You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Premonition Dream?

Real Ghost Stories

Premonition Dream?

 

I was reading "Parting visions: pre-death visions and spiritual experiences" last night and it brought back a premonition dream, or maybe you'd call it a real time dream. Mmm... Actually I don't know what you'd call it; anyway, it happened when I was in Oregon, about three months before my other story. I'd forgotten all about it until I read a story somewhat similar in the above mentioned book.

It was a Friday or Saturday night, I don't remember which, I only know that it was a weekend night. I remember that because I thought it odd at the time that even though I had lots of money in my pocket and all night to do it in with no school tomorrow that I chose to come home early and do nothing. I'd just been to a pizza place/game room in town that was not a chain, privately owned by a man named "john". I remember his name because before moving to Oregon I went to a hangout called johns snack shack back home that had games and pool tables and was a hangout for teens and hanger ons. The place local there in rainier was downtown. It had the best toasted ham and cheese sandwiches on the planet. It makes me hungry now just thinking of them. My dad was gone and I had the house to myself when I got home. It must have been about 9:30 because I had time to make something to eat (4 hotdogs and a can of Popeye spinach), before the tonight show came on at 10:30. I'd just finished cleaning up after myself and had set down in the recliner in front of the TV. The music started... Do do do do do... Dmm dmm dmm... Now heeeeerrreeeesss Johnny. And I was out.

The next thing I knew, I was in my car, back home just taking off from a very familiar corner light with friend 1 and 2 in the front seat with me and probably 4 people in the back. Just as we took off friend 2 looked back and said,"Hey there's (friend 3). He's running after us". I saw him in the rear view mirror and started to stop, then it dawned on me, (I'll just refer to them as 1, 2, or 3 now), that 3 was dead. We all looked at each other in the front seat and we all knew that he was. They started yelling go go go! So I started speeding up, as I pulled away I could see that he was trying to flag me down and tell me something that seemed really important, then I woke up. Johnny was doing his monologue. I looked around and realized it was just a dream. I couldn't believe I had gone to sleep so fast. I got me a big glass of milk and sat back down to watch the tonight show. I'd just set back down and, Out again.

This time it was just me and friend number 1 in the car. He looked back in a panicky sort of way and said, "He's still coming! Go go go!" I looked down at the speed and I was the same place I had been in the last dream, just starting and going about 20 and speeding up. I could see him catching up to us and out of the corner of my eye I could plainly see him wildly waving his arms at me and trying to tell me something. But I knew he was dead and only wanted to get away from a dead guy. I woke up. I was kind of freaking out because I remembered that I had dreamed the continuance of another dream and it had picked up where it left off and even after I had got up for a minute. I didn't want to go back to sleep because since it had gone down from all of us in the car to just me and friend 1, I was scared to think of what it might be if I went back to sleep. I paced the floor for a minute and considered leaving, but I didn't want to get into my car at that moment. I looked out the door and didn't want to go out in the dark. I sat back down and just told myself that I was definitely not going to sleep. I turned the TV up took a big drink of milk, l Johnny was still doing his monologue and I went right out again.

This time it was just me in the car, I was really scared and hit the gas. I saw the speedometer climbing, saw him waving his arms outside my window and moving his mouth trying to tell me something, and then he wasn't there anymore. I slowly looked to my left and sighed with relief. When I looked back at the road I realized he was setting in the seat beside me. He just looked at me with a sad look and a kind of questioning, like, why didn't you just listen to me? I felt guilty and scared at the same time. Then I woke up. I got up and knew I had to do something. I decided to call friend 1 back in Oklahoma. While it was ringing I realized that Johnny's monologue had just ended and the commercial had just come on. How can that be, I thought. How could I just pass out three times in the 15 minutes or so it takes him to do his monologue? And I also realized that friend 1 wouldn't be home because he would still be out partying or just carousing until all hours of the morning. His sister answered and after a few minutes of catching up and just before hanging up she said, he just walked in. As soon as he got on the phone I said, you'll never guess what I just dreamed about, and he said, you'll never guess what just happened. I was on the way home near the corner of ___ and ___ and friend 3 and his cousins were out partying and swerved towards me whooping and hollering and honking then ran the light there and went under a semi truck. It killed them all. I was the last person to see them alive. I then told him of my dream. I have since wondered what he would have told me that would have been useful if I had of stopped and listened.

Other hauntings by vulcan10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vulcan10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seeing_things11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Maybe 3 was trying to warn you of the future through a dream? Kind of like this book I was reading where the ghost girl kept warning the boy about bad things that were going to happen. I'm really sorry about the loss of your friends... It must have been really upsetting...
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Very strange story, Vulcan 10. I'm sure this was a premonition rather than just a strange dream. And there seems to be little you could have done had you stopped and listened to what 3 had to say. Still, it'd be interesting if you did. Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope everyone is dealing with it the best they can. Thanks for the story!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Wow, thanks for sharing this story. I really think that for some reason, the human spirit is capable of sensing things in a way that we might never understand. I've also heard about parents who know their son or daughter is hurt before they even hear about it, twins having that silent connection that causes them both to feel the same pain, etc... One of the guys I work with was killed in a car crash, and his twin sister also works with us. She went into an inexplicable emotional fit before she even found out the news. I'm sorry to hear about your friends losing their life, but I don't think there's anything you could have done. I think that friend 3's message was for the person who was driving the vehicle before it crashed.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
vulcan10 wow what a story eh, your friend was definitely trying to tell you about it I believe. In the end there was not much you can really do about it I'm sorry for the loss of your friends, as cosmogal mentioned you where home maybe for a reason even though the event did take place in oklahoma, maybe something to think about.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Oops sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought it happened in the same place. Still, one awesome premonition though.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
No. I was living in oregon at the time and this happened in oklahoma. In my dream I was there and taking off from the same intersection that the accident took place. Apparently at approx. The same time.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Wow that was some premonition. So you knew that friend 3 was dead in your dream before you got the news of the accident? I'm really sorry about the loss of your friends it must have been a horrific scene. Things really do happen for a reason, you decided to go home even though you had money and the whole night ahead of you and it turned out you could have been involved in that accident. It seems friend 3 was either trying to warn you or show what happened. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: