You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Good Or Evil

Real Ghost Stories

Good Or Evil

 

I've lived in Tasmania all my life I am 22 years old. I moved to Richmond whilst I was pregnant nearly 3 years ago. The home we rented was beautiful sand stone home merely 5 minutes from the old grave yard and old geol. Richmond is known to be incredibly old and apparently 95 percent of places are haunted there including the pub.

On with my story I WAS a total non believer in the paranormal ect. The first few nights we stayed at our new home was fine a little eerie but nothing to serious, then after at least 3 weeks little thing I noticed kind of creeped me out, for example, I put the brush on my dresser near my bedroom door one day and went out for lunch with a friend, when I came back it was on the floor. I didn't take much notice thinking it might have just slipped off. My hair straightner would turn itself on (it melted my sink bench one time) I put it down to an electrical fault, bought a new one, same thing happened.

One day just after my daughter was born I was in her nursery when I could have sworn I heard footsteps like someone walking on wooden floorboards. I turned to see nothing that's when I realized we didn't have floor boards we had carpet so it was impossible to hear what I thought I did, the footsteps seemed to frequent more and more around me and my daughter and on a few occasions id shut my daughters window in her nursery to return a few hours later to find it ajar again. I know it was not my boyfriend as he works nights and what's even more unbelievable is when I shut the window I dead bolted it from the inside.

When my daughter got to 2 years old she started talking a lot to someone I couldn't see. When I asked her about it she would point to thin air asking me "why can't you see mum" looking at me strangely like I was a weirdo. My daughter is still too young to properly explain who she is talking too constantly it makes no sense to me. Her toys get moved from her room into my room but she is fast asleep and hasn't put them there. When I ask she blames her friend who she calls Beth (I'm assuming Elizabeth maybe) the reason I am sharing this is because recently there seems to be something else in our house.

My partner woke 4 weeks ago with a giant bruise on his back, it looked as if he had been hit with a stick or pole, it was not there when we went to sleep and he has no recollection of ever getting it. Things have been falling off my daughters dressers and smashing; nearly all her christening presents are broken or missing. She cannot reach them and the dresser is sturdy and level so how can this be. Also I was doing the dishes a few nights ago when I felt very uneasy and I could smell something foul like manure or something rotten hard to explain. I looked through my window and could see the reflection of a dark stocky looking man standing right behind me, thinking it was my man I turned to be overcome with a feeling of almost like dread, I couldn't move, but no one was there, when I finally snapped out of it I sat on the floor and cried until my man came home, I DO NOT believe this presence is my daughters friend. I didn't feel uneasy with her. But whatever this other presence is I want it out of my house and away from my family... Other things have happened since then but it's too long to write.

Help and advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Natane

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, natane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vicky_itsmethebadguy (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
hi Natane, I suggest you to sprinkle some holy water in the house. Read the bible daily in the evenings and before going to bed. Call a priest to exorcise and to bless the house. Keep a horse shoe or a cross under your pillow. Iron keeps the spirits and the ghosts away. Thats all thank you
natane (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
I also had a psychic come through the home she believes that a woman called Elizabeth hung her self in my bedroom door way in 1914 because her spouse was having an affair with a barmaid at the local pub. I'm not sure if I believe this because the Elizabeth my little girl talks about is a child probably 5 at the most. Have you ever seen like a flash of light like someone running past doorways? I get that a lot in my house and I believe its her because its very short and small, Maybe elizabeth also had a daughter called beth and there's more to the psychics story, she is also the one who told me about the convict grave site and after much research I found that part to be true
natane (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
thank you all for listening and yes I have done a lot of research on my home. It turns out my house is actually built on a convict burial site from the early to mid 1800's I'm guessing that's not really a good thing. So I'm assuming the man could be from then as I hav since caught glimpses of the stocky man who seems to be wearing what looks like old style rags. I can't be 100% sure as I only see a glimpse and when he does appear for a long time its only a dark figure. My daughter still has her little friend beth who I'm growing fond of
Trudy44 (60 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
Dear Natane,

Here is my Christian advise. It helps me so it should help you.

1. Pray to God for help. Do not pray to Michael the archangel. Hebrews 4:16, Jude9

2. Put on the armor of God. Pray it on. Ephesians 6:10-18

3. Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite Bible passages. Here are some of my favorite Bible verses. John 3:16-17, John14:6,Colossians 2:15, Philippians 2:9-11, Romans 8:26-39, 1 John 4:1-4,1 John 4:7-16,. I also like the book of Psalms.

4. Buy a small bottle of olive oil. Present it to God pray to Him and ask Him to bless it. Anoint your windows and doors. As you are anointing make the sign of the cross on the windows and doors with the oil. Also say "I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Also say " I command the demonic forces to leave in the name of Jesus."

5. Repeat steps 3and 4 in every room.

6.Go to a door that leads to the outside open it and command the demonic forces to leave in the name of Jesus. Close that door and anoint it.

7. Do this once a week for 1-2 months, then do it once a month for 6 months, then do this once a year.

I hope this helps. ❤
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
I went to Tasmania 2003/2004 one of those two, Richmond was beautiful, I always thought If I ever deiced to move to Tas (I'm in Vic) I would go to Richmond, and the Richmond here in Vic is somewhere I want to live as well! And looks like if I ever do I will get a haunted house, could be interesting
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Hi natane the smell of something rotting is not normally a good sign, it seems as though the man that was behind you could be bad news do you have any idea what the past has held for this home or the previous occupants?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Hey natane! You will be surprized at how many children have spirits as imaginary friends (or so we call them) and they end up really being there. Since neither you or your daughter get bad vibes from "Beth" I believe she may just be a spirit who is drawn to your girl. Remember, spirits were alive once and just as kids seek friendship, child spirits will want that too. She may not even know she passed away. Your daughter may or may not outgrow her ability to see spirits. That stocky male figure however is not a good sign. The moment a spirit makes you feel affraid or dread or evil, you know something isn't right. Remember that YOUR house is YOUR home. Make it clear that he is not welcome in your sanctuary. Speak loud and firmly, and say these things to him (do not shout or provoke him with taunts). That is your 1st step to standing up against this entity. Goodluck girl. -Shlain

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: