You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Roses For The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

Roses For The Dead

 

My name is Ryan and I am part of a small group of P.I.s called S.C.O.P.E.

Yesterday (March 23, 2010) I, along with my partner Clayton, decided that we were going to venture out to Southern California's Rancho Santa Margarita River in Fallbrook to investigate the much- hyped Gale Bridge. Now, for those who have not heard of the place, it is supposedly not only haunted but life threatening past nightfall. I've heard this claim from numerous websites and to be honest, was quite frightened by it. But, being the sometimes thick- headed and always curious person that I am, we decided to check it out.

Our trip began at 3:30 in the afternoon from Lake Elsinore, CA. We got on the I-15 south and got off at Mission Road / old highway 365. From there, we headed right on Mission and eventually came to Willow Glen Road. From there, it's a park and hike mission. We arrived at approximately 6:30, after eating and prepping. Our investigation began much like all the others, what with smoking a cigarette to settle our nerves and loading the video camera with new batteries. I said a small prayer and we were off.

As we began approaching the area that would eventually lead to the bridge, it was hard to shake the feeling of being incessantly watched by numerous people. It felt similar, as Clayton puts it, to walking along a crowded sidewalk. You don't really know anybody and you're kind of just following the flow of traffic, as it were. Around 90 feet from the bridge, there is a small growing site for what appeared to be rosebushes, which I found extremely odd, considering the fact that the area backs up to a mountain. We passed through and almost like clockwork, a violent wrenching feeling begins in my stomach. We stop and try to assess our situation.

I say to Clayton "I feel really sick, dude. It's like my insides are on fire". He informs me he is in the same boat. So we decided to turn around and leave, due to the feeling of intense nausea and foreboding. However, we did not leave without a small fight. As we were walking away, I decided to take a shot at an EVP on my cell phone while Clayton cross- referenced me on our DXG digital camera. We did our usual bit and were off. Immediately, a sense of relief set in. But it was minute, kind of like 'well, you got out of the fire, but you're still burnt' kind of feelings. I flipped on my headlights and began to pull onto the main road, and then I noticed something interesting. On my windshield, maybe two inches above eye-level, was the word "GO" written in chicken scratch- handwriting by what appeared to be a child's finger. Taking heed to the apparent warning, I sped off. About half a mile later, a highway patrol officer, lights flashing, sped by us. If not for the warning on my windshield, I believe we would have been caught and charged with trespassing. Not serious, I know, but still. So we began our journey to Carl's Jr. To check out our evidence...

Other hauntings by R_Bellegrave

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, R_Bellegrave, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
i searchhed this on bing still nothing... I can't seem to find this bridge thing... Nothing at all only your story pops out... Nothing more weird and you said it pops up on numerous websites... Wich are these websites then?
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
You said you heard that this bridge was not only haunted, but life threatening after dark, and that you had read this on many websites...well, I did a search of this bridge on Google and only came up with YOUR story! You said:"I've heard this claim from numerous websites"...can you please give me the URLs of these numerous websites? Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: