You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Boy And Hide And Seek

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy And Hide And Seek

 

Alright this is my first post, but surely not my first experience. I myself am able to speak with spirits, and so here is one of the few memories I shall share. Yet, in telling you my memory, I must tell you the lives of those spirits from which are connected to the memory. Since this takes place in my current house and I can see what I'm trying to describe, I shall give you the layout of the house. You enter the front door and the coat closet is there. Turning to your left you enter the front from, off the right of there are the bed rooms and bathroom from the hallway. Going to the left is the rest of the front room and the kitchen is near the back of the front room, which has a door to the garage.

I was sitting on the floor chatting with my father, a rarity in itself. When my father's face changed, and when I say change I mean his face CHANGED. It got all pale and his eyes were transfixed on the hallway, which lay behind me. I turned and I saw a shadow pull back, as if it was hiding from me. I couldn't help but smile. It was a young boy, around maybe 5. He had sandy brown hair and blue eyes. He wore coveralls, and those hard shoes they used to wear. I can tell you the few times since that I have seen him; he is one of the cutest little boys I have seen. But on this night, every time I would look at him, he'd pull back behind the wall so I couldn't see him. Yet, for some unknown reason, he'd let my father see him.

The next night, and a night that shall be burned in my head forever, I met his grandfather's spirit. This man I never saw, I only heard his roaring voice. It was weak with his age, yet it still had the thunderous sound of demand with it. This man, as with many I have met, was not the kindest to women. He saw us as nothing more than things that needed to mind our own business. I however, because of my bullheadedness, I refused to listen to him. I talked more with the boy, whose name I am purposefully not saying, and came to find out that his death had been an accident at the hands of his grandfather. For those of you who have big hearts, just like I do, this next part will be hard to swallow.

The more I asked and talked with the boy, the more I found out. I asked about his mother, a sore topic with him but someone he spoke about on a regular basis. Then, from nowhere came that echoing voice of his grandfather, telling me to mind my own business again. As always, I happily refused and kept digging. That was when the boy decided to show me what happened to his mother. Through my own eyes I saw the day he died, and the day his mother was murdered.

His father was a drunk, and the grandfather believed the mother didn't have what it took to raise a child. So he took it upon himself to raise him, but when he came to take the boy away, his mother fought back, like any true mother would. That was when the grandfather lost his "cool" and his temper flared. He turned on her, and... (Here it is as I said) he beat her to death in front of the boy. But the boy refused to stand by and let it happen. He tried to stop his grandfather, and as he grabbed a hold of his grandfather's arm; his grandfather shoved him away making him trip. As he fell his head struck the wooden floor and fractured his skull. This was the end of the boy, his mother and the family they "had." After hearing and seeing this I began to cry uncontrollably. It was horrible listening to him yell for his mother and for his grandfather to stop. I can hear it replaying in my head right now and it makes me want to cry.

I know parts of this sound completely made up, since I refer to him only as "the boy," but even as a spirit I believe they have a right to keep their life's tales to themselves, or at least to keep their names out of them when they are told. He didn't want his name said, and so I haven't said it. I miss his mother, because she has since crossed over and now is at peace. The grandfather has left too, much against his will but we refused to have a man like him here. We still talk to the boy, and joyfully he plays the "hide and seek" game with us. I catch glimpses of him out of the corner of my eye, and sometimes I see him smile at me. He's a wonderful little boy whose life was cut too short.

Other hauntings by hope4ever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hope4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-17)
I cried so badly. This is such a heartbreaking account. I wish I had the specialty that you have, but God is great; he knows I'm too emotional. My prayers for the little boy, as I have 3 daughters and 1 little boy myself... So I feel the pain somehow. Hurts so so much. ❤
KARNIVIGITERIAN (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
you are a amazing person to care for him. Please show him love and care. Hes a lost lonely young soul that needs someone. His games of hiding is his way of playing and it seems like he loves to gain your attention. Goodluck<3 ❤
signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Should't he be moving on to?
Maybe finding his eternal peace?

Is there still someting holding him here?
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
Toxic- I'm glad to hear that. The children's spirits need the most help, because they are usually the most confused about what's going on.

If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to send me an email. I'm more than willing to answer questions or help.
Toxic_Melody (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
i agree. And for me being young I can understand what they feel and I have seen some child spirits and their parents don't like me but I refuse to stop helping their children. Thanks for the comment
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Toxic- I know he's mad, but he hurt that little boy very bad. I refused to leave him in my house when he was constently disrespectful to myself and my family, not to mention the little boy.

My father reminds the boy of his father, minus the fact that his father was not phycially abusive, but verbally. It is sad that it happened to him, he doesn't deserve it.

As in my mother post, I wouldn't mind talking with you. I can tell you have a good head on your shoulders. That is a good thing now days😁
Toxic_Melody (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
just by reading your story I can sense something even over the computer. The grandfather is angry. He is angry at you for nosing in the business. So there must be a connection with the house and the boy besides that he died there. Your father must resemble someone maybe. But... I don't know... I lost the sense I can't figure out anymore. You must ask the boy about your father. See if he feels something for your father or any other family member. Plus you must feel like a mother to him. And there must be more to his death then what you know
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Raven- I have tried to get him to cross over, to be with his mother again. But he chooses to stay. I keep trying to get him to crossover, he needs to be with her but he won't go. I keep tryin, that's all I can do.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
what have you done to help the boy so far? I mean he already knew that he's dead and his grandfather is already dead right? I think it is time for him to go to the light.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
Jerry- I know what you are suggesting with your comment, and yes I've seen his eyes. When I see him he's always all there. I have felt him around before we actually ever saw him. Only this past year have I let myself be completely open to the things that have been happening around me since I was little. He had been around, I just didn't let myself see him before then.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Just one thing, when you see this "boy" is he all there, what I mean do you see his feet, hands and most of all are his eyes normal, there are aw, things that project themselfs as human children to gain trust ect. And this one sounds like it found you fast, not like a small boy of five years old, but again look at the eyes - they never get them right, they can't, because the eyes are a window to ones soul...
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
awww that's a nice story and sad how he died...:) at least he has you to play with him.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Sorry y'all I didn't mean why I meant way. Typos are not usually common, just glad I caught that one.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
We have tried to get him to crossover but he says that he isn't ready too yet. I keep telling him his mother is waiting, and he hates to have her wait, but he wants to stay a little longer. I think he's became attached to us in a why.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
I agree with the others. That boy needs to crossover and be with his mother. Since you said his grandfather is gone there should be nothing holding him here.
IwanttoHelp (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Tell that boy to go to his mother on the otherside she is and will wait for him, but maybe you have to do something about the grandpa too maybe he is the one who is preventing the boy from crossing over.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
so, what is stopping this child from crossing over? Can't you help him get to the other side? I imagine he is quite lonely and confused.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: