You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Random Paranormal Experiences Over The Years

Real Ghost Stories

Random Paranormal Experiences Over The Years

 

I've lived in the same house since I was 1. Being now 16 I can always remember the ghostly happenings that occurred here. Things that may, or may not be related to the paranormal world.

Firstly, I can remember when I was around the age of 5 and I had my own bedroom at the back of the house. It was a small room, dark and cluttered. I was sitting on my bed playing Monopoly with my brother. We were very young so we weren't playing correctly. He got bored and went downstairs and left me alone with the board, when his piece began to move. The dice was rolled, money was taken from the bank but no one was sitting opposite me. I was at such a young age I thought nothing of it and carried on playing with this invisible person. I had spoken to my mother about it a couple of years after and she said, although I don't remember this, that I'd sit up all hours of the night talking to myself and playing games on my own. I've always remembered this and found it to be strange. I'm not sure if there was actually a spirit in my room, whom I had become friends with, or if it was just a figment of my imagination.

Another thing that I remember is when I had moved rooms and moved into the largest room of the house when I was about 8. I shared it with my older sister. My sister had a later bedtime than I did and often she'd sit downstairs watching TV until she was told to go to bed. I would be trying to sleep and the room would give off a green glow. I know this sounds stupid but it's true. Also I'd have my bed against the wall and I'd hear scratching and whispering in the wall. I'd always assumed that these noises had come from downstairs but I remember them as being right next to me. Another thing that happened in that room was at night always around the same time the wardrobe door would move as if someone was trying to open it but they couldn't. My sister witnessed this most nights and was really afraid to go near that part of the room. It only lasted for about 10 seconds. On top of the wardrobe were a lot of teddies and porcelain dolls. They were often on the floor by morning.

I can remember one summer I was about 8 or 9 and my brother and Father were in the back garden doing some work and my mother was at the shops. I was in the house with one of my sisters and we were sitting in the living room watching TV. I went upstairs to use the bathroom and I can clearly remember that the bathroom window was closed. I went downstairs and my sister was still on the couch. A couple of minutes later, my dad and brother came in with my brothers TV remote and said that it had been thrown out of the bathroom window at them. My sister explained I had been up there but I insisted I hadn't and that the window was closed. I went upstairs a while later and the window was open. No one had been upstairs but me.

Another thing I remember is when I was around 5. I had been asleep and I had woken up. We had a large family and my mum and dad slept downstairs, I had gone down to see them as I often did when I couldn't sleep. My dad was awake and after a talk I'd gone back up to bed. I went to get back into bed and my body was already there. I know it sounds weird, but I was looking at my body. I was terrified and I just jumped into my sister's bed and fell asleep eventually. I woke up the next morning in my bed and when I had spoke to my father that morning he said I must of dreamt coming down to see him because he said he hadn't spoke to me.

This happened around 6 months ago when I was 15. My sisters both moved out and live at least an hours' drive away from here. My brother had been staying at his friend's house across town and my parents were both working. I had gone out with my friend and we both went back to mine. The house was how I left it (locked and secured). No windows open or anything. I told my friend to stick a DVD on downstairs and I went upstairs to get changed, on my bed was a puzzle book, which was weird because I'd left it on my desk. There was a pen next to it and all the puzzles had been completed. I didn't recognize the handwriting and I had asked my family the next day and they said no one had been in. So being confused I tossed the book aside and got changed when I was approaching the top of the stairs I heard my friend scream. I rushed down and she was sitting on the couch watching the film. I asked her if she was okay and why did she scream, she looked at me confused and said she was fine, and no one had screamed. I was baffled, I am positive I heard a scream but until this day I've never found out an explanation for that.

Lastly, this happened to my mother in the early hours of the morning. She had explained to me that she had woken at around 3am and went to the bathroom along the hall. On her way back she had heard someone say hello and laugh. She thought nothing of it because she assumed it was my T.V that I'd left on or something, or me playing a prank. When she told me this story the next day I told her I hadn't done anything and my T.V was turned off that night. There was only me and my mum in the house so we were quite confused and frightened. The next day I woke around the same time to a loud thud on my bedroom door. Assuming it could have been my mother I opened it. No one was there, so I crossed the hall and seen my mum was still in bed asleep. As I headed back to my room I heard a faint little girls voice say hello and then a crowd of laughing. I ran back to my room and jumped into bed. From now on I go to the bathroom before I go to sleep, so I don't have to cross the hall at night again!

These are my experiences with strange things.

I'd love to hear your feedback on them. All of these are completely true so tell me what you think and if you've ever had similar experiences?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lilly101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WindowsGhost (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
I also have paranormal experiences over the years. But in all mine experiences were all harmless but yet it's scary.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Hi Lilly101, These are very strange things that happened to your family. When I read the last story and seen the words: a little girls voice saying hello, I quickly scrolled to the top of the page to check where you were from. You don't live in the same place as me, however I heard a little girls voice. Except the voice said Hi not Hello and I was at a cemetery not my house.
Life-After-Death (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
Lily, there's a lot of events there and the only one that happened to my brother was the hello then laughter. If you ever hear that again just say hello back then laugh. After my brother did that he didn't hear the voice again:) but I hear voices and they never go away no matter what I do. I have just posted a story about my experiences if it gets published please read and comment:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Hi Lilly101 that is a lot of events definitely something residing there it does seem like it is the spirit of a young child. When you mentioned that you saw your own body in your bed it seemed as though you were dreaming but you may have been astral projecting but this is a subject that I am not to familiar with, have you had any other experiences like that? The history of the house and land could help aswell.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
Hey Lilly,

It is weird having to remember possibly paranormal events from when you were 5 or so, I have had many memories from having paranormal experiences from when I was specifically around the age of five or so, I have heard that spirits seem to fond of talking or interacting with children of this age because they don't know better... 😊
leocadia (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
Hi Lilly,
It's funny you mention a green glow. I've had that occur to me also.
ArkAngelMike (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
Lilly

My email is neil_brny [at] yahoo.co.uk

Please feel free to email me with your email and I could try and give you some explainations to what may be happening and what it possibly is.

😊
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Well, I can't help you a whole lot, but here are some possible explanations.

Hearing the scratching in your walls: Rats.

Seeing your body in bed: Probably a dream. It could've been a false awakening. Don't you think you'd be a bit more freaked out from seeing yourself lying in bed?

Yeah, I know, not much. Good luck, though!
Lilly101 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Adam... That is kind of wierd.

How many times you seen superman? Any other expirences with spirits?
ScaredToDeath0 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
atleast you arent the one to see superman before you go to sleep at the age of 6. All the night lights were on (yes I use to sleep with night lights) and I suddenly saw superman soaring through my ceiling and through a wall... Now tell me that aint scary and unbelieveable at the same time. 😐

Adam
Lilly101 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
Mike:)

Yeah I'd really appreciate your email thanks a lot.

Yeah I've had some more expirences such as lights on and off, things being moved, plugs pulled out of sockets, strange noises etc.

Thanks for the help 😁
ArkAngelMike (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Hi Lilly glad to hear from you,

There is so much experiences you have had that match mines, the difference is though I have had them all my life mostly every week sometimes days at a time, I don't feel scared at all due to my abilities, has there been any other experiences that you have had that you may not have put down above,

It would be very good to be in the same place as yourself and for me to pick up on your past and especially where you stay, I do think however you have someone attached to you, it could be someone you don't even know (and I think this is the case) or it could be someone real close that just likes to joke around alot,

I can give you my personal email address if you like and I can maybe put your mind at ease with a few things, totally up to you.

Thanks😊
Lilly101 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Hi Mike:)
I've felt scared at times but it think that was because I didn't have an explanation. I've never felt threatened by it's presence just a little creeped out at times.
ArkAngelMike (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Hi Lilly these events that have happened to you could possibly be an entity that is a attached to you, have you experienced these events all through your life, you will need to stay sharp and make sure that this doesn't become a negative force, Have you ever felt scared of it or has it came across as negative,

Just thought to ask you this as there are a few tel tale signs of Poltergeist activity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: