You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Haunted In-laws Home

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted In-laws Home

 

My mother in-law has to be one of the most unlucky people I have met... She had 10 kids 6 of them died two died drowning one of a brain damage, one at birth another at two weeks old and another son burned in a car and to top it off her husband died of a heart attack in their bathroom. She's the strongest person I have ever met. She has told me of several incidences in her home that she has been woken up during the night by her dead family members and they have spoken to her, not realizing until morning that they were dead and gone. She hears glass being smashed and things falling but nothing ever does and many more things that she isn't afraid of.

I first meet her son when I was 17 shortly after his brother died in a car accident and fell instantly in love. His mother would often go away to her daughters place for weeks at a time which is 10 hours away. I would go visit him and I started to notice weird things going on. One night in November my boyfriend was in the kitchen and my sister and I were in the living room watching TV when the lamp next to the TV turned on all by its self, I didn't get scared at first but it's when I went to turn it back off I got a scare it wasn't plugged in and it was an old lamp it had to be plugged in to turn on. So I screamed and my boyfriend came in to see what was wrong I told him what happened and he just unscrewed the light bulb and said "don't worry that's just my brother or my dad trying to scare you" I said "what do you mean" he said" it's not the first time these things happen here"...

So I told my mother-in-law about what happened when she was gone she started to laugh and she said don't worry worse things than that happened in here and just when she said that the table stated to shake and a napkin holder flew off the stove onto the floor. I was so scared I left. I go to the house now and then but never to sleep there.

Other hauntings by lilmama

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilmama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
why should they need "evidence". Sounds like they already know something is there. Convincing other people does not sound like something they "need".
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
That's terrible that so many dire things happened to one family, but if I lived near by and had the proper equipment, a ghost hunters paradise. You could finally get all of the needed evidence for even the nay sayers for the existence of the afterlife. She needs to get in touch with the "ghost hunters" or some one reputable like that. Not those kids from that college though. They're kind of a joke.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: