the like.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Well, I assume this is your parent's house as well, isnt?, I would tell them about that green figure, perhaps some sort of cleansing?...in any event, hope everything goes well...

Cheers,

Claudia
WiztipskiMor (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Can you describe the green figure a bit more? Also what happened after the figure closed the curtains? Not doubting that you saw something unusual, but it could be so many possibilities at the moment, could even be one of those little fellas who's come north across the border!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: