You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Warning and the Baby's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Warning and the Baby's Ghost

 

This story has two parts, and I have to tell both, or the second wouldn't make sense. They involve my adult cousins. My cousin, Jen, is married and has two kids. Her husband's name is Tom and her kids' names are Tommy, 6, and Diana, 4.

My first story takes place about a year ago. One night, Tom and Jen has just put their kids to bed. When they first bought their house, it had two bedrooms, but then they had Tommy, then Diana, so they built a bedroom in their attic. The steps lead to their bedroom, which is the only room upstairs. Jen was sleeping, and Tom was just falling asleep. Their bed faces the door, and Tom had the feeling he was being watched. He opened his eyes and his mom was standing by the door... But that made no sense... His mom was dead... He got up, and walked towards the door. When he reached it, two things happened; his mom disappeared, and he smelled smoke. Immediately, he opened the door and headed downstairs. It turns out their dishwasher was broken and had started to smoke and catch fire. If their "visitor" hadn't arrived, their home would have burned.

The next story takes place much more recently. My Uncle John (Tommy and Diana's grandpa) says Diana, my younger cousin, refuses to enter her room without the TV on. When they ask why not, she always says, "IT is there!" and points to a corner in her wall. It's a blank corner nowhere near her closet, with no posters or toys or borders on it. She points higher to the ceiling. At night, she doesn't go to sleep alone without the TV on, and then, when her parents turn the TV off, she comes back up in their room.

I'm not really sure what could be bothering Diana, but my family and I have a somewhat strong belief in ghosts. What do you think?

Other hauntings by Daisy_Pink13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daisy_Pink13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teganbridges (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
were is the baby's ghost part of it becuase I could not see it:/? 😕
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Maybe, maybe. So many of these sad stories are crystal clear. This one isn't. May be demonic, and may be something else, psychological or even a deceased human soul. Just in case, it never hurts to sprinkle (Catholic) Holy water and invoke Jesus' name, along with Mary & St. Michael the Archangel. If it's a human soul, it would not flee. If demonic, it would. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
this reminds me of what my friend Lu was talking about with her younger siblings, and her neice, she said she only caught a glimps of it once, when drifing to sleep in the same room. It was in the corner, up close to the ceiling, she said it was a bit blurry to her, but the way her little brother, sister, and niece described it, it was a type of monkey with red eyes. She was telling me about this and other things she's ran into when she was over in California. Does she ever say what it is, or describes it any?
Naira (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
Hi! I believe Diana might be seeing something. Whether she is or not, is not the issue for you (at least not yet). The issue should be "why is she scared or bothered by it?"
Normally (and I don't mean to scare you, I just speak for myself and my own experience), whenever you feel SCARED, it means there is a reason to be so. In my language we say "fear is not stupid". Whatever it is, it probably can't hurt her, but if she is scared, maybe it's angry.
You should try and research the house, or as someone said before me, place a tape recorder or camera, to see what sows up. In any case, ask Shane about quarz cristals (very good for protection).
Peace be with you, and good luck!
Nai.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
It is quite possible Diana is seeming 'something' or hearing'something ' from that area of her bedroom. Place a tape recorde in there or a video camera. This may capture somethin if it is there.

It may also be that Diana is simply used to and comfortable with sound and light as offered by the television. It may feel comforting to her.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Great Story!
I might have a conclusion to this, just let me if you're interested.

Take care and God bless,
Shenny.
VolatileGuitarist (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
My mom told me that all kids can see spirits, and the main reason we don't see them to this day is because our parents would deny the fact that something was present.

And a nice story about Tom's mom appearing, I'm no expert, but it seems to me that it was a miracle in a sense. The supernatural coming back to help the ones they love. 😁
Bie (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Nice story and well written! But I didn't understand the 2nd story. 😕 😊

Peace, Love and Happiness!
Bie
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
thanks for telling this yea kids can see things so I say they did see a ghost. Some people out grow it and some dont. You say tom seen his mom she was letting him know about the fire it was good she did come to them.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Nice! I mean... Not the happennings. But the story. I do think Dianna is seeing ghosts. Little kids don't play much like that. It's also possible she's a psychic. I would ask her about it.

Good luck! -Kirby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: