You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Our Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Our Shadow Man

 

February 27, 2007, my children and I were all home sick. My son Dalton (6 at the time) and I had been awake for awhile when he sat up on my bed and said "Mom, the ghost just ran in the kitchen." I said "what?" He said, "Our ghost, he just ran in the kitchen. Look, Mom, there he is."

I couldn't turn over to see because of the way Dalton was laying on my side. So I asked what the ghost looked like and he said the ghost was black. I asked if he was big or little and Dalton said big. I asked "big like your dad?" and Dalton said "Yes, big like Daddy." Then he said, "There he goes again, Mom; now's he's gray." A few seconds later there was a sound on our roof and Dalton looked upward and said, "He's up there now." I just said okay. I really don't believe that was our ghost; just coincidental timing of something else. Then again, who knows, maybe it was. We didn't have any trees, electric lines, etc that hung over or around the trailer. Then Dalton said, "Our ghost don't scare me, Mom. He's not scary at all." I told him that was good that he wasn't afraid of our ghost; that most of the time our ghosts don't want to scare us.

A couple of months later (May) I saw a shadow person. At least, I assume that's what he was. It was around 12:30 a.m. I had just gone to my room from Dalton's and was just laying in bed waiting on Dalton to realize I wasn't laying down with him anymore, and for him to wake up and come get in bed with me. So I was completely awake.

Just to give you an idea of what my bedroom and bathroom were like, the bedroom had a garden tub in the left corner, mirrors surrounding the garden tub on 2 sides, to the right side of the tub was a double sink with mirrors above them, and commode and shower in a separate room. (This was all at one end of the trailer.) While lying in bed, looking into the mirrors, I could see through my kitchen into my living room and down the hallway toward my kids' rooms.

So, I was in bed, facing my bathroom looking at the mirrors (which typically I don't do) when all of a sudden I saw a black silhouette walking in the living room from one side of the room to the other (toward the living room door). I just lay there thinking to myself "Oh please tell me that's Dalton". It wasn't. This was the very first time I had ever seen such a solid, black "thing" so I have to admit I was a little "OMG!" ish. This "shadow" was similar to Alfred Hitchcock's profile (seriously, big belly and all). He was solid black. No color at all. But all I could see was from the waist up. I'm not sure if it's the way I was laying on the bed, looking in the mirrors or if I just couldn't see from the waist down because there was nothing to see. Seeing him totally caught me off guard. I was not asleep, completely awake and had been for about 15 minutes. Not my imagination. I don't think, even in my wildest imagination, I would have imagined something that looked like that.

The thing is this "shadow man" didn't even act like he knew anyone else was around. He acted like he had a purpose and was intent on fulfilling that purpose. And that purpose had nothing to do with me. I never saw him again after that.

I know a lot of people would automatically jump on the "demon" train because he was solid black. I don't agree with that assessment. I felt absolutely nothing from him. No evil intent, no desire to interact with us at all. I can't even say he was the same "ghost" Dalton saw. I just wonder if I was supposed to see him at all.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
kunwarkh - best of luck and we'll look for you in the middle of November.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
Lol, I don't have much brain to pick, but I'll answer what I can. Good luck on your exams. 😊
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
BadJuuJuu,

Thanks for the links, I have read a bit and bookmarked it, final exams starting from Nov 05... I'll pick your brains after a month from now:)

Miracles,

Hi, just wanted to let you know that if in case my account is posted until that time, Ill be replying to the comments on 21 November... Just in case any of the users wonder where the poster has vanished.

Thank you for your help guyz...
Pray for me 😜
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
And to beat it all, electric went out right after that LOL. I'm not meant to be on the computer tonight πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Oh, the joys of having to share a computer lol. I hate when I have to turn mine over. 😨
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
BJJ - thank you. Dalton thought it should be his turn on the computer (we both came home early today LOL).
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Alot of American witches are Wiccan, or have been influenced to some extent by Wicca. Not all of course, but a lot. Here are a few links on Wicca, what it is and what it aint.
Http://wicca.cnbeyer.com/wicca101/
Http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/wiccaandpaganismbasics/a/MythsMisconcept.htm
Http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/wiccaandpaganismbasics/a/WWPDiffs.htm
There are a lot of neopagan (new pagan) religions being practiced in America these days. Some incorporate religious witchcraft, others don't. This isn't a comprehensive list of American neopaganism at all, but it's a little information you may find interesting.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Curiousness?
Need to know?

I hope I'm still making sense... πŸ˜•
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
kunwarkh - well, now see that I might have wondered about. Why would you have asked that? And why would it matter? πŸ˜•
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
I should have just asked who is a witch, instead of involving or quoting RookDyGin.

My bad.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
BJJ - you got me πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ Darn that 50 character rule LOL Love my milk! πŸ˜† OMG!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
kunwarkh - no, you've said nothing wrong. I just don't like answering for other people. And Rook has always made his email available to people, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you contacted him. I can't guarantee when he'd be able to answer since he's very busy, but I really don't think it would bother him.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Miracles, what are you apologizing for? Did I miss something? Are YOU the milk thief?!?
πŸ˜† ❀ πŸ˜†
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
I would've done just that, but I haven't had the pleasure of interacting with rookdygin on the site, and did not want to write a mail straight up.
Thanks for your reply...

I sense I've obviously said something wrong. I did not mean to.
Apologies to rookdygin and to you for that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
kunwarkh - because I don't like answering for someone else, I will only respond to a couple of your questions. First Rook is a man, not a woman. And no, from everything I have learned while being on this site, apparently "witch" does not mean the same thing in India as it does here in the States. Even though some people here in the States have their heads up their butts and think that Wicca, Pagan, witch mean something bad and have satanic/evil connotations. Just in case you misunderstand that, no..."there is no devil in the craft" (one of my favorite lines from "Practical Magic").

If you want to know anything else, Rook's email is on his profile.

(Sorry, BJJ πŸ˜‰)
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Hi Miracles,

I hope my questions aren't getting too annoying. Anytime you want me to stop them, please just tell me and I will...

I just read a comment by user 'rookdygin'. I understand that she is a very respected member here. I just read a comment by her where she said that she was a former 'witch'. I just want to know what does a witch mean. In India (please note that this is just what is commonly believed in our culture and is not my beliefs), a woman who uses black magic to negatively effect a person or control negative spirits is called a witch.
I want to know if it's the same everywhere.
What or who is a witch exactly?
Again, I have the highest respect for rookdygin and do not mean the slightest disrespect to anyone.

The said comment is on the story 3:00 am phenomenon.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
granny - LMAO! Okay, since this is my story I can say things like that πŸ˜† Hey, go back to what you were doing. Things are okay over here. Hear me? πŸ˜‰ 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
kunwarkh: That knocking sound you heard was my butt hitting the chair, I got home from work about an hour ago πŸ˜†
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Haha NorthCoastie,

Alright, I get it now 😜

The way you put it, especially that last paragraph, almost made me laugh out loud πŸ˜†.

Thats what I love about this site, so many people to help you from going nuts. Oh wait - what was that knocking sound I just heard. 😜
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
I agree with BadJuuJuu about falling prey to suggestion. I believe this can explain a good deal of paranormal experiences.

Falling prey to suggestion is like this: you're thinking about ghosts, reading ghost stories, watched a scary movie... Etc, so you have ghosts on your mind. Now, since it is already on your mind, your mind will interpret every day normal occurrences as being supernatural --- instead of hearing the house creaking from settling at night due to the framing cooling down, your mind hears footsteps; instead of seeing a shadow from a chair on the wall as a car drives by with its headlights lighting up the room, you see a shadow person run across the room... Your mind interprets normal every day occurrences as paranormal since it is on your mind.

It happens to me every year around this time when I get really into reading these stories on websites like this... I stay up late at night reading 100 creepy stories, then I start hearing things in my own house. Are ghosts reaching out to me because I am reading online ghost stories? Could be... But most likely I'm hyper vigilant because I'm creeped out by these stories, so my mind is interpreting things that I always hear anyways as being ghostly... The power of suggestion.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Also, I don't really know what falling prey to 'suggestion' means.

Not that good with English phrases.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
BadJuuJuu,

I may be coming across as someone who wants to believe that it's paranormal, but please know that I am more than happy to believe it is all in my head 😜.

But do allow me to take up my own case.
I am just wondering whether this stuff is not supposed to happen when someone is really scared? That was the case sometime ago but now I have become more... Accustomed?

I don't think I have become any braver, If I see something that remotely resembles a spirit or a ghost I will run for my life 😜

Again, I am really thankful for all the advice that you can offer 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Sounds like you may be falling prey to suggestion. You're reading about ghosts, you're thinking about ghosts, and since that's on your mind you feel like ghosts are around. It's like watching a slasher movie and thinking you see the movie villain hiding behind your couch. Happens to everyone now and then. 😊
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Yes, I am personally thankful to Valkricry, sds, Sceptic-Ari, Triskaedeska, lady-glow and many-many more. I am still new as you know and have trouble recalling all the user-names.
Right now I just want to learn as much as possible.

Personally, I want to share something. As of now, there is one story that has been published and another has been submitted.

So initially, there were 3 experiences in totat (the first was just an episode of sleep paralysis) after which there were none for quite some time.
I was obviously very scared back then and that was why I started reading. That is not the case now, but I feel that somehow there is more happening around me, if you know what I mean, it is nothing very definite that I would submit it, but you know, something odd, something missing that shouldn't be, feeling as if something just moved in my peripheral vision. Can this be put down as paranoia? Or is it just that I am more aware?

Sorry for the wall of text 😐
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
First, it's not only mods who put in a lot of time and dedication to this site. There are so many other members who put as much of their time and advice in, if not more sometimes. We, the mods, often get caught up in editing and publishing the stories that we get so far behind on reading stories that we don't actually edit. So, we can't take credit for all of this. We just have a tag after our name that others don't.

Now, do I think you've become more prone or more sensitive because of reading, researching, etc? No, personally, I don't. I think what you've done is made yourself more aware.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Seriously though, we should have an appreciation thread.

I know you guyz do it because you like it but I know the hardwork that goes in to ensure that the content on the site is only the best.

Co-incidentally this is the first experience of yours that I read.

Since we are here, I would like some advice.
Is it possible that by researching, reading, watching videos about the paranormal, I have somehow become more prone, or more sensitive to it?

Just want to know your thoughts.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
kunwarkh - okay, moved this to one of my stories LOL Nah, I'm not the only one keeping this site going, you just don't see the others right now πŸ˜† We're doing shift work and this is my shift right now πŸ˜‰

And thank you so much for the compliments. Even though they are unnecessary I do appreciate them. We have some great people on this site, if I do say so myself 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Carl, Suzie and fathertaz - glad to see you're keeping up πŸ˜† Night all! See you tomorrow ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
miracles ❀ yes I see your point,
Im seeing this but I don't want to be seeing this, if I tell my self I'm not seeing this then I might not be seeing this but I am seeing this so I must be seeing this even though I wish I was not seeing this!?!
This is so confusing what am I seeing/not seeing?!
So no not confusing at all sweetie!?!
Carl/suzie/fathertaz and the others in here πŸ˜†

Oh help I can't stop typing now I have started!? 😲
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Hey taz - nice to see you πŸ˜‰. Yeah, he kind of freaked me out just a bit πŸ˜†. One of those situations where you think OMG! Am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing? While knowing the whole time you really are seeing what you hope you're not seeing LOL! Confuse you? πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: