You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: When The Pope Died

Real Ghost Stories

When The Pope Died

 

It was Divine Mercy Sunday when Pope John Paul II died in 2005 and the entire Catholic Church is mourning the loss of an icon. During the wake of the Pope, I thought it wise to buy his papal symbol-- a crucifix depicting a pitiful Christ, as a memorabilia of his legacy. I also bought a pendant with his picture at the center of the cross as another souvenir.

One night in the almost week long wake, I was holding the papal crucifix that I bought while watching the live telecast of the wake activities in the Vatican. It was almost round the clock program and after midnight I felt sleepy. I switched the television set off and placed the papal crucifix beside me and went to sleep. Sometime during the wee hours of the morning, I know I was awake but couldn't move. I was aware of my surroundings and I saw a tall but thin black shadow of a man enter my room through the windows. As the shadow approached me, I struggled to move but as if my body isn't responding, I just lay in bed asleep with my mind shouting MOVE! Then I saw the shadow made a gesture as if it will choke me to death, then to my surprise, I saw a bright light emanating from the Christ of the crucifix and it is growing, filling the entire room with bright light pushing the shadow to where it came from. The shadow retreated until it went out the way it came in. It was as if I had awaken from very deep slumber and could now move my body and when I glanced at the crucifix I saw the remnants of the light being sucked in by the Christ of the crucifix. I just kissed the papal crucifix and held it until I fell asleep again.

This experience strengthened my faith in GOD and I started a new habit of sleeping with a crucifix or a rosary or any catholic sacramental (holy objects). I know my sleep will be peaceful and I am guarded and protected while sleeping.

Nowadays, I have with me everywhere I go and even in my sleep a Benedictine crucifix (a crucifix which has the medal of St. Benedict at the center) sometimes called the exorcist crucifix for the medal of St. Benedict has a simple exorcism prayer inscribed at the back side supposedly effective in warding off all evils.

Other hauntings by agimat_warrior

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, agimat_warrior, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Nice story! I also keep benedictine medals for protection. I had like 6 of them two given to me at graduation and others bought at the school's retreat house. I bought different sizes and colors for me to wear everyday while going out. It gives me assurance and safety.:)
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
you really have a lot of faith in god and god loves all so maybe this spirit will get punished by the lord for harming a beloved one
alkali120 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
What you saw might be the same thing that attacked my classmate during our retreat during my High School days... Good thing nothing happened...
chequabelle (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740

It sounds more like you were suffering from sleep paralysis, something which is truly terrifying to go through but harmless.

I know when I have suffered it in the past nothing has come to save me and I have lain in terror for 5 minutes. That your faith saved you is impressive. You have a truly strong spirit:)
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
leave poor old moongrim alone hes intitled to his few little words man I love this site
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
wow great story you must have a lot of faith in god because you where protected that night
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Okay maybe we shouldnt focus on Moongrim or any others' comment to his comment. Its disrespectful to the author of this story.

Now to Warrior- This is a very interesting story. I once had something like that happen but it didn't have a good outcome. My grandma gave me a cross a few years ago and my mom hung it above my bed. I went to bed early becuase I had a minor headache, only to awaken with my cross posted upside down, and I recall that it wasn't like that when I went to bed. And I only live with my mom and little brother and they wouldn't do that.
But as for you I am happy that it strengthened your faith and its good that you feel safe and protected by God 😊
<3 Katona1700s
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
What a cool day in getting the hats that I prayed for, but I ran out of super glue when I glued on purple flowers that left white marks, glue stains on the hat and now the flowers fell off, I need more super glue
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
I prayed for my hats I ordered from the USA to be delivered to my country this morning and a short time after I prayed I heard a bang bang bang of my front door as I walked past it to go to my room, opened the door, and the lady asked me to sign for a parcel, after I got inside is when I opened up the parcel and found they were the hats from the USSA that I ordered that I prayed for, cool:)
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
I have not been commenting on this site for years but you guys are just being mean to moon. Why do you keep posting replys to him likes his giong to go back to a storie that he already red and read comments about HIM.
And even if he did come back why whould he care at all about ramdom people say about him he will never meet.

Now that I said that it was a nice uplifting story to read.

Poeple do not reply to this post if you do, do so with the thought I will never read it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
Alright. Leave Moongrim alone. I think I already gave out a first warning. This is not the place to have your personal wars.
Wa-do.
Jitow (362 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Keep trying, you are getting warm. The disdain that he shows indicates urges much deeper than that.
reneespring (148 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Jitow, why did you call Moon grim, Mooncreme? Are you accusing him of masturbation, is that why? What *urges* are you talking about?
Jitow (362 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Well Mooncreme, I am starting to get a very clear picture of your agenda. You are not really on this site because you are all that interested in the paranormal, are you? I don't even think that you are against Jesus at all. You are mad at God and you blame him for what you have become, and because the lifestyle that you live is definately not in line with a Christian life, you lash out at Christians and Christ because you want His acceptance, you just don't want it enough to give up on your little impulses. You are really mad because you know that God loves you but your choices seperate you from Him. You like your lifestyle even though you know it is wrong, you don't want to fight the urges to please God. We all have sin and urges, as Christians we try our best not to act on those urges that displease God.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
All right guys, Leave Moongrim alone. I think the point was made well enough.

You know, when Pope John Paul II passed on, it seemed as if the whole world went into mourning. I, myself felt a huge loss at the death of this great man. And I never personally met him.
Our religious faith is all that truly keeps us centered on what we believe to be the right path. I am glad that you found the strength that was needed, at that point, in the remembrance metal that you purchased.
Many have said that a prayer and positive thinking is what has brought them out of a sleep paralysis episode, and this seems to be a text book account of SP.
I am also please to know that this experience brought you closer to your higher power. Sometimes all we need is a bit of a nudge in the right direction.
Wa-do.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Moongrim ~ Although you may not believe in God, or maybe you are just angry with Him, you should respect others in their beliefs. You comment was very disrespectful.

Agimat warrior ~ Your story was lovely and shows that our beliefs will guide and protect us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
wow moon grim a bit testy are we? I loved this story keep the faith brother,,,,,,,,,
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Moongrim please explain to me how your comment adds anything to this post?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Well isn't that special. Jesus Christ to the rescue. Super God!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: