You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Figure

 

This is a true event that occurred when I was nine. I live in a small town in Virginia. About seven years ago we moved into a house that has a large backyard with a large log cabin behind it. The people that live in the cabin are friendly people and have never done anything rude to us.

One day I was walking in the backyard with a large club I had made. I looked over to my neighbors long gravel driveway. All of a sudden a dark figure came into my vision. It had dark brown clothes on and a straw hat. It walked with its head down like it was looking at its feet. It walked a couple meters and then vanished. What really scared me was that the builder of the house of our neighbors was a violent man who hung himself about 1 year after he built the house. So I ran in the house regardless of the club I held in my hands.

I have also had many other occurrences in my house, a few of which I will include in this story.

One day I was sitting in my living room, reading a book. All of a sudden the radio turned on to a station I had never heard of. So I walked into the kitchen and turned it off. When I was walking back, I saw a black figure (Much like the one in the previous story) at the end of my hallway. I ran out of the house and never saw the figure again.

Please comment on what you think this figure may have been.

Thanks

Other hauntings by buckle123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buckle123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

camargo3217 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
My friend just told me a about an encounter he had on 11/8/15... And it creeped me out... So I googled the description of the figure he saw... I have no idea if it related... But it sounds really similular... This happened in Michigan... Not sure if it can travel from state to state lol but very odd it was described almost the same.

- curious reader
Brooklynnberceuse (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Creepy story! I would have used the club for self defense lol! 😁 really interesting to hear about:)
CuriousCat (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Omg! Really creepy! I would've ran away as well! I won't be able to post my story soon due to the filtering, but my mother had the same shadow experience! Only it was just a dark shadow with no distinctive details. She was just vacuuming the living room when it just showed up by the couch in front of her! I'm just glad there are a lot of stories involving black shadows because it kind of validates that spirits take on this form a lot...
GhostFreak1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Wow, sounds pretty scary seeing the figure twice. I think its the man who hung himself you know.

Thanks for posting this story, very weird.

Jacob 😁 😁
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Well, I think you are right, usually our insticts work if we listen to them, I think it was the previous owner of the house, 😭,
Thanks for sharing your story,

Cheers,

Claudia 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: