You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stories Of My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Stories Of My Life

 

I'm not very good at telling stories, but here goes. All of these stories are mine, and have happened to me over the years, not very scary but I hope you like them. I have been able to hear, see, and "sense" things for as long as I can remember. I have a few stories in this but I'll try to keep them as short as possible.

I grew up in Indiana, which is where all of the stories take place. I'm 15 now, but I was probably 11 or 12 when this happened, my mom and dad were trying to buy this house out at a lake. Only members of a certain club are allowed to own property out there, my mom and dad were and still are a part of the club. We checked out the house, I didn't quite feel right in the house. I kept getting the feeling of being watched. My mom and dad decided it was a nice house, despite the few small repairs it desperately needed. I quickly ran outside as soon as my parents allowed me to. I didn't get the creepy feeling outside. Deciding it was safe, I went over to the dock, the house had a huge lake in the back yard, but my mom quickly shooed me away. I went over to the bench swing that was hanging from the branch of a tree; it was directly facing the tree that it was hanging from. After a minute I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked and surprisingly it was still there. I saw a very blurry boy. He looked about 14, had brown hair, blue eyes, a red shirt and blue jeans. I looked at him for a few seconds then he disappeared. I got up and ran to my parents and said I didn't want that house, I didn't tell them why, but we never lived there.

I spent about 7 years of my life living in a very small 2 storey 2 bedroom apartments with my brother Carlos, Mom, Dad, and my cat Salem. Many things have happened to me there. Not many scary things, and I've even used the Ouija board and nothing bad has come of it. All of these stories happened before the use of the Ouija.

I was playing on the stairs, like I did all the time, and suddenly the lights turned off. I knew there was a light switch at the top and bottom of the stair case so I just assumed it was my brother, and yelled "Carlos, I know that's you!" no one answered. I turned the lights back on and continued to play. A few minutes they turned off again. "Carlos, quit!" I yelled and stormed down the stairs. Carlos wasn't at the bottom of the stairs; actually no one was even downstairs. I looked at the switch, it had been messed with. Creeped out, I just stayed downstairs and got on the computer.

Another time on the stares, it was day time and I was going to go outside, I had my iPod and I was trying to untangle the earphones, I all of a sudden felt a hand right between my shoulder blades, and I was shoved. I fell face first down the stairs; it was one of those winding staircases, so it hurt pretty badly. It was out of nowhere and as far as I know for no reason. I used to feel watched on those stairs so I'd run up and down them instead of walking.

Many times when I was in the bathroom, I'd feel hands on my legs. It never felt sexual; it never touched above the knees, but it still creeped me out. Once I had my mom's car keys and I needed to pee, so I put the keys on the sink counter. I heard the sound of keys being picked up. Someone/something had tried to throw the keys to the other side of the counter, but missed and they landed in the sink. At that point I was used to things happening so I wasn't very creeped out.

I lived right next to a Baptist church, which I hung out at all the time. I was there at night almost every night. I always saw "shadow people" there, but they never scared me, bothered me or anything. Except for one time I was walking home from the church, which was just maybe less than 30 feet from my apartment, and for some reason I felt like I should look at my shadow, I did and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and stepped in a small hole in the ground, still watching my shadow, I saw it was still moving without me! I had no clue how or what was happening, but I ran as fast as I could home. By the time I got there I was crying, I was 14 years old and terrified of my own shadow, needless to say I felt kind of stupid.

Another time I was at the church, I was fixing the bracelet my mom let me wear and all of a sudden I hear a woman say "Are you going to give me that?" not looking up I say "No". When I did look up, there was no one there, it would be impossible for someone to walk away from me without me noticing from where I was standing. Even knowing that, I was determined to find her, so I searched the whole outside of the church three times, I never found the woman.

I don't know what this was, but I saw it on a few occasions at least 4 times. I cannot describe it as anything other than myself, I don't know how else to explain it. It looked just like me, same clothes, same haircut, same skin colour, everything. It was always inside the church, while I was always riding my bike outside when I saw it. It was either sitting or standing, depending on which time I saw it. The first time I saw it it was sitting against the wall just inside the church, it looked very real. It actually scared me the first few times I saw it. It would always stare at me so I'd try to get as far away as I could from it. I only saw it at the church.

One time at my friend Juanita's house, we were sitting on her bed listing to the radio and talking about boys and such things 13-14 year old girls talk about. She has moved since then, but at that time, her bedroom had 4 doors, one leading to the living room, to the left of it a few feet away was her closet, door number 2, the third door led to another bedroom, the fourth door was a door that led outside. She had two large windows between door 1 and 4. Door 4 was 90 degrees to the right of door 1. There was medium sized dresser in front of the window, which was right beside door 1. Anyway, we saw a man run, very fast, through her (closed) closet door and right through her dresser and out the window. We stood gaping at the window in shock. We both asked each other if we saw that. We then went to the dresser, nothing was damaged, we also moved it (it wasn't very big or heavy) to see if anyone had broken in or something, but it was locked, no one could have gotten in or out through that window, we never saw or heard anything before or after that.

One time on my way to Louisville Kentucky, where I was born and where most of my family lives, I was with Mom and Dad to go see my brother Christopher graduate from drug rehab. On the way there we passed by this normal looking house that had a shed like thing in the front yard. I looked at the house first then the shed. When I saw the shed I saw what looked like a shadow person, like at the church. It was about 2 feet taller than the shed and looked like one of those body builders. It was just huge! When we passed by that house again on the way home, I didn't see anything there.

At my old house, I used to hear people talk. It sounded like it was coming from the T.V. Whenever me and my mom would be talking I would always say "Wait, I'm going to go turn off the T.V." no matter where I was, up stairs or downstairs, the T.V. Was always off. When I got back where ever I was confused and my mom was looking at me like I was crazy.

I now live in a fairly large house, compared to my old apartment, the first time I saw it I got a creepy feeling, like at the house on the lake, I didn't immediately think of anything paranormal, but I really didn't like it there. Once we were almost moved in Mom and Dad said Salem would be fine here alone. I didn't like the feeling I was getting from this place so I immediately protested the idea, I lost the argument. The first night I spent in this house, I saw a white figure fly from the closed bathroom door across the hall to the nursery, Carlos' son Phoenix's room, I don't know what it was but I pretended to ignore it. Now when I'm alone in my parent's room on the computer, I hear footsteps in the nursery, which is right beside their room. Like at the old house, I'm hearing people talk, and it sounds like it's the T.V. But I know it's not, because I only hear them at night, when Mom and Dad have turned off the living room T.V. And the T.V. In my room. I don't know what it is, maybe whatever was in my old apartment followed me here?

I know what you might be thinking, but these stories are completely true, and I was not on drugs or alcohol at the times that they occurred.

Other hauntings by Sar-osity

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sar-osity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
sshields:
Your comment made me lol. 😆

Georgeisalegend:
Thanks for the comment. I'm only 15 so I can't just ask someone to come into my house to bless it or anything without my parents permission. I gess the only thing I can do is tell it to go away if I think it get's bad enough, and hope it listens.

If it doesn't listen then I would probably tell my parents to get someone to do a clensing or exorcism, or whatever other options if nessicary. 😐
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
I believed you! Those stories seem so real! And the part that kind of creeped me out was the part about seeing a person that looks like you in that church. BTW it is true that the ghost may have followed you to your new house. But since I'm only a teen, I don't think I can give you any advice to make it go away. Maybe call in a shaman or a priets to cleanse your house?
sshields (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
man, seeing that man run fast out the window sounds really creepy... I'd crap myself 😲
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Arc-en-Ciel:
Thanks for the comment, I'll look up Emilie Sag
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Hi Sar-osity,

If you think a ghost is following you, as I said in my previous comment, you have to act really quickly...
How, I don't know. You can ask him to leave you alone and tell him (or it?) he is not welcome in your house. But as you said, it does not work all the time. Keep in mind most ghosts used to be human, just like you and me, so they can be stubborn... You might need to tell them to leave you more than one time... Or find another solution (if you have faith you can use prayers to protect you and your house, or get it blessed).

About doppelgangers - well, nobody really knows who they are. There is a great abundance of theories about their nature - mystical creatures, bilocation, evil twins... There is a very famous case of bilocation (or doppelganger) witnessed by a dozen of people in 1840... Google "Emilie Sag
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
robertar:
I don't know what I think of all of it, I've had my share of good ghosts, bad ghosts, and annoying ghosts.

For the most part I don't mind. As long as I don't get a bad vibe from them. I'm not afraid to tell it to leave if I have to. The only probelem I have with that is worrying that what if it doesn't leave.

I don't think you can really tell if something is good or bad, nothing is alwayse as it seems. I do wander if the thing that shoved me down the stairs is the same thing that sounds like it's comming out of the T.V.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
what do you think about this stuff?

Do you want it happening near you?

Do you consider it might not be good?
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Arc-en-Ciel:
Yeah, I thought of that, the doppleganger, I've heard of them, but I'm not sure I know exactly what they are or why it would be trying to look like me. I don't remeber being sick or anything, if it was any of thoes things, I would have had to be tired.

I don't know if their is a ghost following me, but it seems like it when I hear the T.V. Like voices.

I do want to get rid of it if their is a ghost following me. 😐
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Hello there,

I just think you are very sensitive to the spiritual world, 😳
All the best,

Claudia
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Hai,
Thx for sharing your stories!

Well I don't have any advices to give you about the ghost that might be following you. Just know it's possible, and some ghosts are known to follow people. But don't freak out! You are not the only one to get creepy feelings in some houses.

If there IS a ghost following you, would you like to get rid of it? In your previous story you said you got pushed, so if it's the same ghost its intentions might not be really good. I'm not trying to scare you, but you must know it's hard to get rid of a ghost that is really attached to you:/ so you should maybe reconsider its presence around you.

And in one of your stories you said you saw something that looks like you. When you saw it, do you remember if you felt sick, weak or tired?
Do you know what a doppleganger is?

😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: