You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board Session

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board Session

 

After a few drinks I stood in the middle of the room arguing about how dangerous the Ouija board was and that if you didn't take the proper measures to protect yourself then we can open a portal and every nasty spirit can wander in your house, just like leaving the front door open. Earlier on we (being myself, my partner and his son) had decided to attempt an Ouija board, feeling brave after a few drinks, we set up the table with a makeshift board, lit a few candles, got the bible out and said the Lord's Prayer...

See if you have read my other stories, we have had a ghost in our house for quite some time, and I suppose we were trying to find out more about him. To find out why he is stuck here and why he hasn't moved on.

At first I was the one writing the any messages down. I was also very skeptical. I did mention earlier that it may take a few attempts to contact any spirits, but I was wrong in this instance, the glass moved straight away. We asked whether this was Tom and the glass went to "No" So we asked whether it could spell out who it was, it spelt out "Rob" which was my partners brother and fathers name, both in the spirit world. At that point my partner got quite upset and pulled away, so I took over. I suppose I was very intrigued and kept asking questions. I apparently had a visit from my late Aunt and then it went back to my partners brother, I even took my hand off the glass and it moved with just my partners son, he was very freaked out.

That's when the weird stuff started to happen... My partner starting whispering in riddles and the glass was moving too letters that did not make sense. I asked whether this was one of the spirits I had been communicating to earlier and the glass went to "No", then I started spinning very fast, followed by my partner being pushed by some unseen force and flung across the room, completely knocking him out. I ran over and tried to wake him but could not, so I went back and decided to close the session, saying the Lord's Prayer and that everyone should be protected.

My partner after a moment awoke and was fine but I wish now that I hadn't dabbled... It could have been a lot worse... Lucky we closed it probably and there was no after affects.

Weirdly enough my live in ghost now no longer visits... For now anyway!

Other hauntings by wendymneil123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wendymneil123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Kaya;

Most haunted do have a credited medium.
I have watched Derek Ocorah live on stage (sorry dezza if I spell your surname wrong!), and shook his hand breifly afterwards. Nice genuine guy I think.
I have also undertaken paranormal investigations in locations that most haunted have also been too...

One thing that made me laugh was that the guy who gave me the keys to one particularly famous haunted place in england (an old brewery), told me and my investigating team that when most haunted visited the location that they kept stopping the shooting of the camera and turning to Derek and saying " Derek can you say this please, can you say that... " etc etc.
I think this is why Derek left the show.

God knows how I wondered off topic so much there. I only meant to say that; With most haunted they have Derek Acorah present. Someone with a gift such as he is like protection in itself, and if someone attempts ouija boards with people like him, he will know how to protect the group prior to starting any ouija communicating.
kaya-stewart (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
the thing I don't get is on most haunted they use a ouiji board and nothing seriously bad happens... Is it because they're professionals?x
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
well not 14/15 protected experiences, but 14 protected went fine, and 1 that I did without protection seemed to create activity. However I didn't get any results when alone during the session, it was only also for 5 minutes. My cat would not stop lookin in the same area of the kitchen after and during that session that night, and it freaked me out like she was staring at something that may be standing there
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
i've used a board about 15 times and never had any bad experiences. Have been teased a few times. All attempts were made with experienced people at which beforehand the more 'spiritual' of the group gave the protection speech (picturing a white light surrounding you, and rooting you to the earth through the rocks and minerals etc etc) ...
Not one attempt has been bad, or scary. Some were quite humerous, others quite emotional.
One time I tried this alone, in my kitchen. Without protecting myself other than a quick prayer before hand. Soon after I would for a while see flashes of black in the kitchen out the corner of my eye, also had my flat m8. One time I saw it I also had a good luck charm which was on the wall thrown at me. However it stopped not too long after, even when the object hit me after seeing this blackness enter my kitchen, I was not scared. I think this is why it didn't hang around forever. *touch wood I don't jinx myself* point is from 14/15 protected experiences, I have had good experiences every time:)
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
Ive read an article about the board, saying that if your intention are good, then the out come would be good 😊 but using the board is kind of creepy and as I have read so far, its very dangerous so don't use it... 😊

P.S I'm no good at this thing but I have read a lot about it...

-Aya Winchester
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
I am still not sure whether I really believe (after taking a few months to think) could it just of been our energies moving the glass to what letters we wanted, I'm not sure, but I am sure of never trying it again. When I bring up the subject with my boyfriend he dismisses it, doesn't want to talk about it ever again. ❤ ❤
ParanormalLover345 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
No no no no no no no! Ouija boards are VERY VERY VERY dangerous! I do believe they open doors that either bring in, usually evil, sometimes good. P.S. Don't burn it! The spirit sticks with you, becuase you basicly burned the portal that leads back into the spirtial world. The best thing to do is sprinkle holy water on it, then bury it. God Bless You! ❤
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
hey dan thanks for the advice
It just sounds reaally exciting 🤔
But after reading yours and other comments regarding the bad spirits and stuff that could happen I maybs won't test my luck 😐 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
23_Chantelle_23: Hi welcome to this site I do suggest to stay away from using the ouija board, especially if you are not familiar with them they are dangerous tools I believe, and you never know what you are opening the door to just a little heads up. 😉

Dan
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
i would love to know how and IF these things REALLy work I'm new to the site and ghost stories period lol I used to never ever want to hear about ghosts but I literally can't stop reading the experiences on this website I definitley believe we're not alone in this world even though I haven't had an experience myself and after reading so many stories about ouija boards relating with the same punchline 'DONT USE THEM' I kind of want to try it? Is it really that dangerous?
WolfDaughter78 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
no you do NOT burn boards! You must coat them in wax and bury them. My family has told me stories of it so trust me I know.
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
I've been told and researched that people surround themselves with light and say a small pray whether the lords or not! The ouija board was just paper... And I actually think it helped my resident ghost Tom pass over the a better place, I haven't heard or seen him since that day. I hope he's happy xxx
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
hmmm I always thought that it doesn't matter if you leave the ouija board game, the spirits are still there? Well whatever, I always hear people say to burn it... But anyway... So the ghosts were one of ya's relatve? Thank goodness it didn't really haunt you guys.
jb12345678 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
you want to get rid of the board it is not a good idea to burn it becuse I burnt mine and now there is a black hole in my room in the closet 😨
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Dear Wendy,

You confuse me. How can you do something that is detestable in the eyes of God but ask that same God to protect you? Deuteronomy 18:10-13
People think that they can do whatever they want in the spirit world. You can't mix Christian beliefs with other religions that allows people to consult with the dead, that's like mixing oil with water. If you are protected it is because of God's mercy. But do not take God's mercy for granted because next time He may not be so kind. 😐 ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Maybe when you got the Bible out to read the Lords prayer, you should have read the part where He tells us NOT to dabble in such things as contacting the dead? Just a thought.

~LSD~
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Ouija boards are a deadly thing to play with. As you stated they can open a portal that you may not be able to close with saying the Lord's prayer. It sounds as if it brought a demon to you, and that is what pushed your friend. I suggest you set up the ouija board one last time, and ALL of you put your hands on it and repeat this. "I want nothing more to do with this, I now close this door I have opened. Amen." and then throw it away. DO NOT BURN IT! Burning a ouija board is like burning your front door down, but not having the money to replace it. Good luck! If you have any questions, my email is on my page.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: