You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghosts And Demons

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghosts And Demons

 

I don't really know where to start. This is my first post; I came on here looking for a place to tell my story. Firstly, my name is Sarah. I live in Alberta Canada, and I am almost 19 years old.

When I was younger I had two divorced parents. My younger brother and I would stay with our mother during the week and with our father during the weekends. I didn't like my father's house. It was a four level house and I did not like to go on the bottom two floors. The basement always scared me for some reason, maybe because there were no windows. I always had a feeling that something was watching me when I went into the basement. My dad, stepmom, and brother all slept upstairs on the top floor, while I had my own room on the third level down. My first experience happened when I was about eight years old.

I woke up one night and I was sleeping on the floor of my brother's room. I don't know why I was there or how I got there. I was scared and the house was dark so I ran downstairs as fast as I could back to my bedroom. Now this only happened for a mere few seconds but I still remember it 11 years later. My body was still in my bed. Something was wrong, I don't know what happened but my body was lying in my bed as usual. I ran back down into my bedroom and jumped back into my bed. That one second I was jumping into my bed, I saw it. I woke up the next morning and could not believe if it had been a dream or not. My brother had rearranged the furniture in his room the night before and I remember observing it when I woke up on his floor. When I went up to his bedroom I could not believe it. The furniture was moved to where I had seen it. I told my mother about my experience and she said that there were stories similar to other people. My stepmom said I had a dream. Maybe I did, but I still remember jumping into my bed and seeing my body lying there. I remember it, dream or reality.

Years went by and everything went along normally. When I was 12 years old my mother passed away from cancer and I remember lying under the covers that night crying. I remember I sat up and pulled the blanket down and across my bed, sitting there was my mother. My heart just raced and I did not believe what I was seeing. I was dreaming, I had to be imagining it. She looked the same way she always did. She looked over at me and I threw the covers over my head and cried again. I refused to pull the blanket down, I was scared to death. When I finally came around to coming out from hiding, my mother was gone. I have not seen her since.

As I grew up into my teen years I felt really lost and confused. There were so many experiences I cannot even explain. Every once in awhile I would feel a strange energy pass by. Sometimes it would feel good, and sometimes it would feel bad. There have been a few rare cases where I have seen people, ghosts as you would call them. We went camping one weekend and I needed to kill some time, so I found a playground with some swings. There was a little girl sitting in the dirt, digging with her hands. I swung around on the swings for awhile and then the girl approached me and asked "can I swing too?" I said "Sure", and she got on the swing and slowly swung back and forth. She was a sweet little girl, maybe six or seven years old. She had dark brown hair down to her shoulders and she was wearing a dress. I started to swing higher and higher until I was flying maximum capacity on the swing set. I saw my brother come across the field and he jumped onto the swing beside me. I looked down to see where the little girl went. She was gone. There was no way she could have taken off to the campsites so fast. I said to my brother "Did you see that little girl?" and he said "no... Is that your imaginary friend?" How strange... Even to this day someone will walk by and vanish. It does not happen very often, maybe a few times a year.

From the time I was around 10 years old to my age now; I have always been good at predicting things. I have been able to see cases before they happen. Sometimes they come to me in my dreams and sometimes they come a split second before happening. I had a dream one night about my best friend's mother getting into a car accident on the date of May 16th. I told her about my strange dream and she laughed about it and told her mother. This happened weeks before the date, and every day or two we would bring it up and say "May 16th is coming" and laugh. May 17th my friend met me at school with this horrified look on her face. I asked her what the problem was, and she told me her mother did in fact get into a car accident the day before. She was not hurt but the car had to be replaced. I thought that was a little strange but then the predictions continued and they were very accurate. I started to watch who wants to be a millionaire without reading the questions, and I would try to see the answer. In my head, the box would flash the right answer and every time I would be correct. It was amazing, I thought it was so neat, but I never spoke about it anyone. I had a feeling that if I made a deal about, I would lose the ability. If someone noticed, I would laugh and say "It's just a coincidence".

When I was about 16 years old, my family went on another trip to stay in a cabin in BC. It was a large cabin but I still had to share a room with my brother. It was a huge room with two separate beds on each side. One night when I was sleeping I woke up and felt that something was going to happen. I looked around the room and although I could not see anything I felt something very dark heading my way. I tried to relax, but it was something I had never felt before. I suddenly heard something in the wall beside me. I cannot explain this sound. If you have ever heard it you will know what I am talking about. It's a quiet sound, almost like whispers and low humming. I cannot explain it. There are no words to explain the noise. I turned my head and saw a dark figure emerging from the wall at the foot of my bed. All I could see was a large shadow. I was horrified and I could not move. All I could think was "I'm dreaming, look away, and don't let it see you". But I was too late. It slowing drifted towards my face and I felt it grab my hair, keeping my head in place. It was a shadow, and it had very long arms and fingers. The second I felt it hold me down I panicked and leaped out of my bed towards the light switch. I flicked it on and looked back at my bed. The demon was gone. My heart was pounding and I felt sick with fear. I just stared at the wall until my brother woke up and said "what the hell are you doing?" I just shook it off and said "nothing" and returned back to bed.

Two weeks later we returned home and I was sleeping again. I felt something coming again and heard the noise in the wall. My heart pounded and I thought maybe I should turn the light on before it comes. I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I tried to lift the covers up but I couldn't. I couldn't move. I saw something dangling from the ceiling above me. I tried to get a closer look; I think it was a snake. It dangled and lurked closer to my head. Once again I started to panic and I tried to forcefully pull myself up. I couldn't and I saw the snake coming closer and closer. I wanted to scream but my voice would not let me. I felt my whole room fill with darkness and I was scared to death. Eventually I got up and I ran straight to the light switch. The switch was not there. I desperately tried to find it but it was no luck. I went to the door but again, I could not find the way out. I ran my hands up and down the wall frantically searching for a way out, I didn't dare look behind myself. I cried and cried and finally the door opened. I ran down the hall into the living room and turned on the lights. I sat on the couch and watched TV for the rest of the night.

Days went on and I could feel the wall demon passing by. I remember it pushing me, and one time during the day I felt something shove me hard into the wall. I fell over and looked up but nothing was there. I screamed "LEAVE ME ALONE". Some nights I felt like my body was being controlled by something else. There is something about the moon that casts a spell on me. When I am outside during the night I feel as though I become possessed. It's not a scary feeling; I do not fear anything when I am in this state. I feel like all the spirits are calling to me and guiding me. I cannot speak and I cannot control my body, and I admit this makes me very uneasy, but nothing bad has ever happened from this. One night my body took me outside in the middle of the night and it made me walk into the forest and stare at the sky until morning. As my body returned back home I could feel myself control my body again and I would usually run back home and keep quiet about it. I would not be comfortable walking into a forest by myself in the middle of the night. I would never do this, ever. But when I am in this state I feel safe and protected.

A strange thing I noticed in the last couple of years is that I cannot go into a hospital anymore. I spent a lot of time in them when I was visiting my mother, and something gives me the feeling that something happened. If I go into a hospital my head starts to spin and I feel like the whole building is rocking back and forth. I can feel so much energy moving back and forth it's unbearable. I can hear so many voices and so many figures fly in and out of the walls. I don't like hospitals and I try to avoid them from now on. I am fine anywhere else. I am fine in the mall, I am fine in a clinic, and I am fine in a downtown building. It only happens when I am in a hospital.

To this day I still see figures moving all over the place. It's been quite a while since anything interesting has happened. I moved out of home into my own apartment and from time to time I will hear a loud bang or hear something fall over in the kitchen. I always see something walk by in the night and it makes me jump and turn the light on. I am comfortable knowing that there are many other people in the building and I can always believe that the noises are coming from next door. I have felt very safe the last year and I believe that my mother is watching over me. I do fear that something will start up again in the future. I don't know when. I don't know what is going to happen but it leaves my heart fearing what will come next?

I know a lot of this is hard to believe and I am not writing this to make it believable. I have nothing to prove it, but I swear that everything I have said is true. I know there is much more in this world that we cannot explain. Some of us were given the gift to see these paranormal occurings, while I would say some of us were given the gift not to. I felt I had to write down my story somewhere. I would feel much more comfortable knowing that there are others out there experiencing the same thing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fuzzypeaches, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheNetherlands (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
I hope you are fine and find some peace and that you can accept your gift and deal with it.

May luck be with you, ❤
Victoira (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
okay girl, really that's freaking awesome!
it would freak the hell out of mee but I wish I could see that. Oh and I have have de-ja-vue also. But about simple things like conversations I'm going to have, where I'm going to be driving to, who with, things like that. I can't make it happen its just random. Only when I sleep though. I believe you. Like I could have seen it a year ago but when it happens I remember I've seen it before. Call me crazy but its true. I've also had visits from relatives even though there dead. I can't remember after, my mom hears me talking and listens. I'm asleep when all this happens, my mom hears and tells me after. 😊
darkQueen (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
maby you should help the ghosts you have the gift from god to help others pass by 😉 you are lucky you are not afraid becus I woud be lol
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Sarah, you do have a gift and it is a divine gift from God Himself. The gift is a supernatural gift but probably not given to you to predict game show answers or write ghost stories. If you really want to know what to do with your gift, pray and ask God to reveal to you His purpose for choosing you for the gift. If you use your gift for God's glory, He will bless you and others through you beyond measure. This is why you are having trouble figuring out what to use the gift for. God will make it clear to you if you ask Him in Jesus name. If you choose not to use your gifts for God they can be confusing and may lead you in the wrong direction. You do not have to be a priest or missionary to use your God-given gifts, just pray and ask Him to show you and He will lead you to many blessings.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Hi Sarah wow they are a lot of experiences you definitely seem to have a few gifts. Sorry for the loss of your mum that would have been very hard to bare, as koalagirl mentioned she is still with you, and prayer and faith can help you a great deal if you ever feel threatened.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
hi thankyou for sharing your story, psalm 23 is the prayer for protection, maybe you cansay it when you feel these bad things around you or the our father in your head or out aloud, hope you are ok, I am so sorry about your mum I lost my dad to cancer 16 years ago it must be hard to lose your mum, but believe me your mum is still around, if you want read my story about dad, thankyou foryour story.cdi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: