You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Babysitting Horror

Real Ghost Stories

Babysitting Horror

 

I was staying with my mom for a few weeks in Canada, along with a couple cousins, aunts, and just friends. Well one night they told me they wanted to get a little break from the chaos and all so they asked me if I'd babysit the kids for an hour or two. I accepted and they left. I put cartoons on for the kids to watch while I cooked dinner. I was in the kitchen, (in the basement with the kids) when I heard the garage door open up. It hadn't even been an hour yet so I figured that maybe they'd forgotten their wallet or something like that. But I had to check anyways, so I walked out and called out for them and I didn't hear anything so I went out and checked the garage. The car was still gone and it wasn't opened or anything, so I figured it was just probably the next door neighbors or just the television show the kids were watching.

We ate dinner in the family room basement and were still watching TV when suddenly there was super bad static and the TV turned off, along with the overhead lights, the only lights that we on were the lights upstairs. The kids and I were pretty freaked out by this so I told them it was just probably out of electricity. We went upstairs, and I felt a draft, I looked at the garage door and it was wide open along with the garage door itself. So I of course thought it was someone in the house. I went and checked all of the bed-rooms. Nothing. Suddenly the power went on again, along with the T.V. I thought it was really weird how those could have gone out if they hadn't died or run out of electricity or anything and have all the rest of the houselights still on. I was sitting down, kind of uneasy, I was just watching the stair rail making sure nothing happened, and then I saw a figure run by so fast I only caught a glance of it. At that I called my mom and told her. I knew someone was there and I'd see someone. I got the phone and dialed 911 just in case I'd need to. When I got to the top of the stairs I heard the kids scream that the lights were off again. I was really worried but had to check and make sure everything was ok upstairs. It went black up there too. But with the one light downstairs still on I could see a shadow of someone. The lights went back on a second after I saw it and the figure was gone. I walked down the stairs halfway and when I got there, someone was sitting there. It was an old woman. For those of you who have read my other stories know that I've encountered this many times now. She did have white hair, she was in a nightdress. She was shaking. I was so scared and didn't want the kids to startle her cause she already seemed scared so I leaned forward and at the same time she jumped up and screamed "Please leave me alone!" The kids heard too and I backed away and she ran out, down the hallway and was gone.

I'm concerned about her and would like to try to help but I'm worried it'll only make things much worse.

Other hauntings by rockstar09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rockstar09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LeEarlPearl (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
rockstar09,

I salute you for being so brave after seeing this lady yet again! I agree with the earlier posts that suggest that she doesn't know she's dead. If you feel something odd, or hear something that isn't normal like how you did before you spotted her the last times, I think it might help to shout her a warning before you go into the room where this is happening. If not, try some gentle techniques. Try talking to her softly and kindly before taking any action (like when you leaned forward, which kind of scared her XD) and maybe do your best not to freak out? I hope this woman can confide in you one day ❤

Best of luck,
LeEarlPearl
textbud13 (19 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
hi I'm kind of new to the site and just learnt how it works I found your other stories and I started to read them and almost cried but during your story being followed by an old woman I thought that maybe Iris had a husband that abused her and control her most of her life and that maybe the husband would not let her see or talk to others and if she did he would bet her up. I think when she saw you she got scared that her husband would catch her and abuse her. When you said that the locks and bolts well got locked in a room. I thought she would of ran there to hide so if you talk to her about it. It might help but could make things worse maybe the husband punched her to death and she thinks she's alive
teddystuffer321 (3 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
i;ll be like xsqueeze me don't get your granny panties in a bunch! Umm hello YOUR the one who is supposed to leave me alone like... I WOULD CUSS HER OFF LIKE WHAT DID I DO BATTTE MAN-.-
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
I would be pretty freaked out!
Sheesh!
Why would this women want to be left alone?
Is she really clear in sight?
What was she sitting on?
rhyan790 (5 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
Hmm? Your obviously being either followed or the house has a history. Similar to what charomy8 said, the old lady doesn't know if she is still alive or dead. A restless ghost that is. Looking for her (are you man or a woman) son or daughter that you look alike with. She probably did something bad or wrong to he or she and wants to apologize for. The guilt is horribly haunting her.
😉
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
charomy: Are you thinking of "The Others"? That was a pretty decent film
Ringofskill120 (8 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Hope you have luck figuring out what is wrong with her, I'm not sure if I may be right but maybe the house your in has a history? I would look into that, but good luck trying to find out what the old woman wants!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
rockstar09 Geez that would have been a terrifying ordeal. The idea of helping her do you know how you would go about it I mean trying to talk to her I think only upsets her she does seem very afraid and lost I wish you all the best with that.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

P.s.charomy8 the movie you are refering to is called The Others 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
Rock star: At least this time she didn't say "sorry!" and run off! 😆...To me this means she's getting used to the idea that you can see her... Maybe she's figuring things out?...Like, she's not supposed to be here, that kind of thing... But my, oh my what a scary ordeal!...That movie "When a Stranger Calls" would have been on my mind for sure 😊...I think you're going to have to be very patient before she'll allow you to get close enough to help her... She really means no harm, poor old thing is just lost...

My ghosties like the garage door, too...

Good story, thanks for posting... ❤
charomy8 (4 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
Hi, your experience reminds me of the movie... Gosh I can't think of the title, but anyway, Keith Urban's wife, the Australian lady, Nicole Kidman... The movie was about her and her two kids, always living in the dark and waiting for her husband to come home. In reality they were the ones haunting the real people, but the ghosts, her and her two kids didn't know they were dead. Well I just wanted to tell you what I was thinking. Sorry if I'm no help.
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
I just read through all your stories to make sure I had the whole story up to this time. I'm assuming this Old Woman that you keep seeing is not harming you, just adding a bit of humour and wistfulness to your lives? If your pretty sure this is all the same woman, and that her name is Iris, why don't you do some asking around yourself? So, your Mom doesn't want to talk about it. Do what we always do when Mom says no. Go ask someone else.
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
I honestly don't think I will! That's just a little above what I'm used to doing. And Yea I'm pretty sure it was her and I'm still pretty scared about all of this and no we weren't related but I'd be VERY interested in finding out what's wrong with her. Thanks:)
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
In one of your previous stories you said that an old woman named "Iris" had died in the house? Did you ever find out how she died? Was she related?
Ringofskill120 (8 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
I would be scared out of my life! How scary was this? Is it still haunting you? Do you wish you could figure out why it happened? I would like to know... I have never experienced anything like this so I'd like to talk to people who have so I can get an idea of what its like... Thanks for sharing the story:)
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
Whoah! That is freaky! Ahha I don't think I can have enough courage to go to a spirit and talk with them!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: