You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Ghosts

 

First off I've been experiencing ghosts since I was young. The first time I ever encountered an experience with a ghost is when I was 9 years old.

I was at home lying down in bed about to go to bed when all of a sudden I looked over to my left and floating right next to my bed was a white figure. I couldn't really make out what it was but it was next to me floating in the air but it didn't say anything. I didn't believe what I was seeing at first until I closed my eyes and opened them back up and it was still there and it didn't go away until finally a couple minutes later it vanished.

The next time I saw a ghost was when I was 13. I was riding my 4-wheeler in the woods next to my house during the night time by myself when all of a sudden I heard someone say my name in my right ear in the strangest voice. I started freaking out and drove out of the woods and when I got onto the road I looked back and I saw a white figure come out of the woods and right before it got to the road it vanished back into the woods. I couldn't make out what it looked like but all I know was that it was floating in the air and it was white.

When I was 15 I had moved to North Carolina with my mom and sister. We already had a vacation house their so we were living in the vacation house. One night I was standing in the hallway looking into my mom's room and talking to her when I suddenly turned and looked down the hallway and saw a woman in a white dress/robe type thing walk by the hallway. I do know that nobody died in that house either because the people that we bought the house from told us that they had built the house and that nobody else has lived in it except them.

Another experience I've had is just the other night. I live in the woods with nobody close by. I was lying down to go to bed. Around 12am I heard a blood curling scream that was a woman and then the very next day in the morning I was in my living room. I looked towards the stairs and saw a black figure that appeared to be running down my stairs and then vanished. Then just this morning as I walked by the window in my kitchen I saw this black dog figure standing in my yard but it disappeared as soon as I saw it. However I'm 18 now and ever since a couple months ago I have been dating my boyfriend he has experienced black figures in his house and he says the reason is because a guy had died in his house before he lived in it. One time I actually saw a black figure of a guy in his house by his parent's bedroom. Since I have been with him I have been seeing black figures instead of white figures now and hearing that blood curling scream that one night makes me think whatever I'm experiencing now isn't good but I'm not sure.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karav52591, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Hmmm Barrelchica I don't know what to say really but I don't see that shadow that you've seen as a threat its probly a harmless shadow person as for speaking to them I don't see how that will help but I don't see it as a dangerous act but be careful with what you say just starting stuff like Hi, my name is_____ and I know your there stuff like that hope this help and don't worry too much about that shadow person. If you'd like you can email me, Katherine...
barrelchica130 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
well I think I have a ghost in my house. My mom thinks its my cousin lisa that died a couple of years ago. And my friend has seen her. Shes all in white and we put a bible in that room and she said that she seen her leaning over the bible. But at yesterday night we kept on hearing a tapping noise and a rubbing noise. It actually really freaked us out. 😕 and I'm not sure what too do? And there has been a dark shadow there too? I am soo confused about this whole thing. Should I try too talk too her? Please someone comment back...
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
From what I know, I believe that the white figure was just attatched to you in some way. Maybe a dead relative you might not remember or someone who knew your family and was able to fallow you. She (white figure or woman) didn't bring harm and was probably just getting your attention, but I use to react the same way (run like heck and find someone)
But as for those dark figures, I don't know what to say. Just be careful and make sure you don't let fear overwhelm you because that can come out bad. Be strong, be careful, I would like to hear more from you.
😊 <3 Katona1700s
ItzAmbii (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
3 Things-
1-Ghosts can be emotionally attached to objects or people. I am guessing that this one is.
2-I know that the ghost is following you, and your vacation house might not be/probably isn't haunted, but just because the people who lived their before you built the house, it doesn't mean it still can't be haunted. Bad things could have happened on that territory where people have died, such as wars.
3-There might be something bad with your boyfriend. This black/white figure might be trying to tell you something bad about your boyfriend.
Best of luck with everything!
michi78 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Perhaps these figures you're seeing, both dark and whitish, are from different places-dimensions if you will. Maybe they're not exactly bad or good, but harness energy to manifest in a different way. Do you think you could be getting the creeps just because they're dark colored? It would be natural to correlate darkness with fear.

Unless you start to see some really powerful displays of their presence or feel they are trying to harm you, I would try to keep a neutral opinion of the dark ones. Maybe "ghosts" have a sort of genetic code just the way organic beings do. We have orange and black cats, yet both are relatively harmless (unless you forget to feed them:))

The scream could be anything, too. It's also easy to correlate other experiences that happen within a short time frame. It could've been carried from somewhere further away than you think, or maybe an event trapped in time, replaying itself every so often.
In any case, thanks for sharing! Just be aware without preconceived notions (as hard as that is...)
ScaredToDeath0 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
could it be a possibility that one of your relatives or friends have died when you were 9 or even earlier?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
hmm. The chances of you meeting a life long friend who sees things must be astronomical. The chances of your actual boyfriend seeing them must be even more. Other than that, has any of your family experienced anything? Do you have pets, and do they seem to be agitated at these times?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: