You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Old Room

Real Ghost Stories

My Old Room

 

Hey there, another one from me, but this time it was a personal experience! Well, I live with my parents in a fairly normal sized house. But, being the busy person that I am, (I go to parties, friends, etc. A lot so I come home quite late at night!) I decided to sleep in the room they built outside of the house so I won't bother them when I come home too late.

My friend, who experiences these kinds of things, decided this one (and only!) time she wanted to sleep at my house for that night. We went out for a while and came back at about 01:00 in the morning. We were quite tired so we went to bed. After realizing I forgot my room's keys in my car, I quickly went back to go get it. As soon as I returned, my friend was gone. When I got in the house, she was sitting in the living room with this scared and uncomfortable expression on her face. So I asked her what was wrong and she said that she would prefer sleeping in the house tonight, even if it meant sleeping on the couch, but she wasn't going to that room ever again. She didn't tell me what was wrong or what she saw until a few days after that... (Because I don't/didn't see these kind of things I made it clear to my friends and family that they should never tell me when a ghost or something is near me). I freaked out a bit, but we eventually slept in the spare room that night.

A few days after this experience, I came home after visiting that same friend and went to my room. I got in bed, but I had this weird feeling that someone was watching me. The feeling actually got so out of hand I refused to look behind me in fear of seeing something I didn't want to see. So I just turned off the light and went to sleep. Or at least I tried... Then all of a sudden I heard something make a noise, kind of like a moaning sound and when I opened my eyes I saw a tall figure just standing there watching me. I couldn't see a face or anything, but I could see it was a manly figure. I quickly grabbed the light switch and turned it on, and as soon as I did that the 'man' was gone. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

The next day I told my friend what I saw and she said that she'd seen and heard the same thing the other night, only that the thing wasn't moaning, but it actually called out my name! She said that it sounded sad, sort of like he was calling out for me not to leave or something. That really freaked me out, so I decided to move back in the house.

I haven't experienced anything like that again, but I still sometimes get this feeling that someone is watching me when I walk past my old room. And whenever my friend visits she would get all tense and she would refuse to go anywhere near the back yard. The only thing that really, really scared me about what my friend said was that it called my name... Why did it call out my name? And why did it sound so sad when it did?

Other hauntings by Shayliha

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shayliha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Explorer (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Hello

Spirits often need help, and are often confused and have no idea what just happened to them, or where they are, fearful of passing over etc etc.
This spirit could possibly just want you to acknowldge that it is alive, and there.

Perhaps, going into the room, and talking to him, explaining that its ok to move on and friends and family will help him on the other side.

Alot of the time these spirits are lost and need help.

If he gives you no obvious reason to fear him, then don't, because he is still a human being, as we all are, just without the physical appearance.

Explorer
pianoqueen (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
😐 Wow. That actually sounds kind of like one of my experiences, which I'm going to post on this website as soon as the posting stuffies are working again...
Shayliha (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Hey there... 😉

Thanks for the comments. I haven't seen the 'man' again since that time, but I have felt a presence there a few times, which is weird, cause I don't usually feel or see these kind of things... My friend was there a few days ago and said she felt a really angry presence there, like something was trying to keep us away from the room...

Snifflez, It could be my grandfather who passed a few years ago but I was never that close to him so I really don't know. I asked my grandmother and she said that it could be him trying to protect me from my friend maybe? (she has quite a bad history) or like you said it could be someone who was there before and doesn't want to go through loss again... I'll just have to do some research!

😊
Snifflez (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Has anyone you know ever passed away, that you were extremly close too?
Or maybe the ghost used to occupy the house, and has had a bad relationship or someting. I know this sounds weird, but maybe he calls your name and sounds sad, because maybe in his past life, someone left him and he doesn't want it to happen again. He may be attached emotionally to you.
Elias (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
thats a scary story havnt heard one as good as that one loved it
pinklady1802 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
wow never read a story like this one, amazing. 😊 I wouldve have been dead scared
SallyH (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
Wow. That sounds like a really crazy experience. I've been reading these stories for a little while now, and most of them seem genuine. Have you experienced anything like this since?

Sally

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: