You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mr. Nothing

Real Ghost Stories

Mr. Nothing

 

I was maybe a little older than seven years old when I saw my first ghost. It was early Easter morning. Two or three in the morning. It was cold outside, so I had wrapped myself in the warmest blankets in the house. I was startled awake by a sudden draft, so this came to a surprise to my young mind. My blankets were still covering my whole body, including my head. So, I peeked out from under the covers towards the window. Nothing. It was locked tightly shut. I turned to my other side and peeked out towards the door. There was a man in white standing there, watching me. I quickly covered my head with the blankets. I waited several minutes and checked again. He was still there. I did this several times, finding that he was watching me each time. Finally I gathered the courage and attentively said, "Hello." He nodded, a smile visible on his shadowed face.

Freaked out, I covered my face back up and waited before looking at him again. He was gone. I sat up and looked around my room and checked the hallway. Nothing. He was nowhere to be seen. I closed my door quietly and slept peacefully until my parents woke me up to check and see what the Easter Bunny had left me and my sister (who was going to be three that June).

I told my dad what I had seen that night and he said it was just a dream. I told my mom and she said it was my overactive imagination. When my sister was twelve and I was seventeen, I told her and she said she had seen him, too. She said, that he's very nice and used to play games with her. She also said that she called him "Mr. Nothing" and that he liked to walk down our hallway on rainy days, making the floor squeak. She told me that she hasn't seen him since she was six or seven years old, but she knows that he's still there. "He likes to protect us." she said to me. I knew that it was true. Whenever I was frightened or paranoid, a familiar coolness would set in and the fear or paranoia would vanish.

My sister and I talk to him sometimes, when either of us is home alone. My sister, who is now a stereotypical blonde, recently told me that she had seen him again. "He's still here, you know." she told me. I nodded. I had caught flashes of white in reflections from windows and mirror and from quick glances past things. I heard him walk through the hallway and knock on the roof. And I've felt him watching and protecting me.

I often wonder who Mr. Nothing really is. I wonder about his family. I wonder if he had any daughters like me and my sister. I wonder if he likes to write, like I do.

I don't know much about him or his life, but I do know that every time I return home and say; "I'm home, Mr. Nothing!" He'll reply with three knocks on the roof.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, infidelityoncrank, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
This is so nice! We have a family member at home, too; and we named her Lucy.:) She's a funny ghost, though. It's nice to see that some people do have their own "Casper"s.:P

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story!
jessy_tor3 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Aww what a cool story. It's nice to see stories like these happen, it proves that all paranormal aren't mean or creepy. ❤
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Thats so cool I'm at my grandparents house and I feel one ghost tap my shoulder another watch me as I sleep and touch my hand and another well...breathe. Thats so cool you have Mr. Nothing, what a friendly spirit.
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
my house has ghosts to. I don't know if there is more than one, I think so. When we first moved in it was a typical haaunting me and my mom and her friends who were staying with us heard things and saw things, scary things. The ghost growled all night and it ran down the hallway and followed my mom in her room. Now I don't know if the ghost got used to me and my mom and likes us now or there has always been another good spirit in my hose but although the ghost in m house scares me sometimes, othertimes when I'm scared or sick I feel the safest in my moms room where the hauntings used to be the most strong. I like to think its the same spirit that's nice now so there's not another bad spirit still somewere in my house.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Do you know the history of the home/land? That might be a start to finding out more about this.

Also: where in IL did this take place (if not too personal). I reside in Illinois and love hearing about possible haunts in the area.
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
thats cool that you have a friendly ghost to keep you company... I kind of have the same thing but instead of seeing my ghost, I can feel it by means of a cold draft that will linger around me or sit on my lap. Whenever I feel nervous or paranoid this spirit, ghost or being will come around and calm me down. My girlfriend has named it pookie since I don't exactly know what its name really is

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: