You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit From My Nan

Real Ghost Stories

Visit From My Nan

 

Two years ago, during my first year of University, my Nan died. I didn't know she had died, but that night I saw her. She was in my room in halls and was really scared. She was lost and was terrified because she couldn't find my granddad. She was also scared because she didn't want to be cremated. What was scarier was later on after she had left I fell asleep. She was in my dreams, she was in a room with lots of older people and a few young, some I recognized in old pictures my mum showed me a few weeks ago. She had huge black bags under her eyes and was very pale and thin. When she was in my room, I don't know, but I couldn't see her properly, not like this. I didn't think much of what I had seen in the night the next day since I had classes and work to do, but I found out at night before Kung Fu my Nan had died.

I told my mum about my dream after the funeral. She looked scared when I told her what she looked like because that was exactly like she looked the last time she had visited her. I hadn't seen her for two years so I wouldn't have known. My mum also told me her body had gone missing for a bit, which would account for her confusion of not knowing where she was. She hasn't visited me since, I later found out her ashes where with my granddad in his house, so I guess she felt safe back home with him.

A week ago, my granddad died. I was scared he was going to visit me, but he didn't. My mum told me something very scary though. She got back home from work early that day because she had to go to the hospital and sort things out. When she was going in the house our next door neighbour started talking to her. She told him her dad had died and he looked shocked because he had seen his car parked outside our house a few hours ago. Now my neighbour knows my granddad and knows his car, including his number plate so he will not have made a mistake.

My mum asked if he had visited me. She told me she wasn't surprised he hadn't because my Nan had chosen the person she thought would most understand her and since my granddad had liked my cousins best, he probably would have visited them if he had done so.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zanki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RoseWolfe82 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
ha I completely understand the family part. And you mean telepathically (I think that's how its spelled...) Well at least you got to see her one last time:)
Zanki (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
I don't really think of it as sweet that she visited me. She just chose me because I would understand as we both have a good interest in the supernatural. I bet she also chose me because she would know I could see her. My family isn't that great and my grandparents had their favourites and anyone else was thrown to the side and treated like crap, I was one of them. That's why I believe the visit was because I would see and understand her than anything more.

I don't really know if she was speaking to me, I think I felt it more, but she was telling me that. I don't know how to describe it, I could hear her, but not with my ears if you get what I mean.
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
She trusted you and that always means something. She must hold you in her heart, even now. I had an experience back in 1963. My mother and I shared a small one bedroom apt. So we shared the same bed as well.
We were living in Dallas Texas at that time. My Grandmother had passed away two years before.

I woke up and sat up to go to the bathroom.
My Grandmother stepped out of the shadows and stood at the foot of the bed smiling at me. She motioned for me to follow her then smiled again and vanished. It didn't frighten me but it did puzzled me. Why did she motion for me to follow her?

I woke my Mom and told her what happened. She said it's just Mamma, go back to sleep.
I did. I told an Aunt about it and she said she thought Grandma was telling Mom it was time to go with her.

Three years later my Mother died. I never saw my Grandma again.
Twilighter9829 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
that's awesome, but still really sad, and kind of cool, I think it's nice that she visited you, or chose you to visitor whatever, 😊
RoseWolfe82 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
That's sweet that your Nan visited you. But I have a question... In the beginning of your story when you're saying she is scared and doesn't want to be cremated... Was she telling you that? Was she actually speaking to you? Maybe I skipped that part?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: