You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Red Eyes And Demonic Laughter

Real Ghost Stories

Red Eyes And Demonic Laughter

 

I never really was religious, so I didn't know what I was seeing, or why. The truth is I've been seeing the Shadows ever since I could remember. They always looked human, taller than I was, but they were on the wall, like a shadow that doesn't care which direction the sun is shining. No one ever really believed me when I told them what I can see, so I kept it to myself. Up until last year, the Shadows had generally left me alone.

The first time I saw a Shadow that wasn't in a room on the wall was at a friend's house about two years ago. My friend, Sara, lives in a fairly new subdivision, with an empty block right across the street. In the middle if the block, there used to be an old oak tree, but the city cut it down when they were building the homes.

Around 10.30p.m, we were sitting on a hammock in Sara's front yard. I got the feeling like I was being watched. I looked over towards the empty block, and my heart almost stopped. I could see the old oak, right where it used to be, and under it was a figure. From far away, it looked human, but there was something I didn't trust about it. Sara noticed that I had stopped talking and looked to where I was staring at. She couldn't see it, but she felt uneasy. When the figure started moving towards us, I could see it getting taller and taller. Finally I had had enough, and took Sara's hand and ran into her house, locking the door behind us. Something in my mind had told me that I needed to get into the living room, where the statue of Mary was. That night I had nightmares that the figure had caught us, and the last thing I saw before I woke up was glowing red eyes. I haven't gone outside Sara's house at night since then.

A year later, in the middle of my sophomore year, I was dating this guy named Daniel. Daniel's family is very religious, his father is a pastor in another town and his older sister is the youth pastor at our church. One night, around three in the morning, I was texting him, and I saw a Shadow standing at the edge of my bed. I had this strong feeling to tell Daniel what I was seeing, but I ignored it and went to sleep. The next morning, I woke up with scratches across my back. I tried to make myself believe that I had done this in my sleep, but a voice in my head would snidely comment, "You sleep on your back."

At school, I told Daniel what had happened. I almost cried when he told me that he believed me! Daniel said that what I was seeing were "night-terrors", also known as demons. I remember asking him why was last night the first time the demon had ever attacked me. Daniel wasn't sure, but he thought that the demon didn't like me talking to him, because it didn't want me to ask God for help.

Later that day, I was talking to Daniel's dad. He asked me about my past, so I told him about how my biological mother didn't take care of me or my brother, how she was addicted to drugs and gambling, spending my dad's checks at casinos instead of paying the bills (Thankfully, when I was four, they divorced and my dad remarried an amazing and wonderful woman who I'm proud to call mom). Daniel's dad thought that when my biological mother was still pregnant with me, she created a doorway through which the demons came through and decided to stick with me. He told me how I can ask God to protect me, to keep me safe from the demons, but I had to be willing to let Jesus in my heart and declare Him as my Master and Savior. I decided to ask God that night when I got home.

Daniel's dad drove me home, and I walked into my room, determined to get rid of this demon. Unfortunately, as soon as I walked into my room, everything went to hell, no pun intended. There were shadows everywhere, they knew what I was planning to do, and they were going to stop me. What scared me the most was that I could hear them laughing. It was the kind of laughter that comes from a soul that enjoys watching people suffer, laughter so full of anger and hatred, I was afraid that if one of them touched me, I would be so overwhelmed that I would be blown to dust, and the last thing that I would ever hear would be that awful laughing.

Forgetting everything I had been told, I dropped to my knees and began to beg God to make it all stop, make them go away, to take my fear of the demons and turn it into to strength so I could fight them. After a couple minutes of my frantic pleading, everything was suddenly quite. I opened my eyes and saw a dark, solid figure sitting on my bed. A kind of glow was surrounding him, and inside his silhouette were small dancing blue lights, the kind you see after you've rubbed your eyes. As I watched, the figure got off my bed and came over next to me. I immediately felt calm. I looked around, and noticed most of the demons were gone, and the ones that remained were being attacked by more dancing blue lights. When the shadows left, the lights faded, and the figure went back to my bed and sat down. I stood up, walked over to my bed, and stared at the figure until it also left. Unlike the lights, this figure didn't fade away. I don't know how else to explain this, so I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense, but it was there one moment, and then suddenly gone.

Ever since then, I haven't had any more trouble with demons. I still see them, but their always far off, and never try and get close to me. Daniel says I have very strong "Spirit Eyes", something he says he would love to have. I don't agree with him, because the things I saw, felt, and heard were so terrifying. What I have is something that sounds exciting and cool to the people who can't see the demons, the people who have never heard a demon's laugh. I'm grateful for this gift, and I hope I can use it to help others, but at the same time, I'm fearful of it. I'm scared of what I might see if I fully devote myself to God. I'm afraid that one day, the last thing I'll see is those red eyes, and the horrible laughter...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Am_a_am, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I believe it was the arch angel Michael, who protects people from demons, luckily I've never encountered a demon, but Michael has been there for me as well
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Whenever you have entities in your home it's better than anything to over power them, what I mean is. If you can look at a shadow figure straight at it without flinching and say to it in a calm and steady voice "this is my domain and you are not welcome here, leave." then most of the time they will. Every entity has left my home when I've done something like that, they feed off of your fear and anger so what I do is turn my fear to pure force and shove every ounce of willpower that I possess at the entity, it always works for me.
shiver (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
One thing I strongly believe is that God up there will always be here with us when we need him the most. Like the time I was seeing dark shadows following, passing by everywhere, I was consumed by fear and called for HIS help. He was always there for me. Even though I constantly hurt him.
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
just as much disturbing as it was well written.

The laughing that you heard that you think was due to them knowing your new plans, does sound very demonic. They gain power through fear (so I've read) and that laughter sounds like a simple reaction to gain that power through the fear in you it might bring out. As much as it is hard to do, try to let them know in some way you don't fear them. Thinking of god will help that too I think.

Now that they keep the distance, it seems they know they cannot beat you at the moment. Perhaps waiting in hope that they can build energy from negativity or fear in you.

Is what sprang to my mind anyway.
Once in my home there was a lot of negativity, a lot. From me too. I tried an ouija board home made once, and while not working well there was odd and some disturbing happenings for a while here. However, even when having something harmless thrown at me, and seeing something black moments before it, I was more confused/suprised than in fear. And I think it realized that it was wasting its time with me, so didn't stay much longer.

Doubt I'm enlightening you to anything you don't already know, but well, god bless you and stay strong.
Shadowsofthepast (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Your not the only one who has experienced these shadows they still come to
But I'm not religious anyways all I know is they can try to consume me in darkness and rage but I will fight them to my very last breath on this earth
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Oh and try annoying them or piss them off show you are strong enough to fight back! Well it worked for me...

God bless you! ❤ ❤ ❤
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Once with my friend we both with her can see ghosts and sence them almost I don't say perfectly but still close to psykicks. We were playing The Sims 2 on our lap tops. I brought mine there so we wouldn't fight over one. 😆 She told me something (forgot what it was) I rolled my eyes, sighed and when I looked at the living room I saw that dark shadow figure in human form. I turned to her and she was looking at me and said - Are you feeling what I'm feeling? - We both saw the figure slowly approaching us and luckily her mother was back from work. Then that figure's eyes glowed red like it was saying - I'll be back - creepy but I'll post it when the posts are open... Monday 😆

God bless you and take care! ❤
Am_a_am (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
I was told that threatening them would help keep them from bothering you. Could that work?
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-11)
I think it's better to just carry a bible and cast it out. You don't need any holy water or artifacts, because they can always come back afterwards. They are attracted to negative energy. That motivates them to try harder next time. Trust me demons are stronger now a days, so carrying a cross with you might make them flinch, but won't cast them away. They can enter into churches, including catholic once, because there Christians that lost their way. They don't follow commandments and sin more than any other Christians. So, demons consider that as an advantage. Corruption could be in any religion, but the only demons in this world are men.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
PS To all those posters, with whom I've privately corresponded, please post articles regarding the power of Catholic Holy water. It helps to hear this from others, who have finally gotten some relief, when other remedies have failed. Mass, Holy communion, etc. Also help, but the sacrammentals are a start. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
Sundaydrive;

OK. Apostolic sucession has nothing at all to do with blood lines. It means that Catholic priests are ordained by Catholic Bishops, who can trace back sucessive generations of Bishop / priest ordinations - all the way back over 2 thousand years to the actual 12 Apostles. That is what is meant by valid apostolic sucession. Only sacramentals (Holy water, salt, medals, etc.) blessed by Catholic priests have, thereby, spiritual power. The 7 sacraments, i.e. Baptism, Holy Eucharist, Confession, Matrimony, Extreme Unction, aka Annointing of the sick, Holy Orders, and Confirmation are the 7 sacraments. As a demonologist, I use sacramentals. I do, as a side note make damn sure I myself go to confession first, so as not to be even more vulnerab le to attack. These evil things understand only one thing - force. In this case, it's spiritual force, with which these sacramentals are charged. Very little else even gets their attention. In fact, it empowers them.
Am_a_am (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
JimD I was wondering the same thing. Sara's father says pretty much the same thing you do, but Daniel's father says the opposite (Daniel and I are Christian).
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
JimD? "...only the Catholics have valid apostolic sucession, meaning their sacramentals are most potent" Yeeeea. I got MOST of that, but what does it MEAN? I understand that it means they have a link with the Apostles (I read that at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_succession), but it's not as if they are all blood descendants OF the Biblical Apostles. How does that make their sacraments most potent?
Hawk92 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
you are very very VERY lucky to see that gaurdian angel... 😁 I wish I have seen too.
Hawk92 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
same story to me and these spirits attacked me when I tryed to sleep I was imagining a white shiny Cross but suddenly I saw that dark black arm grabbing the cross flipping it upside down (an upside down cross is one of saitans marks) I flinched and when I opened my eyes I felt that something was grabbing my brain shaking it too freaking PAINFUL! It was like shaking water in a cup hardley and that's what happened believe it or not. (note:thankfully this doesn't happen to all people) GOD bless us all people the special and the aint special.
Hawk92 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
michi78 you too! See these things well that makes me even more happy 😊
Hawk92 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
you Am a am have the same ability I do (we are special). So we see the same things... At Last I hear about some someone who have the same ability and that makes me very happy because lately that no one I now can't see these things I feel like a freak in human mankind (and yes its an ability for special people and the proof is that I asked my religion teacher that if some people can see evil spirits and other do not she said DEFINETLY correct) and moon grim being religous is the best way to solve these types of problems. GOD the almighty that can do whatever he wants at whatever time he wants so don't judge GOD before what you see in his holy spirit (LOVEEE GOD ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
Sundaydrive;

No religious debate, and thank you for a civil ang great question. To answer your querry, yes, it absolutely does have to be Catholic Holy water. All Christians may worship the same God, but only the Catholics have valid apostolic sucession, meaning their sacramentals are most potent, and are the only ones that will eventually work vs. These hiddeous things.
Captain_Howdy (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Haha xD kewlies. I can see demon's... I use to see angels... But not anymore...,mm see them as black shadowy people. Sometimes different... I seen "Zozo" he was odd ^^
Elias (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
THAT WAS THE BEST STORY I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE you are brave to not just to rip yourself apart over that, I would be scared to death from that
michi78 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Wow! Where to begin?... I have seen some very similar things myself, in fact, you can red my story called "Time Stood Still" if you're curious about other's encounters with demonic looking things.
First of all, like others have said, I don't think your mom opened you up to attacks like this. You could, in my opinion have a biochemical makeup that allows for easier access to other forms of energy. In a sense maybe your mom did do this to you in that, chemical compositions can be hereditary. Who's to say, for instance, that the "insane" aren't just stuck permanently in another place due to cerebral conditions.

The power of the mind is so enormous you can't even assign it a definition. It's insane when you look at Einstein's Copenhagen theory and quantum super positions regarding the "observer". Basically, for any energy, quantum super positions take into account every possible sub-atomic position simultaneously. Meaning: your computer exists everywhere at once but only collapses into a definitive state upon the exact moment of quantum measurement. This goes for EVERYTHING in the universe. You see how easy it is to fall into a rabbit hole when it comes to perceptions?!

I'm not saying you didn't see it, what I'm saying is the mind is powerful and any belief strong enough can have potency beyond expectations. You praying to God, whether he exists in the traditional form or not, can be powerful only because you gained power, yourself, from it. This is why placebos can sometimes work even better than the real thing. It's not false, it's your own body doing the work through the power of the mind.

And don't worry, sweets, those negative things could be crushed to dust with just one of YOUR profoundly powerful glances. They don't stand a chance!
ScaredToDeath0 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
well what I think is that its your usual sixth sense. Not much to it. It is said that demons needs a portal or a doorway to pass through into Earth. What I'm saying is that you might have something to do with it. But would it be possible that you are the doorway for demons since you were inside your birth mother's womb?

Adam
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
JimD? Why does it HAVE to be Catholic Holy Water? Isn't all Holy Water blessed by the Priest or Bishop of a certain faith in basically the same manner and in accordance with the traditions of religious ceremony? I don't mean to get into any kind of religious debate here, but I thought all Christians worshiped the same God, and in doing that, wouldn't that make the Blessing of the water the same for ALL Christian leaders?
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
You did the right thing. Try Catholic Holy water, and a lot of it. Also, try invoking the names of Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel. If Catholic, hit Mass, communion, and confession often. Keep me posted. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
My God is your God too, Mooncreme, and hopefully we can get your eternal reservations upgraded a bit before it is too late.
Am_a_am (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Daniel's father wasn't sure if that was the reason. He felt that it was the most logical explanation he could have given me at the time. Other people have told me it might be because I am more open to things like this, or that somebody down there just doesn't like me too much. Personally, I hope it's just that I'm open to it.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
sorry for the typos! I hadn't much sleep last night, becuase a demon or a spirit keeps tapping on the other side of my wall. Very creepy, still edgy about it!
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Ok first of all I don't think that your mother created a doorway while you were inside of her. Babies are pure gift from God himself. The only way a child could be damned, only if he was a effed up ritual. Covered in blood and all that. My mother is like your name, but the demons never controlled my life, instead it gave me powers that I can't control. Maybe you have a gift too. Ofcourse, I don't know if I was born with it or not, but it's a hunch!

Trust me there's bad mother's out there, but their children could be fine. What the pastor saying was true, then we wouldn't have so many unbelievers in this world if that was true.
Am_a_am (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Silvertail11: I don't know if it was an angel. I have no idea what it was. I'm just grateful that whatever it was, it kept the Shadows away.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Hi Am_a_am: I am glad that you are more comfortable now and the trouble with your demons have passed the prayers and your faith is obviously working for you and now you don't have to resort to throwing your boot at the wall lol. I wish you all the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: