You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Television Electronics Spirit Communication

Real Ghost Stories

Television Electronics Spirit Communication

 

For years since I moved into the house both my grandparents and aunt lived (and died) in, strange electrical things would happen, with lights flickering and the kitchen timer going off, and just as I was about to write them off, I had a baby and more strange things happened.

The Elmo toy vacuum would go off with no pets near it (and as I'm typing this the new potty that does a song when you close the lid just went off) -I'm used to it; I was asleep and a soap came off a dry dish, and I swore a small jewelry box fell off of the dresser when I gently lifted and put down the bed. When my daughter played with her toy hammer, the handle of the credenza moved and clicked. Most of these things I disregarded, however in the last month, right after my aunts picture fell off the library shelf, my babysitter told me on two separate Thursdays, the TV went on upstairs around noon. The second time, she asked Oliver the cat to come down, and it turned off. After that first incident, two days later, on Saturday at 2:30 am, the TV came on; I turned off the remote and fell back asleep.

It has since come on 4 more times always at the same time, 2:30, and either Thursday, Saturday or Sunday and ALWAYS channel 5, even though I had watched and turned it off while on different channels. This seems unbelievable. Oh, forgot the big part, the last two times, I asked whoever to turn it off, and it DID. This is absolutely not a hoax. I have the video.

I noticed that the shows coming on were my aunt's favorites, Oprah, and Matlock as she did not have cable. What is interesting in the video is that it is flickering Stereo SAP on the monitor, like when you have a power outage and it does that until you reset or turn off, on again. There is no voice or spirit image I can find on it. I am somewhat afraid to be alone, but knowing it is not family and not an "evil" entity calms me down. I think I am more freaked out now knowing that I was communicating by telling (her) to turn it off. I noticed there was another TV incident on this website and hope she reads it, as I am glad I read hers. Not crazy, not a broken TV, especially if it is coming on at the same time, documented.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elaineturnermax, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elaineturnermax (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-11)
update: a week after posting, I witnessed the channel change from a cable channel to local channel 5 around 1:00 pm. For the past week, activity has stopped, except last night, at 2:30, I heard the elmo toy, "dormant" for months go off downstairs. I awoke from a dream about someone I am in conflict/repression with and have for one year. I am absolutely starting to believe in poltergeist which is in essence energy in combination with a spirit. There is one other incident weeks ago, I carried my 1 year old downstairs and the dog followed, the door at the top of the stairs slammed behind her!
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
I may have read your story too fast and you may have addressed this issue. Most tvs that include a remote can be programmed to come on at any time desired and on any channel desired. The easy way to check this would be to check the TV a 2:30 everyday for a few days. If the tv has a dvd or vhs connected to it, unplug those and any other external inputs from the TV and see if it happens again. VCRs can be programs to record shows at different days and times. If none of this is the case, you may need to ask for help. I would also tell you to unplug the TV and leave it unplugged except when you are watching it. If something is going on it should increase elsewhere like the toys, if not there is nothing to be scared of.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Hmmm I'm normaly one to rule out electrical occurences but this seems to be happening to frequently to overlook. This could be your auntie's way of trying to communicate with you I personally don't believe it is a poltergeist as it doesn't seem malevolent, but I would try telling it to leave you alone that it is not welcome and to move on or you could maybe try a medium to find out what exactly is going on, all the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
check the timer on your television set because its happening at the same time every day I'm sure you have already thought of this like was said could be a poltergeist good story
david181920 (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Your whole experience "screams" poltergeist to me but I think we both know this probably not the case (depends if you can call family poltergeists anyway). Perhaps your aunty has some unfinished business with you (or someone else) and wants to clear it up. I have in fact heard of a story where a woman's friend who died of an aneurism, haunted her (the woman) because her friend had a plastic container that she wanted to return to her and haunted her until a psychic medium passed on this information (because a plastic container is SO IMPORTANT!) so perhaps you should consult a psychic medium in case an Important message needs to be passed on. Or perhaps your aunt needs to get an afterlife and learn to leave this world even if it does have Oprah (I Love Oprah!, we have her on Australian TV too). Or she may just want to check in on you which could also keep her in your house. But as you said in your story a picture of your aunt was knocked over which means she is trying to get your attention which means she probably wants to contact you with something she feels is important. Also I know you are an intelligent woman but just to be on the safe side do not use any Ouija boards to resolve this issue otherwise you may invite something bad into the house in which case you will be noticing more than music from a musical potty. If you need any information on how to do a house cleansing to rid your house of spirits tell me (But as this is aunt and as such you probably do not want to rudely cast her out of your house you will probably not need this information) Anyway it sounds like the best thing to do may be to consult a psychic medium who should be able to assess the situation for what it is and come up with the best solution. Thank you for sharing your story it was very interesting. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: