You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Roses For The Dead 2

Real Ghost Stories

Roses For The Dead 2

 

So we pulled up and parked in the parking lot of the Oceanside Carl's J and ordered some food. After eating, we went out to my car and began reviewing my cell phone recording. For some reason beyond my comprehension, EVPs work more often on my phone. It's interesting... Anyhow, we start with the most recent. At about a minute and thirty seconds, I ask "Why are our lives in danger out here after dark?" and swiftly get the response "Stay away from the water" by what sounds to be a young woman. Aside from that, we didn't really get anything else of paramount importance. As we drove away after reviewing all of our evidence and video, I peered up to see the 'g' on GO had became a 4. It now read '40'. I figured it was just my windows defrosting and carried on driving.

This next part sounds a bit far- fetched, but I swear it's true. I'll post a picture.

We get back to Highway 76 towards the freeway, and as we're driving, I feel a hand brush through the back of my hair. I swerve to slap it away and Clayton, being a bit woken up from the sudden bad driving spell, says "What was that about?" I told him and he was a bit spooked out by it. We drive on and I pull up on a car whose driver must have been 65 or so. He was driving fast and then, without warning, he'd slam his brakes. I pull back a bit. I noticed, maybe a bit tongue in cheek, that his last two characters on his license plate read "40". I point it out to Clayton and he says keep your distance. As we begin to turn on the freeway, Mr. 40 in front of me hits his brakes again, and I go to tap mine. Nothing. They suddenly kick back to life and stop me less than 2 feet from the back of Mr. 40's car. Coincidence? Possibly. Try dispelling THIS one, though.

While at the site of the bridge, Clayton found a bamboo walking stick and decided to bring it along. It was clearly modified to be a walking stick, with a handle and a distinct shape. He brought into my car and left it in the back seat. While driving, he asks me "Do you feel a burn on your back?" and I swear, as he asked me, I did. We finally get to his cousins house. As we stepped out of my car, I told him to take the stick out. It was kind of giving me bad vibes. So he obliged and we walked in to recount our story to his girlfriend, his cousin and his cousin's wife. We tell our tale and go relax in his cousin's lounge. As we're watching a movie on his computer, I feel something similar to what I imagine being stabbed feels like in my lower back. I cry out and stand up. I lift my shirt and say "Something just scratched me" and I hear Clayton say, "Oh my God dude. There is a giant cut across your back" We rush inside to show the others and come to the unanimous decision to burn the walking stick.

As we did, I felt better. A lot, lot better... So anyways, that's my story. It's all true. Thoughts?

Other hauntings by R_Bellegrave

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, R_Bellegrave, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
its sad when spirits don't move on after they die. It sounds like there are multtiple spirts trapped around this bridge proboly more good ones beiing bound there by one or a few bad ones even demonic ones. The feeling of nausia is a bad sign but good in a way. Its good because you know that something there doesn't want you there and is warning you to leave. Spirits can emmit strong emotions that could make you feel this way or maybe the person or persons that died there felt that emotion right before they died in a bad circumstance maybe. If the spirits there are strong enough to contact you physically and violently I don't think you should go back there. And I think you shouldnt burn stuff you find there because sometimes that's bad luck and can leave you open to attacks from more bad spirits
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Fellow Californian! I live in Corona, so Lake Elsinore is not that far away from me. 😊

Trespassing is serious business...I'd be careful with that if I were you. I think I'd almost rather deal with life-threatening ghosties than a hefty fine and possible jailtime. The living can sometimes be scarier than the dead. ESPECIALLY because of the economy, cops are out in full force right now.

I think it's possible that the numbers were coincidence, but I wonder at the meaning of the scrawl if it weren't tied into the possible accident. But then, if the spirits by the bridge were malevolent, why go out of their way to help you? Hm...

You should really post your pictures and EVP up on here. If you email one of the moderators, they could do it for you. I'd love to see what you got anyway, so if you wouldn't mind, my email address is in my profile.
foulhabits (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Hey man I live in vista off of east vista way, and that bridge is like 7 minutes driving from my apt. I also posted a story that happened 3-28-10 at the gas station on east vista way and bobier intersection. Check it out. I also heard of the bridge supposed to be haunted. Weird.
FraulineLecker (1 stories) (20 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Hi! Dude 😉 lol

This is really interesting story!...I admire your courage and your braveness... Imagine that "40" is a sign that something will happen that has a link to it! Which is the plate # the other hippy dude driving...
But anyways I'm happy that you and your friend are ok!

I would really love to see the pictures your friend took and also to hear the EVP's
Do you think it's possible?

Waiting for your reply

Take Care!
Frauline
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I've recently become more suspect of "EVP" as someone pointed out how easy it is for the recorder to pick up things your ear does not. As an electrical engineer, and a parent who's child hears and sees better than I do, this is completely understandable to me.

It's entirely reasonable for someone to say what you recorded near the beach.

I am usually not a skeptic... I very much would like to know more about what happened in the rest of your story. I've seen other accounts of scratches burning, and other weirdness. Since you seem to be active in ghost hunting, it would be little wonder that you get what you ask for... And more.
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Way cool 2-part story. I agree, it really does sound like the ghost lady was trying to help you and she - or someone else - was trying to keep you from getting an arrest record! Trespassing is serious enough. Yeah, if you can post the EVP's, that would be great! Maybe you could name it Roses for the Dead EVP's, so we know which posting to look for. Thanks for the stories!

~ Watersprite
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Very interesting story. Sounds like you and your friend had quite a memorable night. It could be that there was a female spirit at the bridge that night that felt the need to warn you of these events. You mentioned that you caught an EVP and had some photos. I hope you are able to post them as I and I'm sure a lot of others here would love to see them. Thank you for sharing this with us. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: